• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
I’m aware our defence is ****. But for the main Sokratis and Mustafi have done fairly well. We have CB’s- what we don’t have are ****ing wingers.
We don't have cb's that are good enough otherwise we wouldn't have conceded 23 goals.

It's pretty f*cking obvious. Mustafi isn't a starting cb at all. We've scored more goals than every team but City, we need a winger at some point but centre back is the obvious priority.

Our attack will be more than enough for top four if Laca and Aubameyang start games together regularly.

GunnerUK

Yeah but "being "just a bogie team" still doesn't warrant that defensive disaster class that we put on today.

That’s the point I making though when I say we never turn it on and just go to sleep. If this game was @ Wembley today against Sp**s you can Guarantee we wouldn’t of played like that

sammy89

This loss is on the defence. Two goals should be enough to see off a team in the relegation zone, but we made them look like an Alex Ferguson team on the wings.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I said previously, I don’t blame Leno for trying something at that point. Several times, including their goal, this had happened.

Think he fathered try something than watch on as he had before. It’s Lehmannesque, and I loved Man Jens
My concern is that he doesn't seem to get off the ground well enough. That ball was there to be taken. He's been decent stopping shots but poor on crosses and also poor palming the ball away from danger. That's arguably 4 points he's cost us. Now watch every man and his dog bombard our box. I certainly don't blame him for trying but consistently poor execution is a worry and he's not commanded his box all season.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
On the fence myself but certainly a valid argument there to play four at the back rather than forcing in the CM & RB.
It's an argument but it would have meant playing Kos - who people are blaming for being unfit - and Monreal or Lichtsteiner (or both!) at centre-back. Meat and drink to Southampton's walking wardrobes.

Agree and part of the problem is the uncertainty around Laca, Auba, Ramsey and Özil. Laca, Auba and one of the latter two should be our starting attack. Feels like he´s rotating way too much and hasnt figured out how to play Laca and Auba together.
I actually dont mind waiting to put in Lacazette or Auba until later in the game. For me the problem was that the midfield could not control the ball and link with our attack

TorontoGooner76

Just watched the replay. Sooooooo infuriating. If you lose the ball don’t just stand and watch the fvucking game pass you by, he does it all the time. :mad::mad::mad:

God knows what the boss will make of that if he’s having doubts.
My wife knew that I was pissed because I was telling yelling at the tv telling Özil not to stand there and to go get the ball back. He is being a big suck. At least Ramsey gives his all even though he understands that he is in the outs.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If someone looked up the Top 3 passing combinations for us today it'll probably mostly involve the players in the back 3 and Torreira. Just zero penetration through the middle, constantly forced back to eventually go long. It was a tricky call for Emery tbf. Either go with a back 5 for more defensive security because of the personnel or play an extra man in the middle and push the opposition back with controlled possession and leave yourself slightly light at the back. Hindsight is 20/20 but he chose wrong today.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also the need for a CB is overstated imo, we’re inviting all the pressure on to us by not having enough quality in midfield and out wide.

TopCorner

No he wasn't.

Created 2 or 3 good chances as well, especially the one for Auba at the start of the second half.

He also lost the ball through lazy miscontrol countless times leading to a disjointed, ponderous attack.

He didnt create 2 or 3 good chances. He, along with Iwobi, need bench time.

ptrcopp

My concern is that he doesn't seem to get off the ground well enough. That ball was there to be taken. He's been decent stopping shots but poor on crosses and also poor palming the ball away from danger. That's arguably 4 points he's cost us. Now watch every man and his dog bombard our box. I certainly don't blame him for trying but consistently poor execution is a worry and he's not commanded his box all season.

I agree he hasn’t been good, but when all our GKs are failing the issue can’t lay with them.
We have been better defensively since the beginning of the season, but there are the same issues that have been there since Merte broke

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Maybe he could’ve risked Pleggy or Medley, even Wenger wasn’t afraid of playing Song or Ignasi Miquel in the PL when it was necessary.
Ok, at least it's a view even if I don't think it would have worked. Is Pleggy fit though because he wasn't even on the bench against Qarabag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom