• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - Arsenal vs Schalke

jaguars4ever

Mannone: 4 - Gave away an unrewarded penalty & beaten by a ball straight at/under him for the 1st goal.

Santos: 1 - Shocking positioning all match. Pathetic defending with last ditch tackles that missed and disjointed tracking back. Played the first goal onside, and directly at fault for the second.

Mertesacker: 6 - Merte's great interceptions kept the scoreline from being embarrassing.

Vermaelen: 3 - Repeatedly caught out of position when needlessly bombing foward. Nearly cost us goal on more than one occasion. Went walkabout for the second goal. Poor defending overall.

Jenkinson: 5 - Played with heart, and provided some modicum of width. Poor crossing though.

Arteta: 5 - Didn't have many passing options, granted, but still failed to make any creative plays.

Coquelin: 5 - Didn't provide any spark in attack. Didn't help out the weak link Santos in defense.

Cazorla: 6 - Brilliant the few time he got on the ball. But fluttered in and out of the game.

Gervinho: 2 - Tragically weak performance. Didn't convert his chances. Squandered his 1v1 runs when put on goal. Seldom ever beat his man. Killed most of our attacks and counter-attacks.

Podolski: 5 - Was lively in attack, but didn't get off any shots. Also, unlike usual, he didn't help out in defense, and Lord, Santos needed it.

Ramsey: 3 - Poor performance as wide-forward. Couldn't dribble, shoot, thread through balls or even cross. Offered us nothing from that position

--

Giroud: 4 - Not the performance we need. Not the striker we need. We should sign Huntelaar.

Gnabry: 7 - Brilliant on the ball, combining trickery and actual cutting edge. Unlucky not to have contributed to at least one goal.

Arshavin: 4 - Was he even playing?

Airknight

Established Member
Mannone 4
Santos 0
Mertesacker 6
Vermaelen 4
Jenkinson 4
Arteta 4
Coquelin 5
Cazorla 4
Podlski 2
Gervinho 5
Ramsey 0
==========
Giroud 0
Gnabry 5
Arshavin 0

Huntelaar suggestion 0
Thread 0
Everything 0

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Mannone - 4

Jenkinson - 6
Mertesacker - 6
Vermaelen - 4
Santos - 1

Coquelin - 4
Arteta - 5

Ramsey - 3
Cazorla - 6
Podolski - 5

Gervinho - 2

Subs:
Giroud - 3
Arshavin - N/A
Gnabry - 5

Giroud

Established Member
Can I ask what Giroud was meant to do? He got f*** all service. He's not that top quality attacker that we desperately need at the moment and these head and hand moments are annoying but when you get no service as a striker it's very tough going. Not sure he could have done much more tonight.

dysphoria

Established Member
Only jenkinson, mertesacker and cazorla(to some extent) deserve any ratings, the rest aren't worth it.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Giroud said:
Can I ask what Giroud was meant to do? He got f*** all service. He's not that top quality attacker that we desperately need at the moment and these head and hand moments are annoying but when you get no service as a striker it's very tough going. Not sure he could have done much more tonight.
Not that I disagree with you, in fact I agree strongly, but your username isn't going to do you any favours when discussing Giroud. :p

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's funny, because I'm refusing to slate Gervinhos performance on the grounds that he's not a CF ... yet Giroud is getting hammered for not being able to make his team mates find him, and/or for not being Henry!

MaestroCesc

jaguars4ever said:
Mannone: 4 - Gave away an unrewarded penalty & beaten by a ball straight at/under him for the 1st goal.

Santos: 1 - Shocking positioning all match. Pathetic defending with last ditch tackles that missed and disjointed tracking back. Played the first goal onside, and directly at fault for the second.

Mertesacker: 6 - Merte's great interceptions kept the scoreline from being embarrassing.

Vermaelen: 3 - Repeatedly caught out of position when needlessly bombing foward. Nearly cost us goal on more than one occasion. Went walkabout for the second goal. Poor defending overall.

Jenkinson: 5 - Played with heart, and provided some modicum of width. Poor crossing though.

Arteta: 5 - Didn't have many passing options, granted, but still failed to make any creative plays.

Coquelin: 5 - Didn't provide any spark in attack. Didn't help out the weak link Santos in defense.

Cazorla: 6 - Brilliant the few time he got on the ball. But fluttered in and out of the game.

Gervinho: 2 - Tragically weak performance. Didn't convert his chances. Squandered his 1v1 runs when put on goal. Seldom ever beat his man. Killed most of our attacks and counter-attacks.

Podolski: 5 - Was lively in attack, but didn't get off any shots. Also, unlike usual, he didn't help out in defense, and Lord, Santos needed it.

Ramsey: 3 - Poor performance as wide-forward. Couldn't dribble, shoot, thread through balls or even cross. Offered us nothing from that position

--

Giroud: 4 - Not the performance we need. Not the striker we need. We should sign Huntelaar.

Gnabry: 7 - Brilliant on the ball, combining trickery and actual cutting edge. Unlucky not to have contributed to at least one goal.

Arshavin: 4 - Was he even playing?
He was never caught out of position when bombing forward and hardly bombed forward when he did it was when we desperately need a goal. For 2nd goal he wasnt walkabout he was marking the 1st player and the cross went to the 2nd... No clue what you are on about...

Not sure how Pod got a 5 was annoymous should have got a three. Gnarbry lost the ball a lot but didnt have a spark, still 7 is way over the top

Airknight

Established Member
Gnabry contributed to one goal, you know which one i'm talking about.

As for Giroud, when you're pointless you should get slated, "No service" will always be a weak excuse if you contribute next to nothing.

qs

Established Member
Mannone 2
Santos 1
Mertesacker 7
Vermaelen 2
Jenkinson 5
Arteta 5
Coquelin 2
Cazorla 6
Podlski 4
Gervinho 4
Ramsey 4

qs

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
He was never caught out of position when bombing forward and hardly bombed forward when he did it was when we desperately need a goal. For 2nd goal he wasnt walkabout he was marking the 1st player and the cross went to the 2nd... No clue what you are on about...

He was caught out plenty of times and was lucky or saved by Mertesacker.

He was directly responsible for the first goal and missing for the 2nd. He was terrible tonight and honestly he's been pretty poor all season and quite a bit at the end of last season.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, Gnabry didn't do much to be fair. That skill thing was great, but after that all he did was give the ball away.. one of which lead to a goal.

Pretty sad, though, that we have to bring a 17 year old to make something happen, because the squad is littered with overpaid crap.

Giroud

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Giroud said:
Not that I disagree with you, in fact I agree strongly, but your username isn't going to do you any favours when discussing Giroud. :p

Unfortunately that's true! Little did I know he was going to be playing for Arsenal, I simply thought he was a great role model for people who may not be hugely talented but with hard work can make it to the top. I have great respect for those who make the step from lower league football to the top in the middle of their career and decided to make his name my username. I'm no sort of fanboy at all and recognise his bad sides, not only good. I made this account one or two months before he signed for us!

DiamondGooner

Established Member
This thread is full of win, shame our team isn't, the Giroud comments are funny as hell.

The nose dive the team as a whole has taken since West Ham is alarming.

jaguars4ever

MaestroCesc said:

Not sure how Pod got a 5 was annoymous should have got a three. Gnarbry lost the ball a lot but didnt have a spark, still 7 is way over the top
1. False. There was such a blatant instance where Vermaelen bombed forward, but the ball was lost, where Schalke immediately launched a counter that nearly cost us. Re-watch the game and you'll see it.

2. The argument is that he shouldn't have moved so far forward regardless of his intentions as it left Huntelaar acres of space behind. Therein, lies the walkabout.

3. If you disagree with my ratings, feel free to post your own.

Coypus

Mannone 2 Should have penalty (Why did we not invest in a keeper)
Santos -1 Not his fault he was kept on when everyone seen what was coming
Mertesacker 7 Had to play with heartless cowards around him
Vermaelen -10 Needs told to f*** off not captain materiel
Jenkinson 5 Tried hard but limited
Arteta 2 My god he is slow
Coquelin 7 Basically our midfield tried hard
Cazorla 2 All the talent in world played hide and seek
Podlski -10 Waste of money
Gervinho 1 Our biggest threat in that we might be awarded a penalty if he tripped over the ball
Ramsey 0 Completely gone
==========
Giroud 0 Big girl
Gnabry 6 Tried looked interested
Arshavin 1 At least it wernt Chamakh that came on

iced22

Don't quite get the Vermaelen hate, considering that all he did was pick up a yellow in the first half for a tackle where he didn't even make contact. In fact, he outperformed Mertesacker in the second half. The first goal was almost completely Santos fault, the other 3 kept the line and would have caught Huntelaar offside if it wasn't for Santos.

Mannone - 4

Jenkinson - 5.5
Mertesacker - 6.5
Vermaelen - 5.5
Santos - 2

Coquelin - 6.5
Arteta - 6
Cazorla - 6

Ramsey - 5
Gervinho - 4
Podolski 4.5

Latest posts