• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

the dawn raids

Established Member
Viper said:
Kenyonhater said:
Last night was poor but the slating he's getting is over the top.
I'm sure if the game against Portsmouth was not an important match for us then he would not have recieved the bashing on this forum.

but thats the whole point. last night wasnt the first time hes missed a boatload of chances, and lots of people have been saying it was going to cost us eventually. and it did last night. now im not trying to kick him out the door before hes had his chance to improve; honestly hes been miles better since hes been here than i thought hed be. but last night was not a one-off with him; the guy is wasteful infront of goal. it doesnt matter how many chances you create if youre going to go on and **** all of them up. thats how weve gotten ourselves into the position were in now. really you could say that last nights game was a perfect example of this whole season.

Tegh

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
lol. all we did was draw but now we are back to 'henry is to blame for every bad result' and 'its not reyes' fault he plays s**t'.
No one has said any of that. You're so anti-Reyes it's unreal. I can't take any post where you mention his name seriously anymore, which is a shame because you often have a decent opinion. choi, we'll agree to disagree, I aint budging essayyyyyyy!

patrick42uk

Established Member
thats fine, my reyes posts' arent particularly designed for you anyway. its my feelings on the game and i have a right to express them. certainly as much right as you do to claim his game is faultless.

Ricky_AFC

I could tell pompey were going to knick a point when Ade was f**king up everything that came his way.

Punished for not taking our chances again.

Tegh

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
thats fine, my reyes posts' arent particularly designed for you anyway. its my feelings on the game and i have a right to express them. certainly as much right as you do to claim his game is faultless.
I don't claim his game is faultless, I've criticised him for his last two performances. Nice try though.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

JGooner said:
Hilal said:
All Adebayor has proved to me is that an orthodox striker can function in our system, and can get on the end of a s**t load of chances. God only knows what we could do with a top class finisher in this team.

Interesting point which I haven't considered. I remember the debates people used to have here about whether a "fox in the box" could ever work at Arsenal, or whether it would just result in us being less creative. I think Adebayor has indeed shown that it would work, given the right "fox". Maybe Wenger knows this. Maybe this is why the Torres rumours never die...

Anyroad, it looks like we have major work to do in midfield before we worry about our strikers. Ljungberg's limitations are now being routinely exposed. We should have cashed in on him a couple of years back. Pires needs to be replaced within the next year or two. Song is dogshit but this doesn't worry me so much because Diaby looks good enough to lock up that role in the long term. Hleb is a conundrum - I can't work whether his technical skill makes up for his occasional lack of purpose and the fact that he will never be a regular goalscorer. Remember when Pires was so sublime that every move he made had a point to it and he was slamming 15 goals a season? We need another one of those. Walcott?

As for Henry v Reyes, a pox on both their houses. Henry really needs to check his head. His moodiness and *****ing has become so entrenched that I think some of the other players just regard it as a bit of a joke, which it isn't even having the effect of motivating them. On the hand, Reyes doesn't cut it. Playing in the number 10 role may suit him more, but his core problems - lack of decisiveness, failure to beat his man consistently - will plague him in any attacking position.

a man is only indecisive when he lacks confidence or doesn't know what role to play . Me thinks Reyes should listen to his own counsel . I much rather him run down blind alleys than play like Pires - venturing not much further than the halfway line .

patrick42uk

Established Member
Tegh said:
patrick42uk said:
I don't claim his game is faultless, I've criticised him for his last two performances. Nice try though.

so why the rant above? we both agree he had a **** game.

Tegh

Established Member
Hardly a rant, and it was because of your stupid post. I know it's your opinion, and trust me I've made my share of stupid posts, but I had to comment on it because I felt it was such a monumental pile of rubbish. Anyhow, I'm off!

Gurgen

Established Member
There wasn't much difference between Reyes' performance vs. Pompey and the one vs. Madrid away patrick. It's just that when we win he's fantastic, and when we lose or draw he's ****.

He has been his own ineffective left wing self in every game this season bar Fulham, with a few brilliant passes thrown in to confuse people.

Liberace

Gurgen said:
There wasn't much difference between Reyes' performance vs. Pompey and the one vs. Madrid away patrick. It's just that when we win he's fantastic, and when we lose or draw he's s**t.

He has been his own ineffective left wing self in every game this season bar Fulham, with a few brilliant passes thrown in to confuse people.

I think if we get a good offer for him in the summer then sell.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Tegh said:
Hardly a rant, and it was because of your stupid post. I know it's your opinion, and trust me I've made my share of stupid posts, but I had to comment on it because I felt it was such a monumental pile of rubbish. Anyhow, I'm off!

seems a bit of an overreaction to me to what was a light-hearted post. but as you said its been building up, what with all my numerous anti-reyes posts, so i'm glad you'v been able to get it off your chest. you shouldnt let things said on this forum get to you.

Tegh

Established Member
Reading way too far into things there to be honest.

''As you said it's been building up.'' <-- Don't remember saying that.

However, I'll let you live in your little dream world if it makes you feel better.

KingReyes

Established Member
Tegh,

In all fairness Patrick has praised Reyes when he's played well, its not like he does it regardless of what his performance was like. I don't think he's anti-Reyes, I'm pretty sure like myself and others he wants Reyes to succeed.

The problem is that it seems that Reyes beyond criticism and most of it is directed to either Henry because he's a **** captain and didn't look interested or Adebayor because he missed a couple of sitters and doesn't look like Robin Van Persie if you get my point.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom