• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - Arsenal vs Fulham

jaguars4ever

Mannone: 5 - Should have done better on the second goal.

Sagna: 6 - Good tackling and workrate.

Mertesacker: 5 - Average performance.

Koscielny: 6 - Great latch ditch slide tackling.

Vermaelen: 5 - Average performance.

Arteta: 3 - Shocking game.

Cazorla: 5 - Passing not so crisp. Lacking in creativity.

Coquelin: 5 - Decent pressing and workrate. Not much creativity.

Walcott: 6 - Dangerous whenever he was played though.

Podolski: 6 - Good runs and great finish.

Giroud: 8 (MotM) - A magician in the air offensively and defensively. If he had taken our penalty, it would have been buried since he was in the zone.

--

Ramsey: 5 - Too cowardly in his approach. Not penetrative enough.

Ox: 5 - Made a few decent runs, but no end product.

Arshavin: 6 - earned us the penalty that should have won us the game.

dreamLord

Established Member
No point rating individually, defense and midfield were terrible, especially the latter. Ruiz made us look like a relegation team.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mannone: 4 - Should have come for the ball on their first.

Sagna: 3 - Change your boots ffs.
Per: 4 - Sluggish performance, got raped by Berbatov.
Kos: 4 - Same as Per.
Verm: 3 - Average.

Areta: 2 - Shocking, just shocking.
Coquelin: 5 - Our best player first half.
Cazorla: 4 - Went missing for large parts of the game.

Walcott: 5 - Great assists.
Giroud: 7 - Fantastic.
Podolski 4 - STOP ****ING MOANING WHEN YOU DON'T GET THE BALL AND RUN AFTER IT!!!

Dwangoon

Mannone: 5.0

Sagna: 5.5
Mertesacker: 5.0
Koscielny: 6.0
Vermaelen: 5.0

Arteta: 4.0
Cazorla: 4.5
Coquelin: 5.0

Walcott: 7.0
Podolski: 4.5
Giroud: 8.0

--

Ramsey: 4.0
Ox: 5.0
Arshavin: 5.5

Airknight

Established Member
Mannone 5: Silly on first 2 goals imo.
Sagna 6.5: The only one with a clue
Per 3.5: Poor. Again
Kos 4: Lots of flaws too, but could save a bit
Verms 3: He keeps wanting to prove everyone he's not a LB by getting raped and drifting to the middle
Arteta 1: Wonder if we'll see a thread of him
Coquelin 4: Defensive wise our best player, still feel can contribute more
Cazorla 4: Decent ideas, keeps being sloppy
Theo 6: Useful and although not a way i like, provided us a way to threaten
Giroud 6.5: Good headers, but some meh moments too
Poldi 5: Clearly can do more in attack with a defensive minded LB (regardless of Vermaelen's poor performance)

=============

Ramsey 4: Did nothing worthy of mention
Ox: 3 Didn't notice him tbh.
Arsha 4: another decent cameo.

Arsène's coat 9.5: Nothing his gestures of disgust could do to make the coat look less graceful, but wasn't exhibited enough.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Mannone 5

Sagna 5
Mertesacker 4
Koscielny 6
Vermaelen 5

Coquelin 4
Arteta 3
Cazorla 4

Walcott 7
Giroud 8
Podolski 5

Ramsey 5

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Mannone - 4

Sagna - 5
Mertesacker - 4
Koscielny - 6
Vermaelen - 5

Coquelin - 4
Arteta - 4
Cazorla - 5

Walcott - 7
Podolski - 5
Giroud - 9

Subs:

Ramsey - 6
Chamberlain - 5
Arshavin - 5

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Mannone 5
Sagna 5
Mertesacker 5
Koscielny 6
Vermaelen 5
Coquelin 4
Arteta 3
Cazorla 4
Walcott 6
Giroud 8
Podolski 4

Ramsey 4
Arshavin 6
Ox 5

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mannone: 4.0 nothing he could do for all three goals. EDIT : minus 1 for the first

Sagna: 4.5 Somehow I think Jenko should have played
EDIT : -0.5 The first Fulham goal was partially his fault
: -1 The second Fulham goal was mostly his fault.

Mertesacker: 5.0 doesn't work well with Kos, there's no chemistry among these 2. Poor performance.

Koscielny: 3.0 Lost the ball for Fulham 1st goal, failed to close him down for the 2nd and failed to offside him before half time,
was also almost caught out by Ruiz. Had a Poor game but plenty Hollywood tackles to cover for it (up his points).
EDIT : -0.5 for the first Fulham goal

Vermaelen: 5.0 With him behind Poldi, Poldi is free to move in and about the penalty box. -1 for giving the ball to Arteta instead hoofing it away

Arteta: 3.0 Tiredness begin to creep in, especially when Coquelin is pulled out and the ever so free Ramsey is in. If he is partnered with Ramsey again next week, don't be surprised if Arteta makes the same mistake.
The Good assist for Poldi's goal BTW is buried by his penalty mistakes

Cazorla: 6.0 Tried to make us going and surprised he did some defense work to help Arteta

Coquelin: 6.0 Dunno I think he did well before taken off, Arteta has more freedom with him covering

Walcott: 7.0 We'll miss you son, thanks for the memories

Podolski: 6.0 got a goal, looking well linking up with Giroud and Santi

Giroud: 8.0 2 goals, could've been 3. a good game hope he improves.

--

Ramsey: 4.0 All over the place, twice he got a chance to cross to a fully packed penalty box, he chose to back pass the ball. I don't have an idea why Wenger brought him in

Ox: 5.0 Nice cameo

Arshavin : 6.5 + 1 point for the penalty chance,+0.5 point for making it in just less than 10 minutes he is on the field.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Mannone: 3
Sagna: 6
Mertesacker: 6
Koscielny: 7
Vermaelen: 5.5
Coquelin: 4
Arteta: 3
Cazorla: 5.5
Walcott: 6
Giroud: 8
Podolski: 6

Ramsey: 6
Arshavin: 6
Ox: 5

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Mannone: 5.0

Sagna: 5.
Mertesacker: 5.0
Koscielny: 6.0
Vermaelen: 5.0

Arteta: 3.0
Cazorla: 4.5
Coquelin: 5.0

Walcott: 6
Podolski: 4
Giroud: 8.0

--

Ramsey: 2.0
Ox: 5.0
Arshavin: 5.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mannone 5

Sagna 6
Kosh 5.5
Per 5
Verms 5

Coq 4
Arteta 4
Cazorla 5

Walcott 7
Giroud 8
Podolski 6

Ramsey 3
Aoc 4
Arshavin 5

A

Anonymous

I know Arteta is a leader and all, but when you have a striker hitting his form in that very game and is on a hattrick, you let him take the ****ing game winning penalty. No ifs no buts, can you imagine how much confidence Giroud would get from getting his game winning penalty in the final minute?

Airknight

Established Member
That's stupid reasoning based on how nice would be for Giroud to get a hat-trick, not who is the better penalty taker.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
Mannone: 5.0 nothing he could do for all three goals.

Sagna: 6 Somehow I think Jenko should have played
Mertesacker: 5.0 doesn't work well with Kos, there's no chemistry among these 2. Poor performance.
Koscielny: 3.5 Lost Berbatov for Fulham 1st goal, failed to offside him for the 2nd and before half time,
was also almost caught out by Ruiz. Had a Poor game but plenty Hollywood tackles to cover for it (up his points).

Vermaelen: 5.0 With him behind Poldi, Poldi is free to move in and about the penalty box. -1 for giving the ball to Arteta instead hoofing it away

Arteta: 3.0 Tiredness begin to creep in, especially when Coquelin is pulled out and the ever so free Ramsey is in. If he is partnered with Ramsey again next week, don't be surprised if Arteta makes the same mistake.
The Good assist for Poldi's goal BTW is buried by his penalty mistakes
Cazorla: 6.0 Tried to make us going and surprised he did some defense work to help Arteta
Coquelin: 6.0 Dunno I think he did well before taken off, Arteta has more freedom with him covering

Walcott: 7.0 We'll miss you son, thanks for the memories
Podolski: 6.0 got a goal, looking well linking up with Giroud and Santi
Giroud: 8.0 2 goals, could've been 3. a good game hope he improves.

--

Ramsey: 4.0 All over the place, twice he got a chance to cross to a fully packed penalty box, he chose to back pass the ball. I don't have an idea why Wenger brought him in
Ox: 5.0 Nice cameo
Arshavin : 6.5 + 1 point for the penalty chance,+0.5 point for making it in just less than 10 minutes he is on the field.

Seems to me you were the only one watching the game.

Kos was also at fault for Fulham even getting the corner where they scored the first goal. He already had the ball but started to act like he was Messi and lost the ball.

Kos seriously needs to step up. He makes 3-4 big mistakes in every game.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Think you were too easy on Mannone there RainDance. He completely bottled it on the first goal, made a movement forward and then backtracked to his line. That area should be his all day, punch heads, do whatever you have to do.

Second possibly too. I mean in general when a GK gets a hand on a ball and palms it in, there has to be some blame attributed to him.

The marking was also horrific on both goals, so I'd lay the blame at a number of people, Mannone included.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Aye, fabo has it spot on for me. Mannone is like a statue when balls come in through the air on set pieces (which is strange because he can punch the ball) and like Benny Hill when he has to chase the ball around the box (very lucky to get away with one in this game). As for the second, those aren't necessarily saves a 'keeper should make, but they are saves a good 'keeper would make or, at least, get a hand to. Having said that, I'm still happy enough with the overall job he's done in this stint.

jinjin5000

Mannone: 3.0- Savable except the Penalty. Can't blame him for that but the other goals..

Sagna: 5.5- decent
Mertesacker: 4.5-was ok. Not fantastic
Koscielny: 3.5- Few Hollywood tackle that saved important 1:1, but hope he will be on form again.
Vermaelen: 4.5- Better with Podolski than Santos

Arteta: 3.5- Good contribution with assist but missed penalty. Made mistakes throughout the match- very uncharacteristic of him. Worst match for Arsenal for him?
Cazorla: 4.5-slipped and gave away balls few times, passed to Arteta without knowing he was marked
Coquelin: 5.0- good

Walcott: 7.0- Awesome, he can apprently now cross on target instead of skying it 30feet like Santos/Gervinho/Him last season. Also coincidentally its last year of his contract... hmm
Podolski: 4.5-Anonymous, he has a big defensive duty on him-> tracking Berbatov? I want him in more attack focused role since he is a good finisher
Giroud: 8.0- Beast aerially, giving both defense and offense an edge. 2 goals although he missed 1:1 but immediately got into position for 2nd goal. Slowly getting into his Montpelier player Wenger saw and bought for? Nice shootings from distance, they almost went in. Good promise.

--

Ramsey: 4.0-Eh... He shouldn't really have came on imo
Ox: 5.0- ok
Arshavin: 6- Did something when he came on 10 minutes left

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
fabo said:
Think you were too easy on Mannone there RainDance. He completely bottled it on the first goal, made a movement forward and then backtracked to his line. That area should be his all day, punch heads, do whatever you have to do.

Second possibly too. I mean in general when a GK gets a hand on a ball and palms it in, there has to be some blame attributed to him.

The marking was also horrific on both goals, so I'd lay the blame at a number of people, Mannone included.

AnthonyG said:
Aye, fabo has it spot on for me. Mannone is like a statue when balls come in through the air on set pieces (which is strange because he can punch the ball) and like Benny Hill when he has to chase the ball around the box (very lucky to get away with one in this game). As for the second, those aren't necessarily saves a 'keeper should make, but they are saves a good 'keeper would make or, at least, get a hand to. Having said that, I'm still happy enough with the overall job he's done in this stint.

Maybe I should lower Mannone's grade? Well, let me watch it again.

For the first, Mannone did move back,
however Sagna was in front of Berbatov, Koscielny was rushing from behind Berbatov, Berbatov pushed Sagna out of the way and Kos completely missed the ball.
This looks worse than my initial obsevation, but if Kos had not miss the flight of the ball completely (he made a running jump) Berbatov can't do anything.

For the second, Mannone did his best
For my initial observation, Koscielny cannot offside Berbatov as Per was along side him.
Koscielny should have close Berbatov down though that's his area and his man right there, he is busy looking at Ruiz btw. Sagna lost Kacaniklic completely while Per should have done better with the block.

@AntG Mannone did got a hand to the ball, it's just he didn't have enough power to divert it.

For the third, No need to rewatch, it was a perfect penalty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom