• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Arsenal | Saturday 4th July | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers win

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I can't see us winning especially without some legs in midfield. I guess we'll see if Mendez or Kia has the better clients :lol:.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Both teams have won their last three matches, but Wolves have played some of the worst teams in the league. They're definitely playing well, but over each teams last three games I wouldn't say they are playing better than us because they were able to grind out victories against teams fighting relegation.

I'm definitely not expecting an easy match, but I think we can win.

I wasn't commenting on if they have played better than us. I was merely highlighting that since they reached the Premier League they have struggled massively against lower ranked teams. They usually accrue far more points against the Big 6 than the bottom 6. About 2 years ago they lost twice to one of the worst Premiership side ever in Huddersfield, who only won 3 games all season. Yet they still gave all the big teams a serious game.

I guess I'm saying when it comes to Wolves it is best to ignore how they play against the small teams as that seems to have no relation to how they will fare against us or any other Big 6 team.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Kia-Mendez Derby

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...this goal put us within 3 points of first, with only about 5 games to go in 2010 I think...considering the state of our defence, we did well to be so close to Chelsea and United that season.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll beat Wolves.

I went back and re-watched most of the first half of our *ss f*cking at the hand of Wolves late last season, and my impression?

Wolves were certainly dangerous on the break but not as scary as I remembered. Infact two of their goals came from set pieces (ok we're pretty sh*t at them to be fair), one of which was a fantastic not the run of the mill freekick. The third goal was one that I think on a good day Leno easily saves.

They were dangerous on the break granted, but I think we were also easily run through during those days, much more easily than we've been under Arteta, plus when we did go forward I counted more than 3 dangerous opportunities in which better decisions could've yielded palpable results.

If we take the initiative and score first then sit back we could do them.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really have to win this if we have any hope of playing in Europe. A draw won’t really help.

GoonerJay24

The **** is his problem?

Why do we always end up getting bantered off for no reason these last 10 years or so...even when we have nothing to do with what's happening, it somehow comes back to Arsenal :lol:

Because people always fear what is different

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

:facepalm:

Who the **** does he think he is?

I understand if it’s coming from VVD but this is Willy ******* Boly. Hopefully Aubameyang turns up and destroys him on Saturday.

Put some respect on our name.

I really believe we will get trashed with this defense. The main reason we didn't win most of our match against decent teams this season is because of the defensive errors that made it impossible to compete.

Mustafi - Luiz - Kola is really like asking for errors that we can't afford against a team as organized as the Wolves.

I would go with the same team as you but with a different back 3:
Mustafi - Holding - Sokratis.

We'll need Holding for his size. He is decent in the air. I hope Arteta will come to the same conclusion after watching Jimenez videos.

Under no circumstances David Luiz should play. It's a big match and he's already ruined not one, not two but 3 (Liv, Chelsea, City).
Mustafi had like 3 errors in the Norwich game. Luiz looked more assured. Imo the former seems up for a major ****-up. Must be binned or else we'll be:eek::mad::facepalm::frustrated: after the game.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Mustafi had like 3 errors in the Norwich game. Luiz looked more assured. Imo the former seems up for a major ****-up. Must be binned or else we'll be:eek::mad::facepalm::frustrated: after the game.
Man was about to pass a ball at one point and just fell over while doing it. He'll fvck up again one day. Hopefully we're up by three goal whenever it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom