• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | 29/12/03

JazzG

Established Member
lex said:
who was watching sky sports at the end when they intervied henry and pires for the man of the match award.
henry was laughing at pires becasue he couldnt speak english lol it was funny . when pire was talking henry will put his head down cover his mouth and laugh and he was very obvious at doing it .
pires english hasnt improve since 3 years he has been here or more.
but he did day THANK YOU VERY MUCH really bold at then lol
i suppose all footballer say that at every interview lol
it was funny if anyone saw it

ahh crap I missed it :(

Andrew

I think Toure is easily the best right back in the Premiership... and he's got to be one of the best going around in the world (and I'm not getting carried away). If we move him back to centre back we won't have him making as many great attacking runs. I think he should be a permanent fixture at right back. Cygan is doing well enough to claim the centre back spot as well. I don't think we should change it around until one of them goes out of form. I wonder what Wenger's thinking about it?

kanuuu

Established Member
who was watching sky sports at the end when they intervied henry and pires for the man of the match award.
henry was laughing at pires becasue he couldnt speak english lol it was funny . when pire was talking henry will put his head down cover his mouth and laugh and he was very obvious at doing it .

hehe i saw it, :D

JazzG

Established Member
I remember after the FA cup final Henry came and asked Pires when he was being interviewed if he needed any help and Pires struggled through the interview hehe. Todays interview sounds hillarious, was bloody typing up my post and missed it :x

Another thing which I forgot to comment on was how professional we were. Nothing fancy, just kept it solid and killed off the game. Man utd are very good at doing this and we did superbly today. Whenever they built up a head of steam we stopped it quickly. Pressed them back and if they had taken more risks we would of score more. Southampton looked out of the match in the first half, we just weren't gonna let get back in.

A

Anonymous

Stim said:
JazzG said:
Stim said:
I didnt see what Lehmann did at the end, care to explain anyone?

After the final wistle Phillips was walking away from him and he threw the ball at his head :D

Ha.. Only Jens eh!
Sounds like a Arsenal player hit somebody in the back or when its 4-5 to 1.
What was People saying? glad the FA are comming down hard on players.

JazzG

Established Member
myth said:
Sounds like a Arsenal player hit somebody in the back or when its 4-5 to 1.
What was People saying? glad the FA are comming down hard on players.

Did you watch the match zain?

Phillips stamped on his foot on purpose and more than once was backing into Lehmann and blatently fouling him. It obviously annoyed Lehmann........

jc8gooner

Great performance tonight and an even better result. It would have been nice if we could have made the result a bit more certain just to save my bloody nerves. I was ****ting myself, even worse than in the cup final.

I have to say though, that I was really impressed with Gael Clichy today. He played brilliantly and I didn't miss Ashley at all. He is an excellent passer of the ball, very assured for such a young guy and reliable. He also competes physically, despite his slightly small stature.

I am so pleased that we got back to one point behind the bloody mancs. I just couldn't bear all those headlines saying, "Man Utd go 4 points clear," and, "Man Utd extend their lead at the top." **** off. We had a game in hand, and we won it so shove your headlines.

Arsenal's defence is looking outstanding at the moment, only conceding 2 goals in our last 7 premiership games. It was particularly satisfying to hold on to the win tonight considering the last two away games we have conceded late equalisers. I would have ripped my hair out if that had happened again!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It was a good professional game; the type you look back on if you go on and win the title.

The antithisis of the Bolton/Leicester games.

Zain, I expect Lehman to find himself up before the FA for his petulance. A typical Jens momemt and I don't begrudge it him; Phillips et al were frustrated all night and the ginger one had clearly told them to rough it up cos he knew there was no footballing way through.

jc8gooner

On this Lehmann incident, I don't know why there has already been so much attention focused on it. Because of this, I do expect the FA to atke action. I mean, I think video evidence shows how many times Phillips fouled him, stamped on his foot, and that thing challenge at the end was bad.

lewdikris

Established Member
Nice one boys.

The one stat Wenger will be focussing on most is the 2 goals conceded in seven games. Right now, we have the best defensive record in the league - and who'd a thought we'd be saying that in a defence that includes a midget youth and the Cyganator, eh?

Cygan's gonna hold this role ... for now. We've not got one of the big boys til the end of February (Chelsea), and now that the bald fella's found his feet, he's gonna be difficult to dislodge. Wenger likes big buggers at centre half, and likes the distribution Cygan can offer. And with K-lo proving to be the best right back in the country, let it continue while the going's good. Never change a strong defence - and right now it's really strong.

Weird.

jc8gooner

Who would have predicted at the start of season that a defence icluding Toure and Cygan could do so well? Amazing.

IW8

lex said:

I laughed when Henry said that Pires hadn't done much and then called him Nobert :lol: Interestingly enough they haven't shown it again :lol:

IW8

jc8gooner said:
On this Lehmann incident, I don't know why there has already been so much attention focused on it. Because of this, I do expect the FA to atke action. I mean, I think video evidence shows how many times Phillips fouled him, stamped on his foot, and that thing challenge at the end was bad.

If they do then they also have to do something about Gary Neville's reaction towards Fletcher's sending off.

satan_beckham

great result for arsenal but then we better learn to score a second goal to kill off the game of else the players are giving themselves more pressure.We are lucky that lehmann choose the rite time to be mad,it was after the final whistle that he throw the ball,or else it could have been a penalty!

leongsh

lewdikris said:
Hell, let's not complan about only winning 1-0. It's all we ever did for 5 years....

Well, when you have a defence of Seaman, Dixon, Bould/Keown, Adams, Winterburn in their prime then, we really did not worry much about the defending :)

But due to last season's defensive frailties, we have sufficient reason to worry. It would be nice to get another goal to give us some cushion - we have drawn a few games this season with a scoreline of 1-1. Imagine, if we have scored a second goal in those matches... *sigh*

Jinn

Established Member
IW8 said:
lex said:

I laughed when Henry said that Pires hadn't done much and then called him Nobert :lol: Interestingly enough they haven't shown it again :lol:

Only reason Pires knows how to say that is beacuse he had to in the My Pumas advert!

Anyway, great performance from the lads to shut up shop and keep the clean sheet. Well done.

Top Bottom