• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 29/04/07

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 3 Couple of decent saves but he deserves no let-off for his mistake. He wasn't required to come out, yet did and messed up big time. Knew something like that was coming too tbh.

Clichy - 7 Finally putting in some decent balls. Defended and got forward well.

Toure - 6 Solid, although I could have been too with the way Fulham played.

Gallas - 6 ^

Eboue - 5.5 Quiet, which is very strange for Eboue. A few very rash tackles.

Diaby - 5 So-so performance which is all you can expect in a position he obviously doesn't favour.

Gilberto - 6 Mopped up well and scored a great penalty. Will have harder days than the lacklustre Fulham though.

Fabregas - 7 Typical Fabregas. Pulled the strings.

Hleb - 6.5 Great first half. Faded in the second half badly until he was moved over to the left where he instantly came to life.

Adebayor - 6 One shocking miss and a great finish. Sums Adebayor up really.

Baptista - 4 Good opening goal but after that he was horrid tbh. Continually makes the wrong decisions.

Denilson - 6 Couldn't for the life of me see the point in him coming on but he did what he had to do I guess.

Invincible

Established Member
Lehmann - 3
Toure - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 9 MOTM
Eboue - 7
Gilberto - 6
Fabregas - 6
Hleb - 6
Diaby - 6
Baptista - 5
Adebayor - 8

Denilson - 6

IBL

Established Member
Agree with Lukazade's ratings except I'd give Ade a 7 as he made one, scored one and generally worked hard during the game.

otfgoon

Established Member
Mad Jens - 4. Crazy bastard.

Eboue - 6. Solid.

Kolo - 6. Solid.

Gallas - 6. Solid

Clichy - 7. Terrific, better with his distribution.

Hleb - 7. Good performance, best in a long long time, faded like everyone else for around 30mins but overall he was great.

Cesc -6. Solid, great ball for Ade.

Gilberto - 6. Solid defensively, sloppy on the ball.

Diaby - 6. Solid even though out of position, done well for the 3rd.

Baptista - 4/5. Scored 1, missed 3, gave the ball away too often. Better than recent performances but still not good enough.

Ade - 7. Great performance.

Denilson did well.

Overall maybe a little kind as we really were piss poor for around 35mins of that second half. Job done though.

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann - 4
Eboue - 6
Toure - 6
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 7.5
Hleb - 6.5
Cesc - 7
Gilberto - 6.5
Diaby - 6
Baptista - 5
Ade - 7

Denilson - 6

Lukazan

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Agree with Lukazade's ratings except I'd give Ade a 7 as he made one, scored one and generally worked hard during the game.

Was that intentional?

Better of been, sunshine!

IBL

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Ice Berg legend said:

Was that intentional?

Better of been, sunshine!
I blame the bottle of Lukozade i was drinking at the time ;)

gunnerGH

Established Member
Lehmann - 5
Eboue - 6
Toure - 6
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 7
Cesc - 7 MOM
Gilberto - 6.5
Diaby - 6
Baptista - 5
Adabaday - 7

Denilson - 6

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann 4 - One word: Clown.
Eboue 6 - Average performance.
Toure 6 - Okay
Gallas 6 - ^
Clichy 8 - Great performance down the left. Was good in both attack and defence.
Hleb 6.5 - Better first half. Was lively at times Got an assist (penalty).
Fabregas 6.5 - Was alright. Got the assist.
Gilberto 6 - Meh... scored a penalty.
Diaby 5.5 - Hardly noticed him, though I won't blame him as he was stuck on the left. Not his position.
Adebayor 7 - Scored a vital goal. Missed another sitter though.
Baptista 5 - Didn't do much other than getting a goal. Should've scored another.

Denilson 6 - No impact. Pointless sub.

kooldawg

Established Member
Damn i cant believe some of the ratings here :p

Gilberto getting a 7??
Baptista a 4 hehe.

My ratings:

Lehmann: 5 Didnt have much to do and when he did he screwed it up.
Eboue: 5 nothing special
Toure: 5 nothing special again
Gallas: 6 is getting better
Clichy: 6 Above average game for him, liked his forward runs though, too bad end product sucked.
Hleb: 7 faded a bit in 2nd half but all round good performance, nearlyhad 2 assists too. Also prob would have scored had he not been brought down.
CEsc: 6 Average game by his standards, looks a bit tired imo.
Gilberto: 5 did absolutely nothing but give the ball away to the opponents through some horrible passing. Defensively was nothing special as well. only saving grace was the nicely taken penalty.
Diaby: 5 pretty much invisible for most of the game
Baptista: 6 He looks a lot better than in the previous games and his goal gives him a 6, he should have gotten atleast 1 more goal.
Ade: 8 My MOTM, even though he missed that sitter he created the 1st goal and his beauty of a second goal show us what he's capable of. I have my doubts about ade, but if he can finish like that more often he will be just what we need.

Denilson: 5 Didnt have an impact, wouldnt go as far as to say useless sub, the teams overall lackluster tempo probably put him on a backfoot as well.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Lehmann 4
Clichy 7
Toure 6.5
Gallas 6.5
Eboue 6
Gilberto 6.5
Fabregas 7
Diaby 5
Hleb 5.5
Baptista 5
Adebayor 7.5 MOTM

Grampus_Eight

Lehmann - 4.
Everything's already been said.

Eboue - 6.
Was effected by an absurd booking, but also committed a seperate needless foul outside the box as well

Toure - 6.5
Not tested, but did well. Got forward nicely on a couple of occassions as well.

Gallas - 6.
Not quite as assurred as Toure today, but hardly put a foot wrong.

Clichy - 7.
Very good performance, but did not face quality opposition either. None the less, Gael's great to watch, incredibly bright and honest. Needs to somehow improve his heading though - bulk up a bit, perhaps get some jump shoes...

Hleb - 7
Thought he had a great first half. Very positive. Faded, but came back to life. Won the penalty with a great stutter step. Also set up a great chance that Adebayor couldn't convert. Well done to you Aleks.

Gilberto - 6.5
Not called on to do much, but did well. Expertly taken penalty.

Fabregas - 6
Thought he was a bit subdued today. Pulled the strings throughout the first half, but looked tired in the second half, hopefully back to his best against the Chavs. And this time his conquering performance of Fat Frank gets its just reward.

Diaby - 6
Found it difficult to impact preceedings from the left. When he came more central towards the end of the match, grew in impact and appetite. Outstanding awareness to pick out Hleb.

Baptista - 5.5
Puts himself in great positions. Once he controls the ball often picks out really nice passes. But still isn't clinical in front of goal. A shame as he could have had a first half hat-trick. Don't know what will happen with him. Wouldn't be shocked if his loan is somehow extended until January if Arsène can't bring in a top class striker.

Adebayor - 8.
Man of the match. Outstanding effort (as usual). Missed a couple of good chances, but Ade has talent and he has desire. Puts defenses under pressure and can come up with something out of nothing.

Chaulked up another assist as well today. A goal against Chelsea would do him a world of confidence just like his one against United earlier in the season.

2 more goals brings him to double digits in the league.

Biggus

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Viper said:
Denilson 6 - No impact. Pointless sub.

It got Baptista off, what more can you ask for?

Heh heh from one of my previous tirades in the Hleb thread, re: the Man city game.

Biggus said:
Hleb put it on a plate for him....even the ox in the box couldn't miss from there, But it would have been better for his confidence if he could put it away himself. As it is Bappytits has the confidence injection- he'll now probably get a couple a game for the rest of the season, Wenger will give him a 5 year contract and we're stuck with him....Thanks for f**kin nothing Hleb

I think people are placing too much emphasis on the Jens miscalculation.....Don't forget we should have been 4-0 up at half time. We all knew Fulham would equalise (no brainer :roll: ) and they were unlucky not to get a point.

Biggus

Established Member
Your whim is my command.

Lehmann 5....got bored- rush of blood.

Clichy 8....has been improving for a while.

Toure 7.

Gallas 6.

Eboue 6.

Gilberto 6

Fabregas 7.

Diaby 5....a dissapointment.

Hleb 5....same old same.

Baptista 6.....well I suppose he scored.

Adebayor 8.....gets caught offside too much, but like Clichy is improving.

Denilson 5.

longrufus

Established Member
Have to start with my sheer annoyance at the game yesterday. The first 30mins were great, we passed well, had good movement, and Fulham had no answer to us. Andy Gray summed it up rather well in that those 30mins were the story of our whole season, great play but cant put the ball in the net.

I know we have nothing to play for but we should be putting far more effort in. After the first 30mins we were so lackluster, there was no urgency in our play and we were lathargic.

A fellow Gooner said to me, "sure it doesnt matter, we will up our game when we play a bigger team".

At which i was outraged, the players should perform to their upmost ability when they put on an Arsenal shirt. A few exceptions to this i feel were Clichy and Ade. Who were not succesful in everything they did but worked tirelessly throughout.

Lehmann - 4
What were you thinking, not for the first time this season (Alex goal, PSV). Its GK 101, if you go for a cross or a high ball, you need to be 110% confident you can win it, otherwise you should stay on your line. We really should be looking at replacements, GK's can go downhill fast.

Eboue - 6
Was decent today, got foward well but a few mistakes going the other way.

Toure - 6
Solid today, not much asked of him.

Gallas - 6
Same as Toure, solid, not much asked of him

Clichy - 8
Superb game, played a high tempo throughout, was good going back and great going foward. Made countless interceptions. Needs to work on his final ball a bit. Great cutback pass, to pick Ade out.

Hleb - 5
Great on the ball but he holds on to it far too long at times, he should be looking for the earlier pass or think about shooting every once in a while. Frustrating at times.

Cesc - 7
Dictated the play from an early stage, got foward well.Good performance but guilty of taking his foot off the gas.

Gilberto - 6
Solid, not much work to do really as we were in control for most of the game.

Diaby - 6
He is out of position out on the left side, would have liked to see him play centrally at the expense of Gilberto, we didnt need a DM in this game. He looked for the easy ball down the line to Ade to often.

Baptista - 4
What is the deal with this guy, he scores a very good goal, and i thought, finally, we might see the real Beast. I was wrong, he does not look confident at all. Unless he is a god in training, i cant see him staying here.

Ade - 8
Going to be a big player for us next season, he plays with so much energy. An absolute nightmare player for defenders. Strong, quick, skillful, good on the ball, good in the air, a good finisher (at times!!!) and never stops running. His goal was fantastically taken, and his set up for the first was great play. In my opinion his poor finishing at times is more to do with his composure and confidence as opposed to his ability.

Subs
Denilson - 6
Didnt really have time to do much, but one for the future.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom