• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings: Arsenal Vs Liverpool CL First Leg

Biggus

Established Member
I can't understand why people give anything to Bendtner. We would be far better off now, if as soon as he came on, he ran over to that c**t of a ref, kicked him square in the nuts, and got a straight red (from the 4th official) Who would go on to award us our penalty, and Cescs shot would have continued the way nature intended .

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
I can't understand why people give anything to Bendtner. We would be far better off now, if as soon as he came on, he ran over to that c**t of a ref, kicked him square in the nuts, and got a straight red (from the 4th official) Who would go on to award us our penalty, and Cescs shot would have continued the way nature intended .
That would do it. :D
Justice for both Hleb;s diallowed penalty and the result of the game.

Kraig

Established Member
almunia - 5
toure - 5
senderos - 7
gallas - 7
clichy - 6
eboue - Q (no ****ing numbers low enough for that stinking pile of durge so im resorting to letters!!!)
cesc - 6
flamster - 6
hleb - 5
RVP - 5
Ade - 6

Theo - 7 (why is he not starting ahead of **** like diaby and eboue. he may not be a natural winger but at least he doesnt make wanna carry a .50 calibre sniper rifle to the rafters and just start popping shots off at number 27's kneecaps!!)

bendtner - 5

ref - U (see eboue)

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Lukazan said:
On reflection a 3 was pretty harsh on Adebayor, but I wouldn't give him much higher. A 5 is pushing it. Goal aside he was poor.
No he wasn't. Apart from wasting time on the wings and his first touch escaping him at crucial moments, he was definately one of our better attackers yesterday. Not to mention he scored.

Apart from Hleb's run- which was a penalty- wtf did he do? did you not see some of the passes he did? some of them awful..wasn't involved as much as he could have been.

Van Persie, Adebayor and Walcott were in the middle of everything good we produced in that match.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6
Toure 5.5
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 7
Flamini 7
Cesc 6.5
Hleb 6.5
Eboue 3
van Persie 5
Adebayor 6.5

Walcott 7
Bendtner 3

JazzG

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
3 for Ade? Bloody hell Luka...

A bit harsh to say the least! Giving Hleb an 8 is over the top as well, he was one anonymous in the first half but had a good spell in the 2nd half.

Ratings mostly come down to personal opinion of the player as well, lots here love RvP so even if he has a poor game will rate him higher than they should but will give someone like Eboue or Adebayor stick if they have a poor game but don't like giving credit when they have good games.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Walcott 7 - Very good. I was very surprised.

Why are you surprised? Theo has been excellent off the bench since the Birmingham game imo. He makes direct runs, he's shooting more and even his decision making is slowly improving.
Surprised that he showed some variation in his play. Also that he passed the ball more.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
arsmile said:
Sammer said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Almunia 6 - Good distribution.

Are you kidding me ?

ha...i love almunia more than anyone else...but you're right his distribution last night was all over the place

edit: love i suppose is quite a large exaggeration
He usually just kicks the ball out to space when our defenders pass it back to him and hes under a little bit of pressure by our opponents, yesterday he seemed more calm with the ball at his feet, and didn't do it as much.

Biggus

Established Member
JazzG said:
RocktheCasbah said:
3 for Ade? Bloody hell Luka...

A bit harsh to say the least! Giving Hleb an 8 is over the top as well, he was one anonymous in the first half but had a good spell in the 2nd half.

Ratings mostly come down to personal opinion of the player as well,

Indeed, Luka's ratings I suppose reflect his undying love for Hleb as well as the contempt in which he holds Adebayor. :|

arsmile

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
arsmile said:
Sammer said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Almunia 6 - Good distribution.

Are you kidding me ?

ha...i love almunia more than anyone else...but you're right his distribution last night was all over the place

edit: love i suppose is quite a large exaggeration
He usually just kicks the ball out to space when our defenders pass it back to him and hes under a little bit of pressure by our opponents, yesterday he seemed more calm with the ball at his feet, and didn't do it as much.

i disagree...but i'm not going to follow this through because i'm just happy that someone is arguing for al instead of against him!!

True Gooner

Established Member
Ive watched the game again and I must say, Adebayor was really good in the second. He was involved in most our best moves - Cesc/Bendtners chance, Eboues chances, his own chance and his goal obviously.

And he was really good at taking out Carragher from the game.

law

Almunia - 6
Toure - 5 Looks to be a liability at the moment. Was generally OK but not the first time his rustiness has led to a goal. Hopefully he can get back to himself soon.
Gallas - 7 Kept Torres quiet all night but didn't have too much work
Senderos - 7 Solid, dealt with there breaks well considering how much slower he is than Torres
Clichy - 6.5 Not really playing at the same level he set earlier in the season but still good
Flamini - 7 Good going forward and defending his passing has come on a lot this season, especially in terms of range
Cesc - 8 People don't seem to think that he was very good this game but I thought for the most part his we controlling the game in a way we've rarely seen him do recently.
Hleb - 7.5 Amazing at time, poor at others he looked as likely as anyone to make something happen (and would have done but for a big mistake by the referee). This guy really can't keep going every game the way Cesc and Flamini can.
Eboue - 5 Don't think he was at fault on the missed chance, on the replay it looked pretty difficult. Thats the only positive thing I can think to say
RVP - 6 still not sharp but looked a threat
Ade 6.5 Drifting wide too much and his first touch was erratic. Still worked hard. helped make a few things happen and scored a goal.

Biggus

Established Member
The amount of stick Ade gets is ridiculous. People see him as some sort of carthorse compared to the prancing thoroughbred race horse that Van Persie is.
Well its lucky that they aren't horses, because Van Persie would have been shot by now......Along with Rosicknote.

Kain

Established Member
It is quite poor how some cant even give Ade a 7 its been abit of a worn out topic but the guy scored against another top 4 club he basically had to lead the line himself in the second half against a 10 man scouse defence and was still causing them problems.

belgianfan

I can't understand why fab gets a lesser rating than flamini, he did as much running and defensive duties and did much more attacking wise.

Also give ade credit, he worked hard and scored a goal. Hleb does one fancy dribble and some slick touches and he gets great ratings, while I think he dribbled to much and kept the ball for too long and packed our centre midfield. He had a good game but I think he hindered our game abit.

Almunia - 6
Touré - 5 gave away lots of balls and did naive dribbles
Gallas - 7
Senderos - 6 I think he was at fault for our goal if he just kicked the ball away. I know Kuyt came from the back but sometimes no-nonsense is best.
Clichy - 6.5 don't think he did a bad job apart from the goal maybe
Flamini - 6 lots of running, no end product and went running in our attacking midfield, hindering other players and limiting our freedom of movement.
Cesc - 7.5 ran his but off and had a threat
Hleb - 6.5 good dribble but kept too ball too much and slowed our game down at times.
Eboue - 5 bad
RVP - 6 had a threat
Ade 6.5 worked hard, got a goal.

Theo- 7 he needs to start. Also why wenger took him away from our left side to the right is beyond me.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom