• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/04/04

Isragooner

Are you guys made of plastic?you forget 5 years in 90 minutes.
You are being too harsh on henry.

Frankly,im sick of 2003-2004!WE HAVE WON NOTHING! (yet)

i feel bad for toure though,in the last 3 games,he was so close to stop those goals from going in.

KingReyes

Established Member
moomoo said:
our players look tired and is showed in the second half
we have the best team in the league but are squad has no depth!!!

Thats what I said when they brought Cole and Crespo on! To have players like that on the bench like that is amazing. Thats when i said to myself we are gonna lose.

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
Lehmann 5
Cole 8
Campbell 8
Kolo 8
Lauren 7.5
Ljungberg 5
Pires 5
Vieira 8
Edu 5
Henry 5
Reyes 7.5

Id go along with that.

When we needed Pires and Henry the most they go missing. Its all well and good taking the piss out of pompey and Leeds, but its tonights game when it really counts.

kanuuu

Established Member
Freddie has been consistently crap all season so i wasnt really surprised at his performance but i coulnt believe how crap the team were as a whole in the second half.

pome

thuoght rayes was one of our best players paddy gave the ball away to much! kolo and sol were good, henry was :eek:ops: and lehmann is a accident waiting to happen!

moomoo

i dont think you can single out any players
you play as a team win or lose
buT Psychologically(spelling) what does this do to are players after falling away last year???????

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann - 4 - That ball should never have fell to Lampard.

Lauren - 7 - Had a very good game imo.

Toure - 7 - Also had a great game but was caught out a bit on their second.

Campbell - 7 - Probably our best player.

Cole - 7 - I thought that clearance off the line would be decisive, sadly it wasn't. He played well though.

Ljungberg - 5 - Doesn't seem to know what to do when he's on the ball. Much better off it making runs into the area since no one else is ever in there.

Vieira - 6 - Very good for most of the game but like most of the team it didn't last.

Edu - 5 - He played reasonably well but didn't work hard enough imo.

Pires - 6 - Possibly our best player in the first half but disappeared in the second like most players.

Reyes - 7 - Looked really good and I think there's more to come from him. 3 goals in 2 games against Chelsea, let's hope he continues to perform like that.

Henry - 3 - Such an important player for us. He is capable of playing so unbelievably well but we cannot afford to have him go missing. Whether this is his attitude or not, I don't know. It might be too many games for him so we definetly need someone who can fill in for him when he's not up to it. Terrible today at a time where we really needed him. I hope he can get back to his best and along with the rest of the team, get us the Premiership. Not winning the league is not an option now.

Toure and Reyes are my man of the match (8)

Henry....I don't even know what to say about him (3)

Pires did well in the first half but went missing in the second(5)

Sol was solid(7)

Lauren was poor today I felt, everytime they bombarded the right hand side I was worried (5)

Ljungberg was ok, did alot of running but that was about it (7)

Viera was solid (7.5)

Lehmann has to go this summer, too many costly mistakes for my liking (3.5)

Edu was ok (7)

Ashley made alot of mistakes but gets an extra point for clearing that goal (6.5)

Side note, maybe Wenger might need to start playing Freddie on the left...he seems much more effective there. Pires seems like he is going through a blip at the moment.

KingReyes

Established Member
I can understand the fact that everyone is upset with the likes of Henry and Co. But other teams have World Class players like Zidane, Figo, Raul, Ronaldo, Rob Carlos and top GK in Casillas and so on. They all play for Real Madrid whom got knocked out against Monaco from all teams and they had 2 goal advantage going into the game.

Mark

Established Member
Everyone says Real's situation is worse, but to be honest I can't see why. They are favourites every year and they may not have done it this year or last but with the quality they have and the money above all they will almost certainly do it again one day.

Plus they've done it all before. This was a really big chance for us but we're clearly not cut out for it.

We don't have a big enough squad to go for three trophies. We need to be able to rest big players and not miss them. We can't do that, whenever we get an injury we panick because it leaves gaps in our team. Teams like Milan, Madrid and as you can see Chelsea, they don't have that problem and that is what gets them far in competitions.

What annoys me is Chelsea have done nothing to earn this success they're having this year. If it wasn't for Abramovic they'd be out in the group stages.

Some serious spending needs to be done in the summer or we'll never win the treble, but for us to have that kind of money available to us we need to win the Premiership. Quarter finals and semi finals in CL and FA Cup respectively should get us some decent money too.

matu

Lehman - 5
Cole - 7
Toure- 9
Campbell - 8
Lauren - 6
Ljunberg - 6
Edu - 7
Viera - 7
Reyes - 9 (man of the match)
Henry - 2

jay-d

Established Member
By the way to all the haters Thierry has a hamstring injury which he's probably had for a bit, you lot p me off how the heck can you bash Arsenals best player for a few bad games remember we wouldn't even be in this position if it weren't for him, half you lot are not fans just glory hunters who can't take defeat, sadly it's part of the parcel. Seriously after feeling like crap after the game then reading you lot bash the players etc just makes it 10 times worst, now f off and support someone else if your not going to get behind the boys.

Stim

Lehmann (4) - Did he do anything?

Cole (6) - Tried hard, gave it his all as usual but ineffective.

Toure (8) - Solid, as usual.

Campbell (8) - Again, solid as usual cannot doubt this partnership.

Lauren (7) - Kept Duff quiet all night, take back everything ever said about him, stood up and was counted.

Ljunberg (6) - Lots of running, hard working but ineffective.

Edu (6) - Tried hard, still hasn't found his defense splitting passes back, maybe a rest is due.

Viera (8) - Lead by example, shame others couldn't follow his lead.

Pires (6) - Couldn't find his usual attacking threat, disappointing really.

Reyes (9) - My man of the match, by watching Arsenal for the first time you would of thought he was the new boy in the team. Was our most attacking threat by miles.

Henry (4) - Not clinical, disappeared, absolutely useless.

Extremely disappointed.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Lauren 3? wtf?????????

Lehmann 5
Cole 9
Toure 9
Campbell 8
Lauren 9
Pires 6
Vieira 5
Edu 5
Ljungberg 5
Reyes 8
Henry 6

The defence were superb tonight. The midfield was excellent in the first half then disappeared completely in the second half and left the defence free to be sieged by Chelsea. Reyes worked his ass off and did some great stuff, he had shag all support. Henry was poor.

Lauren can't seem to do anything right with some people... He completely kept Chelsea's most dangerous player, Duff, out of the game. He did well going forward, and made the Arsenal goal. Cole did superbly at left back too, got forward well in the first half while he had cover from the midfield, and he saved the game in the second half with that superb clearance. Kolo was tremendous all game, he won so much possession. Sol was very good too, but overshadowed by Toure's towering performance (again, its happening a lot recently).

elms278

Lehmann 1 - This guy is a true liability
Lauren 6 - I would give him a 7 but i can't stand him, so by default i minus 1
Cole 8 - Superb. 1st match back, but played a blinder
Toure 8 - The lad done good
Campbell 8- The other lad done good
Pires 3 - Awful, plain awful, kept giving the ball away and created nothing. Zero contribution
Viera 9 - U are having a laugh anyone who didn't think he was arsenals best player
Edu 6 - We needed a little more from the boy from brazil, Non existent in the 2nd half
Ljunberg 4 - Did sod all again. Why does he never get himself in the box anymore??
Reyes 8 - Superb in the 1st half, ran himself into the ground. Had to do all the attacking work
Henry 2 - Was f@ckin sh!te. Arrogant mother f@cker. Someone smack him back down to ground.

timberford

1st half:
lehmann 6 (only cause he didnt have much to do)
lauren 8
toure 8
campbell 8
cole 8
pires 8
vieira 9
edu 7
ljungberg 7
reyes 9
henry 5

2nd half:
lehmann 4
lauren 6
toure 8
campbell 8
cole 7
pires 6
vieira 6
edu 6
ljungberg 6
reyes 6
henry 3

toure and campbell were excellent.

i believe reyes would have continued playing out of his skin (and been awarded man of the match) had the rest of the team performed in the 2nd half how they did in the 1st!!! his performances are definitely the major positive out of the last 2 games!

ethanen

lehmann 2 (appart from the goals, few good catches, always(!) kicks the ball out of play!
lauren 8 (improving from game to game, cant understand why people say he's bad)
toure 9 (magnificent! i love this guy)
campbell 8 (solid as ussuall)
cole 7
ljungberg 7 (not a good game but never stops running)
vieira 7 (thought he was outplayes by makalele)
edu 6 (started good but looks veryyy tired)
pires 6 (...)
henry 4
reyes 9 (great player+goal. great little flicks...)
bergkamp ? (did he touch the ball at all?)

Andrew

Lehmann 2 (made a few catches and one decent save which is why he actually gets some points)
Cole 9 (great, couldn't fault him. Players couldn't get past him and made a brilliant goalline clearance. Hope he stays at the club for the next 10 years at least)
Lauren 8 (set-up our goal and was solid in defence)
Campbell 5 (his passing was shocking)
Toure 7 (did quite ok)
Pires 6 (didn't think he was that bad but certainly not his best.)
Ljungberg 6 (actually thought he was quite ok)
Vieira 6 (did ok but just wasn't in it as much as we'd like him to be)
Edu 5 (very ordinary again, ran into Pires too much and didn't clear properly. Did well to help stop Duff from scoring early on though)
Reyes 8 (great passes, good shots on goal, a determined goal. Really like him. You can't lose faith if you have a player as talented and determined as him at the club)
Henry 5 (wasn't in the play enough and when he got chances he didn't do enough with him. If only we could rewind back a month or two to get Henry at his best back. We would have won no doubt. Unfortunately it seems all strikers have a bad patch and honeslty I wouldn't be suprised if his had a slight injury for the past few matches)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom