• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 25/04/04

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 312
  • Views 10,662

Senght

The ref truly gave away the penalty because he pitied the yids for being such light years behing the greatest team at the moment. He was pratically giving away free kicks as many as he like! Thank god, Lehmann was on hand to save them.

KingReyes

Established Member
Jinn said:
After watching the replay, Lehmann did have hold of Keane's head, but there would have been no whistle if Keane hadn't pushed Lehmann over.

Weird.

He could do with a better temperament, but the ref was as dodgy as hell. The same ref who allowed Henry that quick free kick against Villa. He loves being controversial.

Why was the penaly actually given though?

For the initial tussle OR when Jens pushed Robbie first then got pushed back??

The Mini

Senght said:
The ref truly gave away the penalty because he pitied the yids for being such light years behing the greatest team at the moment. He was pratically giving away free kicks as many as he like! Thank god, Lehmann was on hand to save them.

Please dont use yid. I dont want to start another lare scale argument, I just dont like it.

Jinn

Established Member
I think it was the initial tussle, although Wenger seems to think it was the reaction. If it was the reaction, it shouldn't have been a penalty.

So I'm not sure really. I don't think anyone is!

AdamT

bullshit penalty, the ref was trying to make it up to tottenham so the police wouldn't be needed. **** that pissed me off, shafted again by the f*ckhead in black

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
And Tottenham fans celebrating like they had won the league at the end - very very sad. We have won the league the same amount of times on their ground as they have!

They were trying to rain on our parade but deep down they were gutted. If man utd or Sp**s won the title at our ground, even if we got a pen in the last min and scored, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I don't think many of their fans did :D

Andrew

The penalty was one of the most ridiculous I've seen. It was not Lehmann's temperment that gave away the penalty. Keane was backing into Lehmann (in the area where goalkeeper's can not be touched), Lehmann had eyes only on the ball and it was a natural reaction to hold Keane like that, and he did only hold him like that for less than a second. It was more a free kick for us and like Chips&CurrySauce said Lehmann was definitely being picked on here. That was a penalty out of absolutely nothing. And it just goes to show how the referees and their assistants try to uneccessarily take over games just like what happened when Leeds got a penalty against Portsmouth. Would those penalties have been given if it was the away team? No way.

Anyway, who cares... we are still champions and we've already beaten the **** this season. They got a lucky draw and say it's the best part of their season... sad.

Jinn

Established Member
Exactly right Andrew. We can blame Lehmann all we want but it was a nothing decision in the end.

But hey, we're Champions! 'nuff said.

Chips&CurrySauce

I just felt so bad for Lehman, he was obviously devastated by the decision. Hopefully he will learn from this however, just like Vieira had to when he was being hounded by the FA and refs!

reggiepaul

Well I don't understand how it takes 3 minutes ( I counted as I was standing there with my stopwatch on 45 plus the 3 added on) for the ref to decide it's a penalty?

Penalties are always clear cut decisions and should be given immediately not after 3 minutes of thinking it over...

That I didn't understand. I haven't seen what Sky Sports or the premiership had to say about it yet.

rachael-8

Senght said:
Lehmann has a nice body!

hell yeah :D soz i think jens is fit lol, hes a good goalie, :mrgreen:

the penalty was soo harsh,poor jens,he looked devasted.i dont understand,he booked them both,whats the point giving a pen? if it was a pen he shouldn't have booked keane.they both all over each other,so a yellow each was perfectly fine

lets hope he picks himself up

mayoud

The penalty was iffy but the reaction of The Arsenal team was a joy to behold. This time last year if a similar penalty had been given, we could have expected about 5 bookings and a couple of sendings off for the reactions of the players, followed by an inquiry from the FA into a near riot. This time - nothing, almost tranquility from the lads. Lets hope they keep it up.

The best part of the game for me, apart from the goals we scored, was the sight of the **** in the stands leaving for home when their team was 2-1 down and still 5 mins left to play. Talk about bad losers!

Top Bottom