• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | 29/12/03

SydneyGunnerFan

what a goal we scored well put through by henry and then pires slots it in under the keepers arm i thought that was pure class and also vieira played a top match aswell

satan_beckham

leongsh said:
lewdikris said:
Hell, let's not complan about only winning 1-0. It's all we ever did for 5 years....

Well, when you have a defence of Seaman, Dixon, Bould/Keown, Adams, Winterburn in their prime then, we really did not worry much about the defending :)

But due to last season's defensive frailties, we have sufficient reason to worry. It would be nice to get another goal to give us some cushion - we have drawn a few games this season with a scoreline of 1-1. Imagine, if we have scored a second goal in those matches... *sigh*

yeah back then theres no worries,but now look at how many games that we were leading 1-0 then suddenly someone pop up to score the equaliser late in the game...Whenever saints attack yesterday,it gives ppl a heart attack! have a feeling that lehmann will be suspended by FA...

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
myth said:
Sounds like a Arsenal player hit somebody in the back or when its 4-5 to 1.
What was People saying? glad the FA are comming down hard on players.

Did you watch the match zain?

Phillips stamped on his foot on purpose and more than once was backing into Lehmann and blatently fouling him. It obviously annoyed Lehmann........

I'm not Zain?

Its a Mans game somebody keep saying on here not long ago, don't bleat if one of your players gets a bit of rough stuff, Its a Mans game!!!

Andrew

myth said:
JazzG said:
myth said:
Sounds like a Arsenal player hit somebody in the back or when its 4-5 to 1.
What was People saying? glad the FA are comming down hard on players.

Did you watch the match zain?

Phillips stamped on his foot on purpose and more than once was backing into Lehmann and blatently fouling him. It obviously annoyed Lehmann........

I'm not Zain?

Its a Mans game somebody keep saying on here not long ago, don't bleat if one of your players gets a bit of rough stuff, Its a Mans game!!!

So how do you justify that Vieira should have been sent off at OT? Or is it your philosophy that if he doesn't connect he gets sent off because it isn't "manly" enough?

A

Anonymous

Intent Vieira shown intent! thats all it takes to be sent off, and Ruud jumped back as not to get kicked a natural thing to do its up to the Referee to police the game not to kick back? thats what Ruud was doing letting the Ref do his job!.
I'm on a bout attacks from behind and bully boy tactics, so come on FA full force please.

Andrew

myth said:
Intent Vieira shown intent! thats all it takes to be sent off, and Ruud jumped back as not to get kicked a natural thing to do its up to the Referee to police the game not to kick back? thats what Ruud was doing letting the Ref do his job!.
I'm on a bout attacks from behind and bully boy tactics, so come on FA full force please.

And Phillips didn't intend to stand on Lehmann's foot? Phillips was the real bully here.

And if you want the full force of the FA why don't you ask them to extend Ferdinand's ban?

Anyway, if Lehmann gets banned I'm not going to worry too much. I have full confidence in our 3 back-up goalkeepers. Our dilema will be much easier to solve than yours so if you want the full force of the FA (meaning Lehmann gets a 3 match ban and Ferdinand gets a 2 year ban) then that's fine by me.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
It was a decent perfomance and good to see us finally hold on to a lead but this inability to score a 2nd away from home is a little worrying. Overall a good job well done. The midfield looked exceptional.

vin de guerre

Why oh WHY are our players so naive? :angel
Why in a "man's" game are our players so surprised that lesser players and clubs will revert toviolent and under handed conduct to knock us off our game? Why when this happens they act like petulant amateurs and get themselves into trouble.
It is time for the gooners to :box clever" either rise above it or get even in an intelligent manner.
Viera deserved his red card at OT and Jens deserves what he gets for being stupid. The game was over, we had won and phillips stood on his foot! so fall on the floor and scream bloody murder... No he has to be a prize w++ker and throw the ball at him! Where is the logic? We want to win the EPL, FA, CC and CL so we need all our players all the time. so stop them letting themselves down.

n_henry

Good result indeed. :D

But Jens... :cry: Haven't seen the incident yet, but if it was done after the game was over...Jens should have just let it go. :?

A

Anonymous

Andrew said:
myth said:

And Phillips didn't intend to stand on Lehmann's foot? Phillips was the real bully here.

And if you want the full force of the FA why don't you ask them to extend Ferdinand's ban?

Anyway, if Lehmann gets banned I'm not going to worry too much. I have full confidence in our 3 back-up goalkeepers. Our dilema will be much easier to solve than yours so if you want the full force of the FA (meaning Lehmann gets a 3 match ban and Ferdinand gets a 2 year ban) then that's fine by me.
The fact that a 25 times the last ban will do? and your i bit confused athletics carries a two year ban! the FA never had one and made it up, So if they can do that once they can do it for thuggery 25 Times the normal ban :D

vin de guerre

myth said:
Andrew said:
myth said:

The fact that a 25 times the last ban will do? and your i bit confused athletics carries a two year ban! the FA never had one and made it up, So if they can do that once they can do it for thuggery 25 Times the normal ban :D

In truth it does not matter whether it is Rio or Viera but the FA must come out with a clear policy on routine drug testing and punishment scale in line with all international sports. As for violent behaviour this also needs to be cleared up and adhered to. Then there would be less talk of so called deals with the FA by red nosed dwarves!

KoLo28

People complain when we draw 1 all because we don't keep playing our natural game and we defend deep... and now we go one nil up keep playing well and easily hold on to our 1 goal lead and we earn a well deserved 3points. Stop complaining, enjoy the win and lets look forward to Leeds...

A

Anonymous

I agree and the fact is Rio is banned for 8 months, thats fine as long as other teams and fans don't bleat on about being hard done by :twisted: I see you have been reading the Lord of the Rings Vin, can you tell me the name of the Brown wizard, he is not in the Film?

vin de guerre

myth said:
I agree and the fact is Rio is banned for 8 months, thats fine as long as other teams and fans don't bleat on about being hard done by :twisted: I see you have been reading the Lord of the Rings Vin, can you tell me the name of the Brown wizard, he is not in the Film?
Which Film?
Cos in the film there is Gandalf the grey later to be White
Saruman The white later to be of many colours
Sauron the Black but the only wizard from the book who is not in the films is the one who inadertently tricks Gandalf into Saruman's trap: and for gads sake cant think of his name! May be: ruud Van Abysmal :lol

vin de guerre

myth said:
Which Film?
Cos in the film there is Gandalf the grey later to be White
Saruman The white later to be of many colours
Sauron the Black but the only wizard from the book who is not in the films is the one who inadertently tricks Gandalf into Saruman's trap: and for gads sake cant think of his name! May be: ruud Van Abysmal :lol

AFCG7

Established Member
If i were Stack ..i would start getting myself sharp.. he will be in the team for at least 3 matches sometime in late January or early Feb 2004

A

Anonymous

I'm on about reading the Books not watching a bad copy of Lord of the Rings on a Movie screen.
If you read my post i asked for the name of the Brown Wizard, Not the white or Grey, But your answer tells me you have not read the Books.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I don't think the FA are likely to ban Lehmann for that, it wouldn't have been a sending off if the game was still in progress. A booking for sure.
But I can't believe the lack of mention in the press of Phillips' blatantly standing on Lehmann's foot!

Top Bottom