• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

Tegh

Established Member
sabre, what were Henry's post match comments?
phonics, after Henry missed the free kick he looked to Reyes and then shook his head, then started mumbling **** for about ten seconds, when he was on his own - and not for the first time last night either.

qs

Established Member
I hate when people make a pass that loses possession and Henry shakes his head even though never moved into space when they were on the ball. People arent ****ing mind readers, what did he want them to do. Also his huff yesterday when Reyes shot instead of cutting it back to him even though he was in a worse position. Arrgghhh he's infuriating sometimes.

choi12911

Let's not vent our angers at Henry who scored our only goal last night.... His attitude was not great, but you have to understand that captains get frustrated too. When's the last time you've seen Henry make a desperate last minute tackle? He did that last night. He looked mighty pissed off toward the end. I can understand why he's pissed off though...

Rohit

Established Member
As Gurgen said Reyes is'nt a left winger there were times when he drifted in the centre last night and did much better,specially the through ball to Ljungberg which was a little heavy after leaving 2 Portsmouth players on their ass.

A right foot long ball to Henry in the beginning and the crossfield ball to Henry before Ade's miss were sublime.In my opinion hes simply being played out of position.It's true he gave the ball away a few times was'nt good but kept roaming asked for the ball and at times made something happen,his deliveries from free kicks and corners were good too.

He is being critisized and rightly so ,but what did Freddie Ljungberg do in the entire game apart from a tame shot at the end ?

sabret00the

Established Member
Tegh said:
sabre, what were Henry's post match comments?
i can't recall EXACTLY but it was more of less; "when van Persie got the ball i knew exactly what he was gonna be, but i also liked Diaby's goal, because Manu was in a position where he could've shot, but he passed it and we scored a nice goal".

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
tbh henry was free like hell and was unmarked by anyone when reyes made that shot but i think it's good reyes did that because sometimes we need some direct play instead of the walking-the-ball-into-the-net kind of gameplay.

what really pissed me (apart from adebayor's erratic finishing) was that there was this one time when henry could have a go for the goal but instead he passed the ball to flamini who looked somewhat confused with henry's decision to overplay and not to take the shot.

damn i was really mad i swear i could see the vision of pires' reluctance to score that sure-goal against manure suddenly appeared on the pitch.

anyways what do you guys think of our lineup yesterday? do you think we'll have the same set of players to play against wes brom this weekend?

sabret00the

Established Member
Rohit said:
He is being critisized and rightly so ,but what did Freddie Ljungberg do in the entire game apart from a tame shot at the end of the game ???
if he's not sold in the summer, i'll run down to highbury and put a question mark over Wenger's head. Ljungberg is a key member of Arsenal yesteryear, now just a waste of space.

Tegh

Established Member
Rohit said:
As Gurgen said Reyes is'nt a left winger there were times when he drifted in the centre last night and did much better,specially the through ball to Ljungberg which was a little heavy after leaving 2 Portsmouth players on their ass.

A right foot long ball to Henry in the beginning and the crossfield ball to Henry before Ade's miss were sublime.In my opinion hes simply being played out of position.It's true he gave the ball away a few times was'nt good but kept roaming asked for the ball and at times made something happen,his deliveries from free kicks and corners were good too.

He is being critisized and rightly so ,but what did Freddie Ljungberg do in the entire game apart from a tame shot at the end ?
Agreed, but a few good passes doesn't make a good game unfortunately.
choi12911 said:
Let's not vent our angers at Henry who scored our only goal last night.... His attitude was not great, but you have to understand that captains get frustrated too. When's the last time you've seen Henry make a desperate last minute tackle? He did that last night. He looked mighty pissed off toward the end. I can understand why he's pissed off though...
Last minute tackle? When was that? He gave the ball away so many times last night, I thought he was Gilberto.

GenerationRed

Regarding Henry and Reyes ever since the Arogones affair when the Spanish manager said something derogatory about black players and Reyes defended him i noticed a change in the relationship between Henry and Reyes,these stares arnt something new,i couldnt catch the game but it sounds like Reyes stood up for himself,about time too.

cc

sabret00the said:
Rohit said:
He is being critisized and rightly so ,but what did Freddie Ljungberg do in the entire game apart from a tame shot at the end of the game ???
if he's not sold in the summer, i'll run down to highbury and put a question mark over Wenger's head. Ljungberg is a key member of Arsenal yesteryear, now just a waste of space.

you should put the mark in AG's pitch, I think :wink:

I agree with you that henry is trying influencing AW's decision by giving some hint in that post match interview. exactly, ade's performance yesterday gave part answer for the question why rvp was unwilling of passing him in the manu game.

sabret00the

Established Member
eegarding the whole reyes left wing thing, it's a dilemma, he can play there but once you interupt his flow and he gets outta the groove, he's attrocious for a few games until he starts to regain his form there. i beleive that's been reyes's problem since he's arrive, he's either been in-form or not, there's no inbetween.

choi12911

Tegh, I don't think you've seen the game carefully enough. Toward the end of the game, Henry tried to tackle a Pompey player from the back out of sheer frustration. Also, Henry did not lose the ball as many times as Ade, Song, Diaby and possibly Reyes.

Regarding what you said about Henry earlier, he did not exactly stare at Reyes and started mumbling "****" at Reyes for his OWN free-kick. I've seen Henry mumbling something to himself when he was playing for France, when he was missing easy chances. I believe he was doing that merely because he was pissed off at his own poor performance.

I'm surprised you are not having a go at Reyes for shaking his head and mumbling something to himself just like Henry last night seeing how you hate players shaking their head. Reyes did that a few times last night too you know, when he missed his volley kick inside right-side of penalty area and when he was receiving rather poor passes from Song & Co.

Legend#1

Established Member
How do y'all know Henry was doing it to Reyes.. When the camera was only focused on Henry?

Is it cause Reyes was standing over the free-kick aswell.. but it could have been anyone.. The ref, who knows how Henry's mind works.

Rohit

Established Member
Tegh said:
Rohit said:

Agreed, but a few good passes doesn't make a good game unfortunately.

Never said he had a good game,but it was only so evident because he could'nt do a lot with the ball when he had it,moreover he lost it so many times,atleast he tried,wanted it ( trying is'nt enough for me for sure )

All i was trying to point out that Ljungberg had an absolute stinker too.Not everyone will point that out because he dint do much wrong,it seemed on television,but what exactly did he do ??? NOTHING in my opinion.

Legend#1

Established Member
Reyes may have had a poor game, but he was still more productive than Freddie, who was shocking and contributed zero.

I'm still waiting for the day Reyes plays RW.

choi12911

Legend#1 said:
How do y'all know Henry was doing it to Reyes.. When the camera was only focused on Henry?

Is it cause Reyes was standing over the free-kick aswell.. but it could have been anyone.. The ref, who knows how Henry's mind works.

It's because people love to assume... Some people were even suggesting that Henry is giving too much of his "death stare" at Ade for missing the chances in the first half and suggested that it wouldn't be too good, because Ade just came here, probably doesn't speak English that well and Henry should be the one who's comforting him into the team.

When Henry and Ade was coming out of the tunnel last night, for the second half, they were all smiling and laughing at each other just before the match. It's only when on the pitch, Henry starts to get serious about the game. It just shows how little people know about the relationship between the players.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Why are we talking about Reyes's and Henry's relationship? Let's create a new thread on this. Sherringham and Cole hated each other, they didn't even speak to each other. So i guess Reyes and Henry still actually speaking is a good sign. Maybe it isn't, because Sherringham and Cole got on with things while Henry cannot gt over Reyes's weaknesses.

By the way, I hope pompey stay up. Their fans are excellent.

Top Bottom