• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Arsenal | Saturday 4th July | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers win

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I hate to be the optimist... but I think we can actually finish in the top 5.

Leicester despite todays result are poor atm. Sods law they turn it on against us. But they've got to play us and Sp**s away plus United at home.

United could easily lose that last game as well. Of course we gotta focus on ourselves. But I think 4 wins and a draw gets us top 5. Definitely top 6.

Worth noting that if teams finish on the same points this season relegation spots and european spots are sorted by head to head records.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Now that was what I call an Arsenal performance! The boys looked like they were fighting for everything and we had passion and grit! You could see it in everyone - they believed and fought for one another! I am pumped for the next game and I am confident!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hate to be the optimist... but I think we can actually finish in the top 5.

Leicester despite todays result are poor atm. Sods law they turn it on against us. But they've got to play us and Sp**s away plus United at home.

United could easily lose that last game as well. Of course we gotta focus on ourselves. But I think 4 wins and a draw gets us top 5. Definitely top 6.

Worth noting that if teams finish on the same points this season relegation spots and european spots are sorted by head to head records.

It's the club's negligence in waiting to sack Emery that has cost us a Champions league spot. We would have comfortably been in the top four if we gave Arteta the two week winter break to begin the change.

Ita hindsight though. It's pretty clear Arteta sets high standards and wants everyone to buy in. If you mess up, you are held accountable and you turn it around. He wants strong characters.

Özil and Guendouzi have taken the wrong path.
Pepe, Ceballos and AMN have taken the right one. I can't even remember the last time Arsenal had this kind of competitive performance away from home that wasn't a derby. We matched their physicality and when you consider the young players he is using. Nketiah, Tierney, AMN, Willock and Saka. The board would be insane not to back him.

teamsoutheast

We have looked solid over the last few games. 3 at the back seems to be working nicely. I like the tactic of using Kolasinac as an auxilary LCM. He was my MOTM because they focused play heavily on that side and he handled that very well. The whole back line did really well to be fair. Ainsley coming on added that extra pace and energy to match Traore and would you believe it..... Lacazette scores an away goal!!! Good Times!!!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Anybody else find teams like Wolves and Sheffield United depressing? Long ball merchants packing the defence and looking to counter against literally every team they play. I imagine the games between the two were horrendous.

They’re no different to Burnley for me, only they play a different formation and in Wolves case have better players.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Anybody else find teams like Wolves and Sheffield United depressing? Long ball merchants packing the defence and looking to counter against literally every team they play. I imagine the games between the two were horrendous.

They’re no different to Burnley for me, only they play a different formation and in Wolves case have better players.
Yeah but to be fair to them they’re a newly promoted team doing what it takes to stay up. They were poor yesterday in part to us being disciplined. How often have we seen us struggle against those sort of teams in the past?

Good practice for when we play Liverpool

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but to be fair to them they’re a newly promoted team doing what it takes to stay up. They were poor yesterday in part to us being disciplined. How often have we seen us struggle against those sort of teams in the past?

Good practice for when we play Liverpool
Wolves have dodgy links though, rich investment. I don’t buy their fairytale story.

Give Norwich Mendes’ best young talent and a bag of cash and they’d be staying up too.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Wolves have dodgy links though, rich investment. I don’t buy their fairytale story.

Give Norwich Mendes’ best young talent and a bag of cash and they’d be starting up too.
And we dont? ;)
Other teams have come up in similar circumstances and failed miserably. Look at QPR (kia was involved there too btw).

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And we dont? ;)
Other teams have come up in similar circumstances and failed miserably. Look at QPR (kia was involved there too btw).
Commentators act like they’re some plucky underdogs doing it the ‘right’ way though. Pisses me right off.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Commentators act like they’re some plucky underdogs doing it the ‘right’ way though. Pisses me right off.
Classic. I feel like they take that stance with pretty much every team we play. Our win against Sheffield utd was ridiculous, they were in tears throughout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom