PL: Wembley Hotspur v Arsenal | March 2, 2019 12:30 GMT | BT Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Feb 27, 2019.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2019.
  1. Sp**s win (automatic ban)

7.7%
  2. Draw

23.1%
  3. Arsenal win

69.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Im sure the ball was flying of Kanes head as well which makes it worse.

say yes likes this.
  2. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

The proof is in the pudding my friend, our away record has been ****ing diabolical (OK definitely better this season) for a while now

carlito'sway and celestis like this.
  3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I don’t think those fixtures are anything to fear but the fixture congestion in April could cause a problem. This is An example of a two week stretch next month:
    Sunday: Everton A
    Thursday: QF 1st Leg
    Monday: Watford A
    Thursday: QF 2nd Leg
    Sunday: Crystal Palace H

Big job for Emery to find the balance between resting players for Europe and also picking a team that can win in the PL.

Gooner Zig and Sapient Hawk like this.
  4. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This pete’s whatever the **** his name is the referee is a disgrace trying to reason it all out. How he ends on “Rose’s foot on Leno wasn’t extended like Torreira’s was” is incredible, that’s bullshit, if anything Rose’s was worse because he has no business hitting a goalkeeper in his chest so close to his goal. These ref’s are just guessing, making the game a story instead of deciding on the facts. Look how Taylor was walking away thinking before the gave the red card, he’s making up his mind if it’s fitting in the game to give a red, otherwise he would have given the red straight away when he walked up.

5. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I see there are journos doing their absolute best to "prove" offside doesnt count if theres a foul.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Makingtrax, Sapient Hawk and celestis like this.
  6. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

7. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

As people in the replies pointed out, the paragraph under the one he circled states that the offside offence should be given before the foul if the player is challenging an opponent for the ball or attempting to play the ball which Kane was doing on both counts.

Gooner Zig, Jasard and celestis like this.
  8. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

If the roles were reversed I don't see any journo going to the lengths some of these are to validate the penalty .

salvat, Fewtch, razörist and 9 others like this.
  9. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

This is why I don’t like it when they have former referees on, they defend almost every decision, and make excuses for the indefensible.

10. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

We need to unearth the next England captain. It'll give us ample leeway & no decision concerning him would ever be second guessed by the media :lol:

krackpot and celestis like this.
  11. Bergkamp1988

Bergkamp1988 Well-Known Member

Wtf Just got an add for '' Tottenham Tickets'' on arsenal-mania.com.
    Something is terribly wrong here

12. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

As you said yourself, Burnley will rightly be on the beach (or even relegated) by the time we take them on during the final match day.

Hopefully, we'll have secured Top 4 long before it & render it a mere formality.

13. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

I did one of those remaining games season predictors, I think both Burnley and Brighton will be right in the sh*t.

Relegation race is so tight right now it could well come down to the final game.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  14. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

15. Axel_Gunner

Axel_Gunner Well-Known Member

Fake news,
    Pochettino himself said that spu*s were better than us in all aspects!!1!1!!!11

16. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

As soon as people started pointing out the paragraph below the one he circled actually said it should be offside he disappeared from the comments. Journalists are the scum of the earth.

17. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Apart from rumours during transfer windows, I don't see what posting tweets adds to the forum.

18. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

This is boll*cks.

Offside rule says that a player is offside if they become involved in ACTIVE PLAY.

The definition of active play is:
    Touching the ball . . . OK he hadn’t touched it yet
    Challenging an opponent for the ball . . . he clearly went into the challenge with Kos before Mustafi hits him, because he’s in the air at the time.
    Making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball . . Kane’s leaping at the ball and clearly blocking Mustafi’s path, otherwise he wouldn’t have clattered into him.
    OFFSIDE before the foul.

[​IMG]

Jasard and American_Gooner like this.
  19. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

One more thing looking at the picture. How bad is Mustafi’s challenge. His body is completely in the wrong position, hasn’t even jumped and is neither looking at the ball or the man. He’s a liability.
    [​IMG]

20. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Pray for ESR

Sapient Hawk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.