PL: West Ham vs Arsenal | January 12th | KO: 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Jan 5, 2019.

?

Match Prediction for the Dokaka Derby

Poll closed Jan 12, 2019.
  1. West Ham Win

19.1%
  2. Draw

12.8%
  3. Arsenal Win

68.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Could say Guendouzi cost us a goal going forward in those final moments though

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Matteo didn't have good game holding the ball too much over hitting passes.

3. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

Let’s just stop arguing about Özil. There’s no way Özil is not good enough not tk be on the bench on this Arsenal team.

It is clear that we have clash of personalities in the club and only one of them will survive. Özil is a lazy creative player and Emery is a demanding coach.

Mourinho did not get along with Özil and he even made a comment about him in one particular job. From work ethics point of view, both Mou and Unia have many similarities.

4. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Especially when you consider how many chances we've gotten from Chelsea. Every time we get a chance to close the gap or pass them we fvck up.

ptrcopp likes this.
  5. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Not attending games and not buying shirts will give us a voice. Blackpool and Inter fans have upped their games massively to make their voices heard. We never try. Something is off though as I've never had so many offers of tickets.

6. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Maybe his knee keeps playing up.

He’s arguably our best player, a senior member of the team and the most highly paid. If he was fit but not picked to start, he’d at least be on the bench.

7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Emery said it was for tactical reasons, not because of any injury. He could’ve avoided the media furore by just saying he wasn’t match fit or something.

8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Why would Sky say his knee was a problem if Emery said that. None of it makes sense.

9. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

so, if we want to start a campaign against emery, should it be UnaiOut or EmeryOut?

10. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

I hope you are not serious.

Lets give him another full season before judging him.

He has had just one transfer window and you want him out already?

The clubs who we are competing against have won the EPL and/or spent hugely in the last five seasons, minus of course Sp**s who have had great stability with really a fantastic coach.

11. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, if he cant live with mesut Özil, then he has to go.... We can't sit our best player on the bench week in week out and buying denis ****ing suarez to replace him.

12. Messigican

Messigican Member

Nothing wrong with Denis...

13. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Worst than the liverpool defeat, pellegrini tactically had emery. I think a few of those west ham players walk into our team, thats the first time i have ever said that.

With no ramsey/Özil/mhky we have utter garbage to replace them. Pinning our hopes on iwobi who has "freedom to make mistakes". I dont know what was worst yesterday, was it nasri making a mockery of our defence or noble and rice bossing our midfield. Amn and iwobi were so poor, the midfield were shocking and matteo was by himself as xhaka didnt turn up.

This season was always going to be hard to take, so many changes are happening and i think will still happen.

14. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Özil isn't our best player. He hasn't been our best player since just before his contract was signed. I have always been suspicious of Özil's attitude (and no its not an opinion influenced by stupid old fashioned pundits, its my own). Clearly, something is going on behind the scenes that we dont know about. We are wayyy too early in the season to judge and its not right having such a negative attitude towards the side. You could be right and Emery ends up getting sacked at some stage in the future, or you could be totally wrong. We haven't seen anywhere near enough to cast an opinion

freeglennhelder2 likes this.
  15. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I really hope we move away from this back 3.

It also seems like Emery has lost some of his bottle in regards to playing from the back.

ptrcopp likes this.
  16. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

It’s not just that some of their players would start, it’s that there are also a few that would make us significantly better.

Imagine if we had Felipe Anderson...

Mrs Bergkamp and OSBK like this.
  17. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

What I find strange is that we can put together a decent move from the defence, and do it fairly early in a game, and then it stops...

Against Liverpool, they were pressing us heavily and we were struggling in the first 10 min to play our. Then Leno dinks a ball from the edge of his area to Iwobi just before the half way and we get an attack.

It’s very odd how our system is suppose to be working atm

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I was talking about the Sp**s CC game. But even yesterday:

19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

3 at the back doesn’t work

Not playing Özil doesn’t work

Xhaka doesn’t work

We need major changes