• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea City v Arsenal | January 30, 2018 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
We've dropped 15 points from winning positions this season, 15.

With 1/3 of that total, we're in a firm position in relation to the race for a top 4 spot. With 2/3 of that total, we're firmly entrenched in the top 4. With the entirety of that total, we're on the cusp of challenging for the title.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We've dropped 15 points from winning positions this season, 15.

With 1/3 of that total, we're in a firm position in relation to the race for a top 4 spot. With 2/3 of that total, we're firmly entrenched in the top 4. With the entirety of that total, we're on the cusp of challenging for the title.

My name is Sir Wilfred of House Ndidi and I pledge to avenge this massacre, M'Lord.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Well, that goes out the window before you buy him, doesn't it? We all know that you can cherry pick the best defenders that ever were and put them in this team and they would underperform. Xhaka isn't suited for this tippy-tappy bullsh*t that Wenger plays.
I can see him being more useful in a counterattacking team where he's playing in a deeper role spraying diagonals for wingers, but in this slow buildup team with predictable play he is a liability, simple as.

I thought that's exactly what Wenger was intending after losing the title to Leicester City. We were really excruciating slow in transitions which led to some shocking results such as Swansea beating us at home by easily stifling us when we were still very much in the title race.

I'm shocked at how Xhaka is being used here. Complete and utter waste of a purchase.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Would rather have Ndombele.
I saw him last week against PSG and he was pretty impressive with his drive and technique, but no one would do a proper job here after learning the sideways/slow buildup type of play Wenger teaches them. It's like his goal is to turn every direct player into a swiss army knife and slow him down.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I saw him last week against PSG and he was pretty impressive with his drive and technique, but no one would do a proper job here after learning the sideways/slow buildup type of play Wenger teaches them. It's like his goal is to turn every direct player into a swiss army knife and slow him down.
Total Football (the Cruyffian philosophy) at its finest.

BobP

Memri Fan
I thought that's exactly what Wenger was intending after losing the title to Leicester City. We were really excruciating slow in transitions which led to some shocking results such as Swansea beating us at home by easily stifling us when we were still very much in the title race.

I'm shocked at how Xhaka is being used here. Complete and utter waste of a purchase.

It baffles me when posters make the argument that Wenger has made 'bad signings' or that the vast bulk of the playing squad are just 'not good enough'.

What's the point of persisting with a manager who only is able to bring, what qualifies as success in our case, on the precondition that he has ready made, world class players in every position?

As a club, we've shown that we're more than capable of attracting top performing players from the other European leagues, those who are ready to make the step up.

The question now is, how is it that the likes of Xhaka, Mustafi, and Lacazette can go from being top players in their respective leagues, to looking like absolute fools playing for us?

On Xhaka:

http://bundesligafanatic.com/tactical-analysis-of-gladbach-via-win-over-leverkusen/

Look at how Favre accounts for the frantic pressing of Leverkusen and creates the appropriate structure when playing out from the back.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
My personal ratings

Cech 0/10
Monreal 4/10
Mustafi 1/10
Kos 2/10
Hector 2/10
Elneny 5/10
Xhaka 1/10
Ramsey 3/10
Iwobi 0.5/10
Özil 6/10
Lacazette 1.5/10

Sub
Mkhi 4/10
Giroud 4/10

Coach
Wenger 0/10

* Steve Bould -1/10
Seriously though wtf is Bould doing with Arsenal? Isn’t he supposed to be the defending coach? Wtf does he teach the team? To defend like League Two players?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That was difficult to stomach tonight. Worst I've seen in a long time, and this during a season with some shocking performances says a lot!

Xhaka! Feeling like I never want to see him in the shirt again. Shame on him for his actions during their equaliser.

Cech is an absolute liability now. Needs replacing first thing this summer. Wonder if there's any polish keepers knocking about...

What a mess. Has drained all excitement for the Aubameyang transfer as I don't see anything changing while Wenger remains.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Was crestfallen to know that I'll be returning home from work especially late due to the necessity of meeting a project deadline & barely have time to make it in time to watch the match.

It's only after hearing the news on the way to work, courtesy of BBC, I realize that watching the match might've had the adverse effect of me murdering someone (preferably Cech).

The depths we keep sinking to astound even an old stalwart like me these days :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom