PL: West Ham vs Arsenal | January 12th | KO: 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Jan 5, 2019.

?

Match Prediction for the Dokaka Derby

Poll closed Jan 12, 2019.
  1. West Ham Win

19.1%
  2. Draw

12.8%
  3. Arsenal Win

68.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbig

dbig Well-Known Member

I looked at their line-up and thought, "Bloody hell! That's not a half-bad team there."

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Big fan of Declan Rice, be disappointing when he ends up going to City to sit on their bench.

3. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

How does Xhaka not work? Wtf?

He's easily our best midfielder, and without him our transitional play is ****. Torreria is a slight upgrade on Coquelin in that regard, and nothing more. Don't get me started on the rest.

4. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

I agree Torreira seems to have become massively overrated. We're still leaking goals with him in midfield.

He started ok, but he's been woeful for a good few weeks now. Had an absolute shocker at Anfield.

5. Sanis

Sanis Well-Known Member

Excluding Özil from the squad and having 3 fullbacks on the bench was simply stupid.

ptrcopp and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  6. dbig

dbig Well-Known Member

Saw the bet365 ad at half-time and thought of placing a bet on him scoring next. Think he just placed a header wide and thought he was getting into good positions. Looking after a very active toddler made it impossible, though.

American_Gooner and Rex Banter like this.
  7. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Could happen, but don't underestimate his love for the club. After the game yesterday he went to celebrate with fans at his local pub:

8. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Yeah it’d be good for the league if he stayed. Although I thought Delph would stay at Villa tbf.

9. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Relying heavily on No End Product Iwobi and Cut-back Kolasinac to create chances also doesn't work.

DanDare and ptrcopp like this.
  10. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

You’re right it’s not even clear, not going forward anyway.

Right now yes. Think I subconsciously swayed towards the crowd, I’m definitely giving him a year. Both Klopp and Pep needed a year even with their millions spent.

11. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I looked at the starting line up and thought it was off. I don't know why we persist with three at the back but it seems we cannot play a back 4 without Nacho abd Hector. Auba and Laca are making mistakes in judgement and execution up front. Laca looks desperate having been hooked so much. There's a lot of criticism flying at GuendouzI but I praise his effort. He got in to some good positions and found some good if over hit passes and I couldn't help but wonder what Özil might have done in those positions...As some have said, there's a few in the West Ham team who would improve us so I hope our attitude to squad strengthening is changed if only in the summer.

Mo Britain likes this.
  12. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

I don’t rate him. Not dynamic enough for me. Prone to mistakes, too slow on the ball and off it. He’s old enough and been here for long enough to be rated. 22 year old new to the league Torreira has not imo

I don’t watch enough football to tell you who’d replace him but there are better probably cheaper midfielders out there

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  13. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Xhaka is bin juice. Needs replacing.

DanDare likes this.
  14. Leeroy1979

Leeroy1979 Well-Known Member

The thing that always sticks in my throats is that we paid more for xhaka than Chelsea did for Kante

15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only on A-M can £25m be more than £29.2m

16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Plus people conveniently ignore Kante wanted to join Chelsea.

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. Leeroy1979

Leeroy1979 Well-Known Member

Apologies I was wrong. I am big enough to admit it

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Kante not being at Arsenal is 100% down to Grimandi. Wenger took the fall for him.

<<reed>> likes this.
  19. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Shambolic scout, was Grimandi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.