• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - FR: NK Maribor vs Arsenal | 22/07/04

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was asked to right sum kind of match report and I know that alot of you wanna know how the players performed so herez a little sumthing:

Taylor: To be honest it showed that he had just come bak from a long term injury - the first goal for Maribor came from a corner kick in which Taylor could have easily come out but didnt - you cant really say he could have saved it coz the header was a pretty good one - but you would expect a keeper to come out since it wasnt that far away.
The second goal for Maribor came from a free kick, from about 35 yeards out. The guy kicked it as hard as he can - he blasted it low to the bottom left hand corner. Taylor saw it late but he was pretty slow to react and the ball ended up at the bak of the net.
He didnt have much to do other than those 2 incidents - was protected well by an outstanding justin hoyte and a solid phillipe senderos.
Rating: 7/10

Lauren: Didnt really do anything special but didnt under-perform either. He's really been consistent this season and well, this was a very normal game for him. He did make a couple of good sliding tackles though but nuthin other than that - one point i wanna make about him tho - usually he supports freddy on the right - but today -when pennant was stuck on the right wing lauren didnt really make any runs to give jermaine options. But maybe thats coz pennant likes to dribble past the full back rather than passing it to sum1 else.

Emmanuel Eboue: Showed potential but clearly not ready for top class football yet. Was caught out of position loads of times and failed to track back - there were times where reyes had to defend coz of the gaps he left in defence. He did look extreemly fast though - made sum really good runs on the left hand side which helped out reyes alot. Overall hez a promising player but doesnt look like a finished article yet. Also made some pretty amateur tackles which would have got him sent off in a premiership match.
His main incident was when he set aliadiere clean through on goal with a fantastic through ball only for ali to hit it high and wide.
Rating: 7.5/10

Justin Hoyte: Could very well be our best player on the night. Absoloutly sensational stuff by the youngster. I mentioned during the game how he looked like he'd been playing for us for ages - he looked like a young sol campbell. He was all over the place - nothing went past him - he was rock solid - There were two incidents with him that really stood out. The first one was when Maribor were on the counter attack. It was 3 against 2 with only Senderos and Hoyte to beat. The Maribor striker supplied his partner with a through ball which went in between Hoyte and Senderos - which left his partner clean through on goal. He didnt hit it first time - first he controlled it - then he went for the shot. But to his surprise the pacey hoyte got there in time and slide tackled him and blocked the shot to save us from having to concede a second goal to make the game 2-2.
The second incident - i already mentioned during the game but i'll say it again since it was so breath taking. The 2 maribor strikers were up against hoyte. The one that had the ball was facing him while his partner was to hoyte's left hand side. So the guy tried to chip the ball over hoyte while his partner was making the run. Hoyte isnt exactly the tallest player we have but amazingly he jumped - with his body moving backwards - and was able to head the ball - unfortunately it fell for the exact same guy that had previously chipped it and since hoyte was on the ground - the guy, again, tried passing to his partner. Amazingly it took hoyte like half a second to get bak up and AGAIN, clear the ball !! It was a magnificent moment - you had to be there to believe it.
Rating: 9/10

Phillipe Senderos: Looked much sharper than he had for the swiss side at the under 21 championships a couple of months bak. Didnt really do much tho - With the heroics of hoyte it was hard to notice him.

Sebastian Svard: I thaught sebastian was an average player but he proved me wrong tonight. Showed some really good touches and reminded me of vieira with his presence at the centre of midfield and his long legs all over the place. He stole the ball sumthing like 10 times - made some really decent tackles and some great passes to the wings for pennant, lauren, reyes, and eboue. Very solid and strong on the ball. Great player for the future.
Rating: 8.5/10

Jermaine Pennant: A decent performance from the youngster. I think he can break the record of total ever assists in the premiership if given a chance in the first team this season. Set up dennis a couple of times with his inch perfect crosses and also was responsible for Van Persie's header late in the game with a fantastic cross. Looked like he was dribbling past defenders for fun. Probarly gonna be a bit harder to do with premiership defenders but he really sent out a message to Arsène.

Marco Ne: If i had to chose one of the two ivorians i'd have to say it wouldnt be Marco Ne. First of all he showed poor marking in the first maribor goal. He had a 50-50 chance of getting to the ball if he had jumped but he just didnt bother - and allowed the slovenian striker to head the ball to the bak of the net. Another major incident involving Marco wud be when Dennis set him up with a quick cross from a free kick at the edge of the box. No1 was near him - he didnt even hav to jump to head it. But somehow he managed to head it wide from 10 yards out.
Rating: 5.5/10

Jose Antionio Reyes: I wasnt happy at all with Jose's performance. Probarbly the worst player in the game. Looked very tired and played some really poor passes. He was playing on the left wing - never really tried dribbling - which worked for pennant - he just tried passing the ball as soon as he got it - didnt bother making runs and on a couple of occasionz u cud tell that there was absoloutly no understanding between him - bergy and aliadiere. Especially ali. His major incident wud hav to be when dennis supplied him with a defence splitting pass that set him clean through on goal. He took too much time controlling the ball and eventually hit a really weak shot straight at the keeper.
Rating: 4/10

Dennis Bergkamp: One of the best players in the game. Nothing surprising really, he played the role of the leader, set up the likes of Ali and Reyes throughout the game and if it wasnt for some poor finishing by the youngsters could have easily had 4 or 5 assists to his name.

Jeremie Aliadiere: Didnt really see much of Jeremie. The most worrying thing is his understanding with dennis and especially jose. Never really read eache other. His major incident wud hav to be his big miss early on in the second half. He only had the keeper to beat after a great pass by dennis but somehow he hit way high over the bar. I never understood that as he could have easily just aimed for either side of the goal rather than just blasting it as hard as he could. He rushed into it and he ended up paying the price.

Best Players: Justin Hoyte - Jermaine Pennant - Dennis Bergkamp

Not so good Players: Marco Ne - Jose Reyes

Moment of the match: Justin Hoyte's double clearance

Miss of the match: Aliadiere's shot (which i think cud hav been so high it went out the stadium)

Goal of the match: Van Persie's sensational header

Wierdest thing in the stadium: Car parked on the sidelines (im not kidding - for sum reason there was a car parked over there !!)

Thats it i guess. I did this coz i know that if i had missed the game i wud really wanna know how the players performed. Thanx to the people who posted pics from the barnet game - really nice of them - just thaught i'd return the favour !

asajoseph

Established Member
Thanks for that...

Just a bit disappointed about Reyes, of all the players breaking through, my highest hope is him. So let's just hope it was a blip!

knoxy

Cheers Jose! Much appreciated. Really can't wait to get a bigger place so I can get one of those big sat dishes to watch all the Arsenal I can take :D

Good news about Hoyte - heard a lot of promising things about this youngster and it'll be great to see him break into the first team squad.

I do believe we're a lot better covered this season esp with van Persie and Trabelsi added to the squad. If kids like Hoyte and Senderos and Pennant can make a valuable contribution to the squad, then all the better!

sebasvard

Cheers pal, great reviews, makes all the difference for those of us wot can't see it ourselves :)

And you praised up my namesake big time too, which doesn't happen very often - so nice one! :D

r_blair2

Hoyte and Travelsi fighting out for the RB Position next season I hope with Lauren moved into centre-mid

A

Anonymous

well done mate you should write for the sun from what i hear on here they could do with some good men.

A

Anonymous

the original poster knows bollocks about football. someone like this shouldnt write match and player reviews, he knows crap.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
gee, thats a wind up post if ive ever seen one....

TT, did YOU watch the match? why dont you enlighten us with your brilliant football expertise and tactical genius.....

A

Anonymous

I watched the match but dont have time now. But I call bollocks when I see it.

A

Anonymous

miss of the match is hoyte's free header, not aliadiere's shot, bollocks boy.

A

Anonymous

just one example of you not knowing what you're talking about

A.Hussain

forget TT jose, that was a good report.

i have this feeling that wenger may see hoyte as a back up rb and a cb at the same time. kinda like kolo. imagine an english kolo as well.DAMN this club is set fo life, yo!

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
miss of the match is hoyte's free header, not aliadiere's shot, bollocks boy.

oh kiss my ass u pathetic ****

First of all - incase u havent noticed there is no official award for miss of the match - you may think hoyte's header was miss of the match and yes it was a bad miss but so was aliadiere's - thats an opinion and im sure normal forum members would have noticed that was my opinion and there were no awards after the game announcing the nominees for miss of the match and moment of the match and whatever.

I'm obviously not gonna waste my time now debating this with you coz you obviously sound like a 9 year old idiot who has nothing else better to do than talk ****.

And you didnt answer the question of what channel the match was on - ****in *****.

I feel sorry for having to waste all that time writing the reviews for ****headz like you.

Realwood

It was a great report, dont worry about the 13 year old. :roll:

It's nice to hear that RVP is playing well. I havent seen him play yet but I'm looking foward to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom