• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham vs Arsenal | January 12th | KO: 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction for the Dokaka Derby

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
To be fair, I don't htink Fulham should count. Everyone looks good against them.

Getting clear we performed vs Sp**s on pure adrenaline as well.
You might be right, the United game would've been a good performance and win without an individual error from Seo + a missed sitter from Auba. I just can't look at his performances in the last 3 away games he's played since Newcastle and think that he would've made a significant difference today.
They've already turned. Go read fan comments on any social platform you wish.
I feel confident in saying that if the team was winning games, the Özil situation wouldn't be used as a stick to beat Emery with.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Nah, it's only because the results have fallen off that this has become a problem. Nobody mentioned Özil after the Fulham or Sp**s wins, two of the best performances of the PL season.

Actually many mentioned Özil after, apparently that we're better off without him, lol.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You might be right, the United game would've been a good performance and win without an individual error from Seo + a missed sitter from Auba. I just can't look at his performances in the last 3 away games he's played since Newcastle and think that he would've made a significant difference today.

I feel confident in saying that if the team was winning games, the Özil situation wouldn't be used as a stick to beat Emery with.

Aah, but you see, the team isn't winning and yet he persists in not playing our best technical player. There's being stubborn and there's being a fool, and Emery is being both.

And without a run of games with Özil starting (which under Emery seems impossible unless your name ends with douzi) I don't expect him to build up form this season.

blaze_of_glory

Well in a 1-0 game I think a player who can create a chance out of nothing would have a good chance of making an impact.

And if we were winning games without Özil of course people wouldn't be as upset, because it would demonstrate we don't need him. At the moment, the opposite appears true.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arsenal’s spokeperson confirmed to the media before the game that he was left out for tactical reasons, Emery did too after the game.. Özil did not contradict any club statement
I didn't say he did. Özil needs to be more aware of what he posts. He knows what he's doing and it wont help him if he wants to stay living the high life in Highgate. He'll lose.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I really do commend Emery for insisting on speaking in English at all times, but it’s quotes like this that make you think he should just stick to Spanish with a translator. They are empty words, he’s not saying anything here. He’s almost hiding behind his limited English. For fans that’s very annoying. You want the manager to communicate to you, this is not communication, it’s obfuscation.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We were losing games with Özil too. He makes no difference.
Not only that, he was crap in all those games as well, as he's been all season bar Leicester. I'd have played him for what it's worth, but I can also understand why he chose not to.

To have not even been in the squad is far more revealing than it would have been had he been a sub. There's a real problem there.

Ashybashy86

We were losing games with Özil too. He makes no difference.
Well that's just not fair. We suffered heavy defeats with Alexis as our talisman in the team. The defending has always been the problem. If Özil had played and we couldn't create chances against that WH team, then I'd agree he makes no difference.

I really want to blame Willock and Nketiah for this loss but didnt watch this game so I cant.

Does Dozy have some clause that Emery has to start him?

Polar Bear

very disappointing. we looked so toothless, and many bizarre decisions from our manager. not happy!. top 4 is gonna be a HUGE task, we will have to play out of the world in the next few months if we want it. I can't ****ing stand another year of that awful Europa League

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Actually many mentioned Özil after, apparently that we're better off without him, lol.
We won't know until he goes if he goes and is replaced. However last season he didn't make much of a difference in terms of overall league performance.

And I'd rather look at the factual past than alternative universe present.

ptrcopp

1) 3 clear cut chances in 30 minutes of football is not a problem at all. Any other of the top 3 would’ve punished West Ham with similar opportunities because their forwards play with more awareness of space and time

2) Again, the pattern of the game shifts when you score first. It’s much more difficult to create chances against a team once they have a lead to protect at home vs when they’re chasing a goal

The chances we had definitely were not clear cut. The difference is the rest of the top 6 would have created more chances and more quality chances.

I agree with your second point. The problem was it was only decided we should attack 15 minutes after they scored. It’s only from then our chances really come. That’s what’s embarrassing.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Aah, but you see, the team isn't winning and yet he persists in not playing our best technical player. There's being stubborn and there's being a fool, and Emery is being both.

And without a run of games with Özil starting (which under Emery seems impossible unless your name ends with douzi) I don't expect him to build up form this season.
He's started 12 of the 14 games in which he's been available, not counting the other 7 where he's had "back trouble". He just hasn't done enough in those games, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than 3 goals and 1 assist in that time.

Leeroy1979

I'm hoping it's all just bollax and he didn't include him in the squad as he didn't think he was match ready after his injury despite training all week. Time will tell....let's wait and see the next match day squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom