• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford v Arsenal | October 14 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hold on. Wait a minute. Martin Keown was right next to Deeny. He did all but explicitly agree with him :lol:

66% of the loss was down to the ref?.....not havin that at all. Soon after Özil and Giroud came on we were in retreat, inviting attack. This is not a team that comfortably closes a 1-0 scoreline out on a regular basis in a professional manner.

66% of the loss was down to Özil & Bellerins misses + overall lack of creativity more like!

I do think Deeny crossed a line of courtesy to his fellow pros and should be kicked all the way down the Holloway road. He damn well knew it too, because he hesitated before he said the words.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
we lost the game, 33% because we were trash, and 66% because of the referee. without that penalty call, we probably see the game out. lets not paint the wrong picture of the outcome just because we have grown accustomed to a biased standard of officiating.
and only 1% because we have a past-it manager?

tcahill

Hold on. Wait a minute. Martin Keown was right next to Deeny. He did all but explicitly agree with him :lol:

66% of the loss was down to the ref?.....not havin that at all. Soon after Özil and Giroud came on we were in retreat, inviting attack. This is not a team that comfortably closes a 1-0 scoreline out on a regular basis in a professional manner.

66% of the loss was down to Özil & Bellerins misses + overall lack of creativity more like!

I do think Deeny crossed a line of courtesy to his fellow pros and should be kicked all the way down the Holloway road. He damn well knew it too, because he hesitated before he said the words.

Mate Watford weren't even playing football before their player dived, they were stuck in their own half. Their LW was the only one posing any kind of threat. The pen was their first shot on target. Without that decision we would have had the three points easy. That's why people are blaming the ref.

We had 4 or 5 good chances. We should have created more but there were easily enough to see the game off.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If Bellerins not bothered about the ref, then I'm not. He was right there after all. He didn't have one single word of complaint to the opposition player or officials. Simple as that. :lol::lol::lol:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I didn't even bother to watch this but leading away from home and Wenger takes off all of our pace, he has always done this.
I remember him always taking off Walcott (in the only situation where the bloke's actually very useful) and bringing on Rosicky, who I love but still.
The obvious result being the other team can pile forward without worrying too much, bringing enormous pressure and more times than not dropped points.

I remember him being asked about it once and spouting some nonsense about the need to retain possession, for someone seemingly so intelligent he does some remarkably dumb things on a very consistent basis.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Mate Watford weren't even playing football before their player dived, they were stuck in their own half. Their LW was the only one posing any kind of threat. The pen was their first shot on target. Without that decision we would have had the three points easy. That's why people are blaming the ref.

We had 4 or 5 good chances. We should have created more but there were easily enough to see the game off.
Oh come on, it was still only 1-1 at the point we conceded in injury time! We should still have had the gonads to go and score a winner and not feel sorry for ourselves. Champions fight, in fact the fact that they scored in injury time tells you who was fighting the most in that match.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I didn't even bother to watch this but leading away from home and Wenger takes off all of our pace, he has always done this.
I remember him always taking off Walcott (in the only situation where the bloke's actually very useful) and bringing on Rosicky, who I love but still.
The obvious result being the other team can pile forward without worrying too much, bringing enormous pressure and more times than not dropped points.

I remember him being asked about it once and spouting some nonsense about the need to retain possession, for someone seemingly so intelligent he does some remarkably dumb things on a very consistent basis.
He took Walcott off when were 3-4 up at Anfield a couple of years ago, their full backs got forward straight away, something they couldn't afford to do with the threat of Walcott getting in behind their defence. Kuyt scored in the dying minutes...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Oh come on, it was still only 1-1 at the point we conceded in injury time! We should still have had the gonads to go and score a winner and not feel sorry for ourselves. Champions fight, in fact the fact that they scored in injury time tells you who was fighting the most in that match.
We barely got a sniff of their goal in that period and the one we did was the easiest chance of the game and we fluffed it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The media (non) reaction to Deeney's comments is interesting. Can only imagine how they'd react if an Arsenal player went on TV to talk about how opposing teams can't compete with this team footballing wise because they're rubbish technically or something like that.

Fabregas said something of that ilk about Stoke and got vilified for it. Think he called them a rugby team.

The press the proceeded to let us know that they aren't a rugby team, we're just soft. But early in Wenger's reign when we were getting carded left, right and centre, we were cheats.

Even as a journo I say **** the media. The truth is meaning less and less, media invented theories are the in thing now.

**** Troy Deeney btw. He barely looks human.

Reactions: A_G

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Fabregas said something of that ilk about Stoke and got vilified for it. Think he called them a rugby team.

The press the proceeded to let us know that they aren't a rugby team, we're just soft. But early in Wenger's reign when we were getting carded left, right and centre, we were cheats.

Even as a journo I say **** the media. The truth is meaning less and less, media invented theories are the in thing now.

**** Troy Deeney btw. He barely looks human.
Been the in thing for quite some time and has shaped the world we live in.

Crocrodile

M8, with all due respect to our own, there 's only a couple players there that deserve to be called professionals.

That 's Boss, Cech, Giroud, Kola, Merts, Monreal, Sanchez.
Difference between us and top teams is that they have more of those than the other.

say yes

forum master baiter
Slightly bemused at the reaction Deeney is getting. Thought it was great having a pro on tv actually giving their own insight and opinions rather than the standard media-coached gush.

Don’t think he was disrespectful at all - guy’s an Arsenal fan and I agreed with every word he said.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Slightly bemused at the reaction Deeney is getting. Thought it was great having a pro on tv actually giving their own insight and opinions rather than the standard media-coached gush.

Don’t think he was disrespectful at all - guy’s an Arsenal fan and I agreed with every word he said.
Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom