• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham v Arsenal | December 9, 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Guess the result of the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boyinneedofhumor

Takeaways from today:

At 0-0:
If we play conservatively like a punching bag, we're gonna get punched. There were attacking opportunities we could have probed more intently before West Ham scored.

At 1-0 (edited):
West Ham were still going for the 2nd goal ; the mentality was what we should have had at 0-0.
The game would have taken on a possibly non salvage-able atmosphere if they've scored a 2nd.

At 1-1:
Were we confident that we'll equalize tonight until Martinelli slotted in the goal? That goal cannot be understated.

At 1-2:
Happy for Pepe's goal; really wanted him to gain confidence. But he needs to find a better balance between his dribbling and off the ball positioning. On another day this might go horribly wrong.
Was almost going to advocate taking him off before his goal.
Also, did anyone see Martinelli's joy at Pepe's goal for/with him?

At 1-3:
Delighted with Pepe's assist, Auba's goal.
Martinelli, Pepe, Aubameyang all on the scoresheet.
Hopefully they'll develop a bond that one can contribute/compensate for another, not just compete with.

After all that, the players just need to know and believe... that the fans genuinely want and are delighted for them to succeed...

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's really not easy fixture we got but Bournemouth and Everton away suddenly look winnable both look mess specially Bournemouth

Ewarwoowar

Bollocks. i am delighted, delighted. It was just a general musing and something that was pissing me off even when we were in control. Can't do some of the things we did and get away with very often.
I was just jesting because I noted a long running saga involving you and the myth about you being predominantly downbeat, I apologise!

Reactions: A_G

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
This is just papering over the cracks against a very poor West Ham side. This squad needs a complete overhaul

Yeah I don't think anyone is getting carried away, they lost 4-0 to a League One side. No idea how they beat Chelsea the other week.

Good to see our front three finally clicking though, they need a consistent run of games together. I don't want to see this lineup chopped and changed except for Douzi in for Xhaka.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Thought Torreira was excellent building play from deep. Really shows you how poor Xhaka is when Guendouzi comes on. We just need that third midfielder to be a powerhouse instead of Özil.
Torreira was great apart from that brainfart.

Imagine him playing next to a Partey.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the best I've felt after a victory since the NLD last year, it feels a bit more special because it's Freddie's first W. Also felt we had a bit of our identity back with the way we dealt with the second half. Showed our class but also kept the ball well and made West Ham chase instead of sitting back and inviting pressure. That's the Arsenal way. Seriously delighted tho.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Unfortunately I still like Niles as RB more then Hector.

Chambers deserved this chance some time ago, must stay in the starting 11. Best ball playing CB we have, if not best CB.

I liked we played lots of 442, good old days

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think this result shows that a genuine bond between players and coach really matters

and wasn't it nice hearing Freddie speaking so fluently in his post match interview

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Unfortunately I still like Niles as RB more then Hector.

Chambers deserved this chance some time ago, must stay in the starting 11. Best ball playing CB we have, if not best CB.

I liked we played lots of 442, good old days
One of the things I noticed is that AMN cut inside when dribbling a lot - he wasn't forced to stay out wide against the byline. I'm wondering if this is at Freddie's direct orders or if Freddie has given him more freedom. I like this from AMN because it allows him to tap into his midfielder abilities and can create a lot of mismatches. He needs to carry on his runs though. There was a moment towards the end of the second half when he just stopped running with the ball and lost it.

HBL

Established Member
It was only a 10-12 minute cameo in an easy situation but I was very encouraged by Guendouzi during it. Back to moving the ball quickly and constantly looking forward when he got it. I don't think it was ever his intention to play in the way he did in the first few months of the season, maybe he got sucked in by the negativity of the team and how bad the movement was off the ball. Hope he starts on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom