• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player cliques within the squad

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was thinking about posting this in the squad analysis thread and if a thread like this already exists please move there.

Was listening to the Football Daily podcast today and it was mentioned that there are several groups in the squad hardly talking to each other. Does anyone know which those groups are or have any more information on this? Doesn’t sound good if players aren’t talking and/or not getting along.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Kolasinac, Özil and Mustafi are close it seems. Chambers and Holding too and you would assume the young British boys stick together. Lacazette and Auba obviously.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What a load of rubbish, there is 'cliques' in all walks of life and all groups and it doesnt mean a thing, you got a squad of 25 people all aged different and from different parts of the world, some will naturally gravitate to others, they will ALL talk in general but some wont be best buds etc which is absolutely fine.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't really get what we're discussing here. I wouldn't say Auba-Laca-Guendouzi and Mesut-Kola-Mustafi are at war with each other or anything like that.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So I guess no one has read or heard anything further on this. Might just have been a random comment from the journalist not based on much. I search the internets then in hope of finding something more.

PS. To out of hand dismiss squad disunity isn’t correct. Of course winning would paper over anything like this, but if it is a cause for some of our issue, which it definitely can be (it sure will not help), than I think it is more interesting than reading about poster A or B’s view of player A or B. Which to be frank is 95% of what we do here...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom