PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | Monday 21st October | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Oct 11, 2019.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

51.9%
  2. Draw

23.4%
  3. Sheffield Utd win

24.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

You'd think so but this is the same man who fücked up the easiest run in we've had in years to then go get embarrassed by Chelsea in the EL final and they still kept him around.

2. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

As bad as our team play is I am always amazed by how potent the attack looks. I mean we could be scary...

3. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

I just remembered David Luiz’ last interview implying that Arsenal can now compete for titles. I know Luiz is slowly trying to impose himself in an already leaky defense but what kind of practice sessions are they having in Colney? This loss will sting and inspire us to win few games and then we already know what follows. I want Unai to succeed but at the same time he should know his players by know. The optimist side of me knows that Sheffield have played magnificently at times but that’s never an excuse. Off to Europa where we will inspire again.

celestis likes this.
  4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Man United levels of dreadful. But compare their set of forwards vs ours.

5. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

I hope Oleh keeps them up too, they are the biggest club in England after all.

Riou likes this.
  6. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

The last PL team to beat us at home is coming to the Emirates next. Surely it’s an anecdote by now but our hopes will be high after we dismantle a team we never faced before on Thursday. Oh well.

7. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

I stayed up till 2.30 am knowing I have to be at work at 8 tomorrow to watch this Pile of shiit.
    Dont know what This coward Unai wants we created **** all.Made another mediocre team look like world beaters.Need to get this stupid video analyst Emery out of my club asap.

samshere likes this.
  8. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

Really if u want to make a statement and not give our highest paid most talented player look in.....you have to play well and get results.

If you play in a way that looks to every person like its missing creativity from midfield....how can you justify that?

More cowardly team selection bs....just put our 11 players with the best stamina on the pitch....

The pass map is embarrassing.. imagine having pea and lacazette and martinelli on the pitch....but having no strategies for actually getting the ball to them in the box.....systematically and deliberately doing everything except for passing them the ball in the box

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Oh it gets better

MLK79 and arsmile like this.
  10. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Not a bad match tbf.
    The result is so unfair, we deserve at least 1 point.

m-due likes this.
  11. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

A poor effort indeed by Arsenal. But Sheffield Utd have shown many times this season they are a defensively sound team.

m-due likes this.
  12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Well you were half right

13. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

So the Luiz foul on Salah wasn't a foul then?

14. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

One thing I miss about Arsenal at our peak, is how cocky it used to make feel...the period after we won our unbeaten championship before getting screwed against United was amazing for me, 12 year old me went to school on Monday after we smashed some poor team 4-0 at the weekend with what felt like the biggest b***s of all time ready to bask in the anger/envy of all my United supporting mates...hell I would watch cars when waiting at the traffic lights and think... “mate I could walk out in front of you with you going 100mph and you wouldn’t get near me, as I have Gilberto Silva screening the area in front of me!” :lol:

Mark Tobias likes this.
  15. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

The commentators said things like 'a famous win for Sheffield United' the headlines say things like 'Blades stun Arsenal'

The sad thing is that I don' think Sheffield United or Wilder will see this as a 'famous win' at all, I think they would identified this as a very winnable game. We are pretty much guaranteed to not keep a clean sheet and as long as you stay organised we won't create much either so we are pretty easy pickings unfortunately.

16. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Honestly, it's fairly obvious what you need to do against us. On the Arsenal half: put pressure on the backline and our build-up is gone. Might even make a few mistakes to gift you some big chances (looking at you Leno, Sokratis et al). Once the play progresses (slow as a snail) to your own half: stay organised and let Arsenal pass sideways between Guendouzi and Xhaka, who can only receive the ball when deep between the CB's. No threat. Our insanely fast and potent counter attack force won't be able to get through a wall of players and we have no one (on the pitch) with an incisive pass, so as long as you don't **** up the threat is minimal.

Fallout, TornadoTed and Mark Tobias like this.
  17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Exactly, Emery is turning us into a midtable club and half the fans refuse to admit it!

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  18. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

Mate what do you mean Howes done f*ck all? Took Bournemouth from the bottom division, who were in administration into the premiership. They were on -17 points in the bottom division. Has them playing exiting football most weeks. Kept them up comfortably every season also since they’ve been in the premiership. What you on? Agree with you on Wilder, but that Howe statement is absolute sh*te bro.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  19. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

It's like they're making stuff up as they go along to cover up incompetence and blatant cheating. MD was very swift in giving fouls against us. Almost fell over himself rushing to give Saka a yellow for supposed simulation.

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Saka clearly didn't dived he lightweight and couldn't kept hid balance it could've been a soft penalty if given but wasn't dive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.