PL: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Arsenal | Saturday 4th July | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Oxeki, Jul 1, 2020.

?

Match prediction

1. Arsenal win

31 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. Draw

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Wolverhampton Wanderers win

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

I think Wolves deserve credit for being able to manage the investment properly - but yeah, I think the fact that they were suddenly able to poach Ruben Neves from Porto while playing in the Championship seems to be glossed over when it comes to their lore.

2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Having had some more time to reflect and rewatch the game, we still aren’t connecting particularly well from back to front. Our only real threat occurred when Wolves started chasing a goal and rushing their play.

We were more aggressive without the all and more composed with it, but struggled for large spells to get the front 3 into the game.

Just food for thought but keen to see how Arteta addresses that.

Mohamed7 and Tourbillion like this.
  3. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Very true, but that is exactly what Wolves wanted(prior to us scoring), and I absolutely loved the fact that we didn't commit in the first half and fall into their trap.

4. kash2

kash2 Well-Known Member

i loved how we cut them open in the last few minutes ...as they chased a goal...we just smashed them wide open. Better finishing and a more fluent / settled team we would have racked up a 4/5 -0 scoreline.

5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Love Wolves' fans having a go at us for sitting back and counter attacking, when we were 1-0 up...when they were sitting back and counter attacking, when it was ****ing 0-0...gimps :lol:

6. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

Wolves having a go at ANYONE about counter attacking football is rich. They would be nowhere near as dangerous or at the top of the table if you took away that part of their game. Mid-Table at best.

Riou likes this.
  7. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Wolves tactics in a nutshell;

-Pass to Traore
    -Traore dribbles
    -Maybe picks out Jimenez
    -Jimenez maybe scores

8. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Favourite example of this was when Jimenez got the ball, he was about halfway in his own half...he didn't even turn and look, he just hit the ball in a general direction of where he thought Adama was...Adama was actually on the opposite flank, as the pass went straight to one of our defenders.

It's a good weapon to have, getting the ball to Adama, they definitely should use it...but they shouldn't become dependent on it, will make them worse as an allround team...they have Neves and Moutinho in their midfield and we had like 70% possession in the first half, I wouldn't be happy with that.

9. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Yeah valid point

10. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Not here in Bangladesh, Angel Gomez. It was 10.30 here.

Anyway, I had to go to bed early for an early morning class but somehow managed to wake up after it finished. :lol:

Mo Britain likes this.
  11. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Damn, we won! Laca and Saka!

12. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Just move to England then if you’re going to complain.

Trofton likes this.
  13. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

I so wish. But someday I just might. Have a caravan at the ready!

OnlyOne likes this.
  14. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Why’s his name Hunta.

Scum city in here.

Sickened.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

teams are more than happy to sit down and let us attack them because they know we'll create little because we got no midfielders can create we barely register 10 shots a game. That's why I really want us to get 2 midfielders one that can help us dominate and balance the midfield like Partey and one that can carry ball forward and can create chances

Big Poppa, Gooner Zig and L3T5 PL4Y like this.
  16. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Who's?

17. Trofton

Trofton Active Member

When teams play arsenal they’re not thinking they’ve got no midfield. They’re thinking we got no defence!!
    Yesterday’s performance was a good solid disciplined one finally showing some back bone

18. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah. We need to CMs coming in for sure. Partey as facilitator with a creative central midfield player. I really hope with Douzi we can get a creative player in exchange.

19. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Got an alert for @OnlyOne reply and your tag says Hunta.

Might have to offer my resignation if this continues, got a £50 a week offer from RAWK in my office.

OnlyOne likes this.
  20. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

What? I am gunning for your caravan but how could that be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.