• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Burnley vs Arsenal | 02/12/08

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski 5
Hoyte 5
Rodgers 2
Silvestre 3
Gibbs 4
Wilshere 5
Randall 2
Ramsey 5
Merida 3
Bendtner 4
Vela 4

Lansbury 6
Simpson 5
Bischoff 4

nazo

Established Member
Re: Burnley vs Arsenal Match Ratings

There's no point, everyone who started was really bad. Lansbury looked good though.

IBL

Established Member

Bleh

Fabianski 5 - shaky
Hoyte 5 - decent second half
Rodgers 3 - poor guy
Silvestre 3 - why was he running away from the ball?!
Gibbs 4 - lacked discipline
Wilshere 5 - kept getting fouled
Randall 3 - I still dont know what his point is
Ramsey 4 - all over the place
Merida 3 - too many hollywood passes
Bendtner 2 - sloppy, slow, cumbersome
Vela 4 - nothing coming off for him

Lansbury 6 - solid
Simpson 5 - tried
Bischoff 4 - n/a

giuliob

Average=5

Fabianski 5
Hoyte 5
Rodgers 3
Silvestre 4
Gibbs 5
Wilshere 4
Randall 5
Ramsey 4
Merida 4
Bendtner 5
Vela 4

Lansbury 6
Simpson 5
Bischoff 5

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Fabianski - 5 - another up and down performance.

Gibbs - 5 - not great defensively, and didnt really get forward much.
Silvestre - 4 - not the calming influence he should have been.
Rodgers - 2 - oh dear
Hoyte - 5 - okay

Merida - 6 - Some great moments, mixed in with some youthful inexperiened moments.
Randall - 1 - shocking, can we sell him now.
Ramsey - 4 - lost the midfield battle, tries to do to much sometimes.
Wilshere - 5 - targeted by the Burnley players, which hindered him, still some good movements creating space.

Bendtner - 3 - didnt want to be there, woeful finishing.
Vela - 4 - tried, but struggled to get into the game.

Lansbury - 6 - decent
Simpson - 5 - direct
The Hoff - N/A

Lukazan

Established Member

Fabianski 3

Hoyte 4
Rodgers 3
Silvestre 4
Gibbs 5

Wilshere 4
Randall 4
Ramsey 2
Merida 4

Bendtner 3
Vela 4

Lukazan

Established Member

Yeah, no way was Ramsey better than Randall. Infact I think Ramsey was our worst player on the pitch by far. I'm a big fan of the lad but his performance tonight was nothing short of tragic. I don't think he did a thing right the whole 90 mins, aside from a nice pass with the outside of the foot.

ricky1985

Established Member

Fabiasnki - 6. Made one bad decision, and mishandled a couple of times. Made two or three good saves, and is quite exceptional at sweeping up, behind the back four.

Hoyte - 7. Did nothing wrong for me. He has a chance of making it here. He did well when moved to centreback as well.

Rodgers - 3. Would say he is a League 2 player at best to be honest. He doesnt have the ability to make it here, irrespective of his attitude or commitment (which looked great).

Silvestre - 5. Didnt play very well. Did the minimum he could get away with, and that performance told me he is seriously pissed at being dropped from the first XI.

Gibbs - 7. This kid has great ability. He could be a phenomenal left back in the future. Has everything, barring top level tactical awareness, but he is 18 so he can learn. His attitude looks tremendous to be honest. He is exactly the sort of player I want our squad to be filled with in 3 years time. A young London lad, with a hunger and desire to win in Arsenal's colours.

Wilshere - 5. Poorest I have seen him play. He couldnt get into the game. No time or space and Burnley had clearly done their howmework on him. He will learn from this and come back stronger I am sure. Another thing is he isnt showing everyone what a phenomenal dribbler he is at the moment. He can carry the ball at high speeds and has the most amazing close control. He hasnt quite got the confidence to really go for it yet. He is 16 so it is more than understandable.

Ramsey - 6. Similar to Wilshere, just wouldnt happen for him. He showed some flashes of quality that no one other than Wilshere on the pitch could match. His passing and vision are stupidly good for a 17 year old. Needs to take tonight and study every aspect of it, like he undoubtedly did the Wigan game, and learn from every mistake.

Randall - 5. Dont want be too harsh on him, because he is young and inexperienced. I just have a personal dislike for him, which is crazy because I have only seen him play ten times. His arrogance really rubs me up the wrong way. His head dropped badly after they scored. He has talent though, just not the right attitude to make it at the very top for me.

Merida - 6. Really restored my faith in him tonight, as it had been waning for a while now. He has an great left foot, and his vision is extremely good. I am not sure where he will play though, because he doesnt have the pace for a wide position. I liked his drive and desire though. His head did not drop, he will learn and come back stronger. He has the right character for top level football.

Vela - 6. Found out what a tough night up north was all about. It was freezing, they were markign him tightly, the keeper was on drugs (in a good way), and he couldnt rise above it. He will though. His attitude is his greatest strength, and that is saying something, because he has some frightening strengths.

Bendtner - 5. Tonight shows why Niklas will never make it at this great club. I am telling you slate him till the cows come home, but he has talent in spades. He can run, he can pass, he can head, he can finsih, he is immensley intelligent, but he doesnt have the drive. The fire in his belly. When he needs to prove a point he is almost impossible to deal with. He was in the comfort zone tonight. Like Alfonso said in another thread, who on earth does he think he is crusing through tonight? He has won nothing, and achieved nothing of any real note....and unfortunately he never will, with the attitude he has.

Subs

Lansbury - 7. Looked extremely impressive when he came on. His pace, passing and movement were really promising. Where would he play though?

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member

Fabianski 5
Gibbs 6.5
Silvestre 5
Rodgers 4
Hoyte 6
Merida 7
Randall 6
Ramsey 5
Wilshere 6
Vela 6
Bendtner 6

Lansbury 7

General

Established Member

I thought Merida showed his class, although physically he still has some way to go. Singlehandedly took out the entire Burnley defence. A few inches to the left and that would've been a wonder goal. Certainly one of the positive performers.

SimplyFabregas said:
Fabianski - 5 - another up and down performance.

Gibbs - 5 - not great defensively, and didnt really get forward much.
Silvestre - 4 - not the calming influence he should have been.
Rodgers - 2 - oh dear
Hoyte - 5 - okay

Merida - 6 - Some great moments, mixed in with some youthful inexperiened moments.
Randall - 1 - shocking, can we sell him now.
Ramsey - 4 - lost the midfield battle, tries to do to much sometimes.
Wilshere - 5 - targeted by the Burnley players, which hindered him, still some good movements creating space.

Bendtner - 3 - didnt want to be there, woeful finishing.
Vela - 4 - tried, but struggled to get into the game.

Lansbury - 6 - decent
Simpson - 5 - direct
The Hoff - N/A

Very balanced. I'd go with this.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Fabianski: 4

Gibbs: 6
Silvestre: 3
Rodgers: 4
Hoyte: 5

Merida: 5
Randall: 5
Ramsey: 5
Wilshere: 6

Bendtner: 5
Vela: 5

Lansbury: 6
Simpson: 4
Hoff: 5

Funny thing is that Bendtner could easily had been man of the match if Vela and Randall hadn't fluffed their chances. That was two should-have-been assists right there. Now he just looks really bad because of all the misses he made himself.

number_0

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Fabianski: 4

Gibbs: 6
Silvestre: 3
Rodgers: 4
Hoyte: 5

Merida: 5
Randall: 5
Ramsey: 5
Wilshere: 6

Bendtner: 5
Vela: 5

Lansbury: 6
Simpson: 4
Hoff: 5

Funny thing is that Bendtner could easily had been man of the match if Vela and Randall hadn't fluffed their chances. That was two should-have-been assists right there. Now he just looks really bad because of all the misses he made himself.

its 3 acually, gibbs took a heavy touch when he coulve been through on goal and we missed that opportunity.
I thought vela, ramsey and Silvestre were horrible, and Wilshere was pushed too easily off the ball, Randall was alright, except the moments of crazyness he had regularly, like how he was in fault for the goal, a horrible profomance really but i can see the potential of a solid player there.

lagos

Established Member

it's the kids, they had a bad night, **** happens.

Bendtner & Sylvestre were dissapointing though

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

number_0 said:
its 3 acually, gibbs took a heavy touch when he coulve been through on goal and we missed that opportunity.
Forgot about that one. Yeah, if they'd converted those chances he'd probably be thought as highly of as Wilshere around here. He did miss a lot of clear chances himself though, which lowers the rating of his performance. But if there's one thing to extract it's the potential he showed. With Adebayor next to him he'd likely be looking at a hattrick in assists in this game. I think he's showing the right signs. He can be so ****ing frustrating to look at sometimes that it drives me mad, though.

DOUBLE-YOU

why is it every time we lose, every player is gets a ridiculously low mark.
lets not forget these are very young players with little to no experience. we went away and dominated possession. we had SIX clear one on ones. we weren't that bad. burnley are 4th in the championship and have a very good home record. (not to mention they drew with chelsea at chelsea and beat fulham)

randall wasn't that bad, however he was to blame for both goals. rogers wasn't brilliant but this was his debut. i remember 1 mistake and a few long balls ala toure. both receive 5

vela looked like he didn't want to be there. i expected bendtner to lead the troops. he had more experience but he just made up numbers. both receive 5

everyone else put in a decent performance.

dbig

Pepe LeFrits said:
Fabianski 5
Gibbs 6.5
Silvestre 5
Rodgers 4
Hoyte 6
Merida 7
Randall 6
Ramsey 5
Wilshere 6
Vela 6
Bendtner 6

Lansbury 7

I could go with this. We weren't bad, just not as good as the last game. If Bendtner had put in his first (or even second) chance, everyone here would probably be wanking over another drubbing handed out by our kids.

arsmile

Established Member

fab-4- nothing was sticking, bad for the first goal

hoyte-5- alright i suppose

rodgers-4- not completely awful

silvestre-4- not awful but should have done more to calm the lads down and get them playing- not take stupid long shots in the last 5 minutes

gibbs-5- ok

wilshere-6- thought he was good

randall-5.5- apart fortm the goal- thought he was probably our best player- but the goal, the goal was awful

ramsey-3- diddnt turn up

merida-4- dotn know how he lasted the 90 with that performance

vela-3- rubbish finishing and not much else

bendtner-2- as much credit as i give him for getting in the positions, i could have scored a hatrick from thsoe opportunities, awful frrm one of our most experienced players

lansbury-6- thought he was good, i worry he will lack the technique to make in in midfield here though

simpson/bischoff-4- no effect.

oh well, there's an experience for them- probably wont see half of them again untill the cc next season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom