• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wembley Hotspur v Arsenal | March 2, 2019 12:30 GMT | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwood

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous for this one, because of the pace and sharpness showcased yesterday, even if Chelsea was the better side (they didn't cover Arsenal in my country, the bastards). Also, its Saturday 12.30. What's Dean upto this weekend?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yeah, but being adventurous could've cost us the points we've won. Nothing wrong with a controlled approach.
Of course it's not wrong. But that's football isn't it? Risking a point for gaining 3 isn't that bad imo.

Harz

Of course it's not wrong. But that's football isn't it? Risking a point for gaining 3 isn't that bad imo.

With a more defensively sound team, perhaps not. With the current group of players, it would be cynical.

We have no center backs that can perform well in a high defensive line, and our full backs are defensively average at best.

The priority in the summer should be finding center backs who can play high up the pitch.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I almost forgot the other part of my strategy.

Sp**s players are **** and thugs. Anytime any of them even think about making a tackle I want our boys to drop to the floor screaming in agony and at least 5 or 6 of them surrounding the ref asking for a card.

I know its "frowned upon" (only when we do it), but every other top club does it. Besides Sanchez and Arteta, we don't ask for cards enough. Given the number of bad tackles we're on the receiving end of, its something we should do far more.

As far as we're concerned, jumping into tackles would contribute to the hard and fast atmosphere I want us to avoid so that is a no. Plus Sp**s are at home and I don't want us to give the referee any excuses to give out bullshit yellow cards. I also don't trust our guys to do that kind of thing properly. You send out the likes of Xhaka, Mustafi and the rest to "rough up the opposition" they're more likely to get themselves sent off. Put in a few smart fouls instead when the ref isn't looking. Little shoves, stand on their toes and a few elbows never heard anyone.

Play dirty and frustrate them but be smart about it. If we play our cards right and keep things tight at the back, Sp**s could capitulate without us doing much of anything. They've got a history of it too.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully the lads are quiet in the build up to this and do the talking on the pitch.

say yes

forum master baiter
They've taken 8 freaking L's this season and are still 4 points in the lead. Perfect example of how damaging draws can be

What kind of nonsense is this? :lol:

Liverpool have only won 1 more game than Sp**s this season and are 9 points ahead of them. They’ve won fewer games than City but are also ahead of them. Perfect example of how important draws can be.

Liverpool have only won 1 more game than Sp**s this season and are 9 points ahead of them. They’ve won fewer games than City but are also ahead of them. Perfect example of how important draws can be.

I hate getting 1 point instead of 0 points.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

http://www.theirishworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Sp**s-v-Arsenal-emblems.jpg

Not forfeiting this match by letting AM’s Sauron make the thread.

After an amazing performance against Bournemouth, basically this is the biggest game of the season, until we of course play Utd the next weekend. With Sp**s currently losing we could be one point behind them if we win here.

Squad is potentially very threadbare at the back if Kos’s injury is serious, after tonight I think Carlo deserves to start over Lichtsteiner.

Leno
Jenks—Mustafi—Sokratis—Nacho—Kola
Torreira—Xhaka
Iwobi—Lacazette—PEA

Is the side I’m expecting to see although it's not my choice. How you bench Özil and Mkhi after tonight is beyond me but I’m sure they will be.

We’ve had an absolutely rotten record away to them in recent years, apart from that League Cup game where Flamini turned into prime Lampard we haven’t won there since 2014. Need a result here more than ever, could be a defining moment for Emery’s reign already. COYG.

Throwback game:

Our last league victory at their place, with this absolute banger from Rozza.

Excellent match thread Rex, though I do petition to have the Wembley Sp*rs to be addressed appropriately as "Bottleham" more fitting I feel :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

We've had 5 draws this season. If you convert even 2 of those into wins and the rest to defeats we'd still end up gaining a point. That's what I'm getting at. I wish we didn't let up against the likes of United, Palace and Brighton when they were clearly winnable games. There are good draws and bad draws. Wolves at home was a good one because we were played off the park that night.

I hate getting 1 point instead of 0 points.

Yes cause that's exactly what I'm getting at :rolleyes:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Excellent match thread Rex, though I do petition to have the Wembley Sp*rs to be addressed appropriately as "Bottleham" more fitting I feel :lol:

I like Wembley simply because it’s not even in the same borough as Tottenham.

Post code isn’t even N anymore :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I like Wembley simply because it’s not even in the same borough as Tottenham.

Post code isn’t even N anymore :lol:

Yet the shameless bastards keep wanting us to "Go back to Woolwich" where we supposedly belong. Hypocrites the lot of them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom