• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 14/04/07

Gurgen

Established Member
jay-d said:
Gurgen said:
Gallas 5 - Decided to mark the goal line instead of Anelka.

To be fair if he had kept it out, everyone would have been talking about his great anticipation and reading of the game, Willy was no way deserving of a 5 today.

I think he was. At his age he should know that marking your man comes first and clearing off the line comes second, especially when that man is the very same person who is shooting on goal.

Jameel46

Established Member
Lehmann - 6

Clichy - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Toure - 7
Eboue - 6

Rosicky - 8.5
Fabregas - 8
Gilberto - 6.5
Hleb - 6

Ljungberg - 6
Adebayor - 7
---------------------
Diaby - 6
Baptits - 5

otfgoon

Established Member
Jens: 5

Eboue: 6, not quite there defensively yet but going forward he was useful

Kolo: 6, dont know what he was doing for the goal, rest of the game he was great

Gallas: 6, not seen it properly but if it was a intentional hand ball on the line he's a lucky boy.

Clichy: 6, did not have much to do, but poor distribution letting him down.

Rosicky: 9, possibly his best performance in an Arsenal shirt. If he can reproduce that first half display consistantly and for 90mins he will be a star next season.

Cesc: 8, best performance in a long long time. That goal really seemed to take a load off his shoulders, as seen in his celabrations.

Gilberto: 7, started the game with the same distribution problems but it didnt last, solid defensively.

Hleb: 6, gave the ball away too often but won it back a fair few times and created a few openings.

Freddie: 7, worked his arse off, great movement, still no end product but created loads of space for others.

Ade: 7.5, his performance today not being appreciated enough, worked his arse off, stopped countless Bolton moves before they started, and also linked play really well. Missed another easy chance though, and its what will cost him his place in the first team.

Lev

Jens 6.5 - Thought he did well to collect from the set pieces, and really kept the team from panicking by doing so (althought he mis cued 1 or 2)

Eboue 6 - I saw him trying today when he was upfield to get back, which i guess is an improvement. Not as effective as he can be, but overall a decent performance.

Toure 7 - Great game today, commanding in the air, controlling on the ground. Add to that 1 or 2 great strikes and theres an easy 7

Gallas 6 - Thought he did well AFTER we conceded. Made some good tackles at the back when Bolton hit us on the counter

Clichy 7 - He's a defender 1st, which is why iv given him a 7. Defensively he was fantastic (for a small and relatively 'weak' player), and hardly anything got past him. Offensively - crossing was poor, he made 2 today that i can remember and they were both terrib;e. Think he just gave up crossing after that

Hleb 7 - Thought Hleb was brilliant today. He helped Eboue out and worked hard for the team, and going foward he got things moving. He came into the centre a lot, maybe that was his instructions, but he did well, with good passing minus 1 or 2. Shouldv got on the score sheet

Cesc 7.5 - Iv been saying for a while that Cesc needs a break, but he didnt show it today. Great performance, what we expect of him, and we all felt relief when he scored.

Gilberto 7 - Did his job well, and made good passes.

Rosicky 8 - Fantastic 1st half, unbelieveable. Everything we did up front came from him, he was pure class. Dropped a bit in the 2nd, but for me he was still MOTM.

Freddie 7 - Im starting to see a bit of the old Freddy in the past 5 games or so. OK his pace isnt what it used to be, but hes now a useful player, making runs, and getting into decent positions. Worked hard today and deserved his standing ovation

Ade 7 - Worked his arse off, running about EVERYWHERE. Unfortunatly, he cant score to save his life. Had a golden opportunity today, and disappointed us all by hitting it at Jussi. But apart from his lack of goal scoring threat, everything else he did was good. Strong, good hold up play, good passing and overall a very good performance

dublingunner

Established Member
I'm surprised with the marks that Adebayor is getting. I've only seen the match once on a dodgy stream so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt but I don't think he deserved a 7.

Put it this way, if Cesc and Rosicky hadn't of scored, I bet everyone would be giving him 3 for missing that chance. And before anyone jumps in and says he set up the Rosicky goal, yeah I know but it was hardly a brilliant cross, Rosicky did great to make something of it.

otfgoon

Established Member
dublingunner said:
I'm surprised with the marks that Adebayor is getting. I've only seen the match once on a dodgy stream so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt but I don't think he deserved a 7.

Put it this way, if Cesc and Rosicky hadn't of scored, I bet everyone would be giving him 3 for missing that chance. And before anyone jumps in and says he set up the Rosicky goal, yeah I know but it was hardly a brilliant cross, Rosicky did great to make something of it.

So winning the ball countless times, linking up well, setting up Tomas, Freddie and Diaby, working hard all means nothing because he missed a chance?

I've spoken to 3 people who went to the game that thought Ade played really well.

JazzG

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
It was handball! He tried to punch the ball off the line. Shocking behaviour that's easily worse than diving imo. Lucky to get away with it.

Err no he didn't. His arm was out and ball came towards it at great pace and he was moving his arm away. I think he picked this up while at Chelsea ;)

otfgoon

Established Member
JazzG said:
Merida+Denilson said:
It was handball! He tried to punch the ball off the line. Shocking behaviour that's easily worse than diving imo. Lucky to get away with it.

Err no he didn't. His arm was out and ball came towards it at great pace and he was moving his arm away. I think he picked this up while at Chelsea ;)

He probably thinks its legal the amount of times Terry gets away with diving saves.

athreya74

Lehman - 6 Wouldn't blame him too much for the first goal but towards the end was uo to his usual theatrics on corners.

Eboue - 5.5 Complete lack of positional sense. He kept his maniac side hidden today thankfully.

Toure - 6.5 At fault for their first goal but had the gumption to move up and take one or two shots

Gallas - 6 Put in a few weak passes in the first half but improved as the game wore on

Clichy - 6.5 Didn't do much going forward but defended competently. And recovered smartly to foil Vaz Te on one occasion

Hleb - 6 Only for the way he played in Ade for our first goal. Otherwise his usual annoying performance. Gave away the ball a number of times and after the first shot took off his shooting boots. He really shirks his responsibility when it comes to finishing.

Cesc - 8 Took his goal well and was the source of most of our attacks in the first half.

Gilberto - 7 Nice pass to set up Cesc for the goal

Rosicky - 8 His goal was crucial as it allowed us to finish the first half strongly. Contribution dropped towards the end of the match.

Freddie - 7 Good work-rate and he came pretty close to connecting Cesc's cross early in the first half

Ade - 6.5 Has to improve his finishing. He alows himself to be intimidated by the keeper. Good work rate and all that but his primary role is to score goals.

Sus: Diaby -5.5 Missed a great chance but kept himself busy
Baptista - Why do we bother?

fab4girl

Lehmann - 6 - Seemed a bit lost sometimes

Clichy - 6.5- good defensively but should offer more going forward
Gallas - 7- was good but was involved in some nervy moments including their goal
Toure - 7 - see gallas
Eboue - 6 - Okish, should really start concentrating much mor

Rosicky - 8-very good performance overall.
Fabregas - 8 - very good performance..a cool goal
Gilberto - 7- some excellent tackles by him
Hleb - 6.5- he had a good game, was better defensively han offensively

Ljungberg - 6- did OK but he should stop missing those chances
Adebayor - 6.5- worked hard but still his first touched failed him a number of time

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Lehmann - 5 - Shakey and got himself booked needlessly again. How many is that now? He must be near a suspension now. A few good saves though.

Clichy - 6 - Decent defensively, disappointing going forward.

Gallas - 6 - Not his best game. Lucky Anelka's shot went over the line.

Toure - 6.5 - Not at his best defensively, but added some positive forward drive.

Eboue - 5 - He really needs to improve his concentration. I don't think his lack of sportsmanship will ever change.

Rosicky - 8 - Bright game, very lively. Made things happen and managed to finish for a change.

Fabregas - 8 - Ran the show in the second half, great finish too.

Gilberto - 6 - Ok, not really called upon.

Hleb - 6.5 - Better than previous games but still not great.

Ljungberg - 6.5 - Some good movement and worked hard for the team.

Adebayor - 7 - His touch let him down at key moments but worked tirelessly and made good opportunities for his teammates, including the cross for Rosicky's goal.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom