• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | Sunday, December 6 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,346
  • Views 169,622

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I always wonder myself, why we can't go the Ajax / Dortmund path. Instead we go for finished players like idiot Willian. Stick with useless players like Bellerin and beg Xhaka to stay. Arteta seems fishy with those moves and the board we have is the worst. If we want to win something in the future we need a revolution, replacing the board, deadwood and getting a manager which works with youngsters properly.
Relegation, Kroenke to **** off, and a complete re-start.

Why

Always Me ?
I have to agree with the tactical side. I mean I would need to look at the stats but this team has not really changed since we beat Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea.

So what has changed?

Tactically in those games I don't remember putting 30-40 crosses in a game? This seems like some new bullshit strategy. Which I just don't get. I mean our set pieces are generally woeful. Whenever Pepe plays he takes the corners and can never beat the first man, Willian plays it short and then puts in a short cross after faffing about with some 1-2's. Our freekicks never look like they are going to trouble anyone.

We do not have any accomplished headers of the ball aside from Gabriel, so why are we trying to become that team?

Arteta really reminds me of a really ****e Sales Manager at the moment, someone who can't get the team to deliver so he focuses on KPI's.

"Ok chaps we aint hitting target this month, but if you act busy the bosses won't care because you tried and we can say you were unlucky. So bang in 30 crosses today and we tried hard."

But ultimately if you don't have a good team you are just covering up your short comings. Why his press conferences really wind me up. I dont know if him saying we played well, and really had a lot of chances is bollocks or he actually believes it. If he believes it we are ****ed.

If the players are all the same, and we are playing worse that is either down to the Manager and tactics or external factors that have got the players not trying.

So its Arteta thats the problem or the Club as a whole.

Financially with Covid, we can't afford a clear out. So we have to make do with the team we have for quite a few seasons, and this team does not look capable of scoring let alone delivering a win under Arteta.

EinmalImmerEwig

The club need to let Arteta bring in a couple of creative midfielders in the window and if nothing changes sack him in the summer.
1) How many World Class creative midfielders are available in January?
2) How many of them would want to come to us and be in a relegation dog-fight instead of Champions League?

bonzka

Creating overloads in wide areas is chapter 2 in the nu-wave coaching manual. But it looks like that's as far as Arteta's read.

The what happens next seems to be missing. Man City love a pull back, Liverpool like an early whip. Arsenal send a rubbish ball in and hope for the best. All 50 plus of those hopeful balls.

I suggest shoot on sight and hope for a deflection. Odds suggest this will result in a goal. Play the odds Mikel.

EinmalImmerEwig

I've been watching Arsenal since George Graham, and I can say with complete confidence that I have never seen Arsenal play this badly or look so poor.

Never in my lifetime.
I've been watching The Arsenal since Bertie Mee
Regular since 1974
Arsenal finished season 74/75 in 16th place.
Arsenal finished season 75/76 in 17th place.

We are 15th now, and won't get lower than that.

It is the 3rd worst season for me statistically, but there is no love from me for this team, from the owner through the Board to the manager and most of the 1st team, and I can't believe that a young fan would feel any passion and love for this set-up.
It stinks.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Watching the replay closely, it looks like he was going around Holding to mark Reguilon who was overlapping Son on the left side. But Holding didn't know how much cover he had so he was trying to mark both of them. Willian was trailing Reguilon by a mile, looks like his fault as much as anything.

I thought Willian was at fault for losing the runner. If he had his man Holding could have concentrated on not letting Son inside and Bellerin could have covered him.

EinmalImmerEwig

I swear I was thinking the same thing, he is the only one who can save us from relegation because at this rate it looks like we are getting closer and closer to going down.

Arteta breaking EVERY record....next up....relegated for the first time ever if we continue going like this.

**** OFF!
I think relegation is the only way we can get rid of Cancer Kroenke, but sadly even that isn't possible, as Sheff. Utd, West Brom, Burnley and Fulham are worse than us...just

EinmalImmerEwig

Our current league position is spot on and we deserve no better. Thankfully the bottom four teams are awful so we don’t have to worry about going down. But historically poor league position upcoming, that is 100%
That's not happening.
Historically worst position in the Premier League? Yeah, probably.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going through the matchday posts. This was at half-time
I can respect people who stick to their viewpoint up to a point, but look, you can be honest to yourself and change your mind.
We lack quality all over the pitch, not just attack.
Goalie average.
Defence below average.
Midfield non-existent.
But the biggest lack of quality is this manager and his methods.

It is painfully obvious that we are playing badly and making very, very bad decisions through the whole of the Club.

Kroenke is an ass, and the whole management structure that we have in place is flawed.

From the top to the bottom this Club needs a ****ing proper sorting out.

I would take relegation now if it meant Kroenke would **** off and take all the maggots with him.

Leno is a good keeper, individually we have some good players. But we need more.

Kroenkes made some bad decisions in regards to recruitment but they've sorted it out very quickly after releasing they made mistakes. It took Liverpool years to get the right men. You cant get everything perfect.

And tbf to the Kroenkes we have free reign with funds. Our wage bill doesn't get capped even tho we arent in the CL and we've spent 700m on players in 6 years.

Your post is making it out like we are Burnley fighting for ****ing relegation. Get in the bin.

EinmalImmerEwig

Can't wait for fan pressure to get Arteta out for people to be left with the exact same problems under any new manager.

Embarrassing the lot of you.
Can't wait for Arteta to be given 22 years to rebuild The Arsenal into his own image, with all the funds that he wants.

Happy Days!

EinmalImmerEwig

Me neither. There have been plenty of games under Wenger where we couldn't break teams down, but I have never seen such negative tactics here in all my 15 years as a fan.

This game was the equivalent of erectile dysfunction, ffs. We just couldn't get it up.
There are tablets available for that now, so I've heard.

Quite what the 'quick-fix' is for a team with a disinterested Arsehole owner, a squad full of over-paid Prima Donnas and a manger who thinks that Stoke City were the Pinnacle of footballing tactics I don't know.

I just hope that it's in suppository form and very, very big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom