• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal | 17/09/08

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If anyones bothered, you can big up you favourite players here and give low ratings to the playes you don't like.

Almunia:

Kolo:
Gallas:
Sagna:
Clichy:

Cesc:
Song:
Denilson:
Walcott:

Van Persie:
Adebayor:

Subs
Bendtner:
Eboue:
Vela:

Ref:

James

Established Member
Re: Dynamo Kiev v Arsenal match ratings

Almunia: 6

Sagna: 6
Gallas: 5
Toure: 6
Clichy: 5

Walcott: 6
Denilson: 7
Song: 6
Fabregas: 6
Van Persie: 6

Adebayor: 6

gunnerGH

Established Member

Al 6
Sagna 5
Clichy 5
Toure 7
Gallas 6
Walcott 6
Cesc 5
Denilson 5
Song 5
RVP 5
Adebayor 5

Mobb Starr

It's player ratings not match ratings Psycho.

Muni 6. not too much to do, still doesn't inspire confidence to the backline.

Sagna 6. Had an OK match, lost his composure after giving away penalty. Subbed

Clichy 6. Had an OK match too, must concentrate better and not get turned over on his right side so much.

Toure 7. Solid performance, nothing spectacular. Hasn't quite got the right understanding with Gallas. Not really his fault though.

Gallas 6. The fact he scored the equaliser bumps up his score. He is not a solid CB, plays more like a wing back. Miskick led to kiev penalty. Held it together better as a captain though compared to last season.

Walcott 8 Full of running, involved in all meaningful attack play, tracked back too. His cross led to equaliser. Showed no fear and great maturity under attack from kiev players. Almost like a Hleb in his support play. My MoM.

Cesc 6. Lacks a bit of form, did OK first half. Strangely subdued in second half. Doesn't really dovetail with Denilson.

Denilson 6. Put the effort in, hardly lost the ball. Not really convincing in an Arsenal shirt. Is he really world class or just another average brazillian?

Song 7. Broke up Kiev attacks well, solid in front of the CB's. Needs to control his aggression better and not give away silly fouls. AW's decision almost backfired immediately, if Bangoura played a better pass we would have been 2-0 down. Starter for Bolton for me.

RVP 7. Played OK on wing, had a few shots at goal. Just getting into his stride again. Will improve massively if he can stay injury free I'm sure of it.

Adebayor 7. Had an awful first half, but stayed strong. Chased after the ball and put the effort in the second half. Needs to work on his link up play and leading the line when we play 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1 in europe.

Subs. Ebuoe, for Sagna. 6. Starting to show true gooner spirit nowadays. I think he wants everyone to like him now. Bendy, for Song. 5. Some clumsy ball control, did play a great pass for Walcott in build up to goal. Still a second string player though. Needs to prove his worth to us in the domestic cups. Vela, for RVP. 4 . Hardly touched the ball.

Wenger 6. Lack of experience and strength in depth of the squad could have cost us victory tonight. We need another CB imo. Toure needs someone who doesn't shirk responsibility next to him. Gallas would be better served as a wing back. Although we lack an experienced, out and out CDM. I just think we are just a few injured players away from having a decent squad. Rosicky, Diaby, Eduardo can't come back soon enough. Cesc needs you.

Lukazan

Established Member

Sagna: 5
Gallas: 3
Touré: 6
Clichy: 4

Walcott: 6
Denilson: 6
Fabregas: 4
Van Persie: 5

Adebayor: 4

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia 6
Sagna 4
Gallas 4
Toure 6
Clichy 6
Walcott 5
Denilson 6
Song 6
Fabregas 5
Persie 5
Ade 4

asajoseph

Established Member

Alumina - 5 - Beaten at the near post on one occasion, but otherwise not often tested.

Sagna - 4 - Beaten too many times, a bit naive for the penalty, didn't add much going forward and lost his head after the goal
Gallas - 5 - Did well to score, with nice positioning, but some awful passing
Toure - 5 - Better than Gallas, and added a bit going forward, but was not assured at the back
Clichy - 6 - Not too bad at the back, and some nice tackles. Occasionally threatening going forward

Walcott - 6 - In and out of the game, but some nice moments. Did well to finally get that assist.
Fabregas - 4 - Anonymous, didn't have nearly enough impact on the game.
Song - 6 - A couple of misplaced passes, but otherwise our best of a central midfield trio, and absolutely the wrong player to take off, unless he was tired.
Denilson - 5 - Too quiet, did ok sweeping up at the back and one or two good passes, but not much to write home about

Adebayor - 6 - Very poor miss, but full of work and effort. Looked like the only likely outlet for a goal
Van Persie - 4 - Very poor, hardly had any impact on the game at all, one nice dribble, one missed shot, otherwise nothing.

Bendtner - 5 - Hardly contributed anything when he came on
Vela - 5 - Ditto
Eboue - 6 - A couple of nicer moments, but overall a bit too quiet. Not too bad at all though.

dutchMasta

Almunia: 6 (Fine, nothing to blame)

Kolo: 6.5 (Decent, looked like he wanted to win it, surging up, but nothing special in the end)
Gallas: 5 (Sloppy clearance led to cross which led to penalty, average otherwise, even with the goal)
Sagna: 6 (Maybe could've made it easier for ref but def wasn't a penalty, average otherwise, lost his usually great positional sense a couple of times)
Clichy: 6.5 (Kept trying, but wasn't at his best)

Cesc: 5.5 (Didn't seem to put in 100%, missed huge chance)
Song: 6.5 (Strong and didn't deserve his sub, but some sloppy challenges, mostly in "safer" areas though)
Denilson: 6 (Decent effort, but passing wasn't great, 2nd worst based on stats)
Walcott: 7 (Best player, created good chances, and kept ball well)

Van Persie: 6 (A threat, decent efforts at goal, but not a winger)
Adebayor: 5 (Average, seemed to keep passing the ball back, missed major chance)

Eboue: 6.5 (Added the directness we needed surprisingly)
Bendtner/Vela: 6 (Couldn't really get into it)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Kolo: 6
Gallas: 6
Sagna: 6
Clichy: 6

Cesc: 5
Denilson: 6
Walcott: 7

Van Persie: 5
Adebayor: 6

Subs
Bendtner: 5
Eboue: 6
Vela: 5

Ref: 0

arsmile

Established Member

Right, I think we just about got away with that without looking completely stupid...their striker was a joke- just shot at goal whenever the ball was at his feet- they were only ever going to score from a penalty....and it wasn’t a penalty-we always get those ones given against us- ref annoyed me with that and some absolutely ridiculous ‘time keeping’.

Almunia-5.5- was alright- not really tested, got a bit lucky with the one that bounced off his back- fine all-round

Sagna-5- wasn’t at fault for the penalty, cos it wasn’t a penalty, in my opinion- the guy just dived on the ground- but he was caught on the wrong side- and also failed to provide anything in attack

Toure-5.5- ok, a few dodgy headers

Galas-6- ok, so maybe he cant save us by being a massively inspirational captain- but the next best thing is popping up with the important goals- he does have a knack at it- showed a secent amount of team strength and determination in getting that goal- shows that we can come back from a goal down- it did look a bit like he was stealing ade’s goal and risking an offside...but maybe he felt he couldn’t take the risk of the keeper getting to it

Clichy-6- was better down the left than sagna on the right- was left completely exposed by vanpersie’s defensive ineptitude- managed to make a couple of decent offensive runs

Walcott-6- wasn’t actually that great I though tall round- but a lot of credit for sticking at it and getting that important late cross in-

Song-5- was alright-strong and lots of simple passing- kiev weren’t good enough for us to need him there- they had a decent midfield but nothing upfront- I think having him there negated our attacking effectiveness- it meant playing cesc as a second striker/offensive cm- which I don’t think he’s that great at- and meant we lost out on a winger and had vanperise there- I like him, but basically think we included him at the expense of playing our best players in their best positions and we suffered because of that...mind you- once he was off- cesc and denilson just forgot the defence completely and we had a massive hole in our midfield

Denilson-5.5- was ok- did what he does, a bit anonymous but worked hard and was our only ‘proper’ cm with cesc not doing any defending and song not doing any attacking

Vanpersie-4- struggles to affect the game from the left wing, is exposed in defense, it means he tends to come on to shots on his weaker right foot- he had a coupel of semi-decent chances that he didn’t take advantage of and other than that struggled to contribute

Cesc-4.5- I dotn like him in that offensive position- he cant open up play like he does as a true CM...he was solid in possession, but struggled to do anything of any note for the whole match

Ade-5.5- awful finishing and should have finished the game in the first half, but worked hard and played an important part in the goal

Bendtner-3- did nothing, was rubbish

Eboure-6.5- thought he had a very positive impact- carried the ball into the danger areas and then offloaded it intelligently- most importantly in the play leading up to the goal- and on another coupel of occasions- did lose it in one particularly dangerous instance though

Vela-5- no time to make an impact.

All-round I was jsut very disappointed with wenger- with the formation/personnel in those positions and I felt he left the substitutions a bit late,- especially vela- and it buggered up the formation even more...i thought his tantrum at the end was funny with pat trying to drag him away from the ref.... just don’t feel like he went out there with the right tactical attitude

nazo

Established Member

Alumina - 5
Sagna - 5
Gallas - 1 (for the goal)
Touré - 5
Clichy - 6

Walcott - 6
Fabregas - 4
Song - 6
Denilson - 6