• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 04/05/04

Stim

echo said:
We have had a really off season, you get them, but the 8 month ban that Rio got never helped, he was proven that he never has taken drugs and still the FA gave him a £50'000 fine and a 8 month ban?. the other player got £2000 and no test's taken?
You're right its a conspiracy, everyone is against you.

slapz

echo said:
When Rio stopped playing, we was 3 points clear?

Yeah but you still would have had Silvestre at the back so 10 points or so behind sounds about fair

JazzG

Established Member
echo said:
When Rio stopped playing, we was 3 points clear?

Rio stopped playing after the Wolves game. After that game we had 52 points and you had 50, if you wanna come here with facts please check them. I've already corrected you once.

Lets face it lads Dein is the only reason we are top. I mean how dare the FA ban Rio Ferdinand for 8 months when the rule books clearly state he should be done for 2 years. I mean it was Dein who injured Ole gunnar as well. Dein should get a championship medal :D

A

Anonymous

I should have said when all the trouble started.
Jazz you like stating facts where in the FA rule book does it say a 2 year ban?

A

Anonymous

kaids said:
echo said:
he was proven that he never has taken drugs
No, he wasn't. The hair folicle test doesn't mean squat.

Then why did the FA say," we are not charging Rio with taking drugs we are charging him with missing the test"?. 8 months £50'000, was it racist? was it anti Man United? all i know it will never go away, it will be called Riogate.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
echo said:
kaids said:
echo said:
he was proven that he never has taken drugs
No, he wasn't. The hair folicle test doesn't mean squat.

Then why did the FA say," we are not charging Rio with taking drugs we are charging him with missing the test"?. 8 months £50'000, was it racist? was it anti Man United? all i know it will never go away, it will be called Riogate.
Because they couldn't prove he took drugs, you *****. The hair folicle test doesn't detect a number of recreational as well as performance enhancing drugs.

Provided the FA treat all future cases with the same severity as they did Rio, then it will have been a fair ruling. The £2000 fine for the City player was ridiculous, but you can't rule by bad precedent.

JazzG

Established Member
echo said:
Jazz you like stating facts where in the FA rule book does it say a 2 year ban?

If a player misses a drugs test he is to be given a 2 year ban. I'm not sure if this is in the FA's rule book or in FIFA's rule book which the english FA are suppose to follow. Someone on redcafe even made a post on it and showed which sections of the rule book he was refering to.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
But on the match: i thought it was a fair result. Reyes took his goal very well, encouraging. I thought Bentley looked very talented, but it was clear that RM is not his position at all.

No Arsenal player stood out to me, but I thought Hislop, the Pompey defence, and Yakubu were all very good.

dynasty

the game so great to watch... too many mistakes cus of the weather though... i actually thought bentley looked good in the right

Mark

Established Member
Reyes is good at these long range shots. He's been unlucky and hit the bar a couple of times, but when he has the confidence, like his first against Chelski and then today he can really hit them from long range. I hope he has the confidence to do it more.

Bentley looked better than when I have seen him in the past I think. I hope he gets a few more games before the season's over.

A

Anonymous

You will find its not written in the FA rule book about a 2 year ban.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Reyes and Bentley both played well I thought. Reyes didn't seem to stop running though his decision making wasn't always faultless. No complaints here though.

n_henry

Good job Gunners. A little (just a little) disappointed that we couldn't win, as we've drawn 3 games in a row now, but doesn't matter much.

GO JOSE! So glad he scored his first Prem goal - what a legend! :D

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
the sun has labelled reyes 'class' and awarded him 9/10. watch out henry, the media have a new darling.

Reyes had a decent game and tried hard, however 9/10 is abit generous! Many of his fancy passes weren't really working earlier on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom