• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Arsenal | Saturday 4th July | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers win

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It will defo be 343 to counter Wolves. I'd go with (and think Arteta will as well):

-------------------Emi------------------
----Mustafi------Luiz--------KT-----
Cedric----Ceballos---Xhaka----Saka
----Pepe--------Eddie------Auba---

I can't see us creating a lot of chances, so we HAVE to take the ones we do.

Goonger

First thing his be drilling in to the players is focus. No silly errors, no gifting them goals *Luiz!!

Keep it tight and see what we can do on the break. We don't have to be chasing this game and allow them opportunities to break on us. Will be a tough game but no need to play into their hands.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Wolves have won three in a row, but they've played West Ham, Bournemouth, and Villa and none of the wins have been convincing. They beat West Ham 2-0 and won the other two 1-0. They've had a really favorable schedule.

I would say those kind of teams were usually their kryptonite. It is easy to see why, the bigger teams will have a real go at them, playing right into Wolves' best weapon of lethal counter attacks. Smaller teams just sit back, nullifying their most effective weapon. I wasn't actually expecting them to pick up 9 points from those games.

Manberg

Predator
I’m irked by the fact that Wolves haven’t played since last Saturday while we only get a little more than two days rest. That’s huge. We’re not seeing the benefit that being out of Europe usually gives.

GoonerJay24

Guendouzi gives the ball away every 2 minutes. That's the absolute last thing we need against a team that plays on the counter as well as Wolves. I'd be tempted to put AMN in place of Guendouzi. It's critical to have players in midfield with recovery pace when you know you'll be countered at every opportunity.

Like I mentioned the team has to be competitive at Mollyneux to stand a chance, Ceballos has a tendency to go missing in games away from the Emirates and against this type of opposition Guendouzi tends to fair better. AMN hasn't had enough game time in midfield to be considered.

Maybe play Guendouzi and Xhaka with Ceballos behind Aubamayang to provide creativity in the final third, but I'm sure Arteta will select the right team.

Gursha

It will defo be 343 to counter Wolves. I'd go with (and think Arteta will as well):

-------------------Emi------------------
----Mustafi------Luiz--------KT-----
Cedric----Ceballos---Xhaka----Saka
----Pepe--------Eddie------Auba---

I can't see us creating a lot of chances, so we HAVE to take the ones we do.

So thats why you excluded Lacazette i believe....

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would start 3 midfield of Torreira Xhaka Saka as 3 man midfield the problem that Arteta doesn't not trust our defense at all so he'll go with 3-4-3

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

The **** is his problem?

Why do we always end up getting bantered off for no reason these last 10 years or so...even when we have nothing to do with what's happening, it somehow comes back to Arsenal :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
To be fair to Willy Bolly, they are better than us right now and should be confident this weekend.

For context however, this is the greatest Wolves have ever been in their history, and they are three points ahead of the worst Arsenal in history.

Respect Wolves right now, but never forget the levels we are dealing with.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The **** is his problem?

Why do we always end up getting bantered off for no reason these last 10 years or so...even when we have nothing to do with what's happening, it somehow comes back to Arsenal :lol:

It is getting ridiculous now. If it wasn't bad enough getting disrespected by the likes of Deeney, now we're getting trolled by the likes of Boly and Neil ****ing Maupay.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My preferred lineup aswell.
Not worried about Traore tbh as Tierney always seems up for it and gives 110% each time out.

Biggest issue is the potential for Arsenal’s CBs to gift chances to the opposition, but at the same time hopefully the run of opposing keepers gifting Arsenal’s strikers actual goals in the league keeps up too.

Yeah, the biggest question is Luiz on Jimenez. Luiz totally has the capacity to win that battle, but can also have a brain fart and blow the game.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would say those kind of teams were usually their kryptonite. It is easy to see why, the bigger teams will have a real go at them, playing right into Wolves' best weapon of lethal counter attacks. Smaller teams just sit back, nullifying their most effective weapon. I wasn't actually expecting them to pick up 9 points from those games.

Both teams have won their last three matches, but Wolves have played some of the worst teams in the league. They're definitely playing well, but over each teams last three games I wouldn't say they are playing better than us because they were able to grind out victories against teams fighting relegation.

I'm definitely not expecting an easy match, but I think we can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom