• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 16/12/06

IBL

Established Member
Final score 2-2

Havent seen the game yet but would like to see how you guys rated the players for this match

nazo

Established Member
I'm going to ignore the first half (everyone a 5) and put the second half ratings.

Lehmann - 6
Eboue - 6
Toure - 7
Djourou - 6
Clichy - 9
Theo - 8
Cesc - 6
Gilberto - 7
Hleb - 7
Robin - 6
Ali - since he didn't play much in the second half, nothing.
Ade - 8
Flamini - 6

Meek

Lehmann 6
Eboue 6
Djourou 7
Toure 7
Clichy 7
Ljunberg (off injured to early)
Fabregas 6
Gilberto 7
Hleb 6
Van Persie 6
Aliadiere 6

Subs

Walcott 8
Adebayor 8
Flamini (not on long enough)

Christofaux

Lehmann 5
Eboue 7
Toure 5
Djourou 6
Clicky 8
Walcott 8
Fabregas 5
Gilberto 8
Hleb 7
Van persie 7
Aliadiere 7

Adebayor 9
Flamini 7

Didnt see freddy play, as in i watched the game from 15 minute mark onwards.

qs

Established Member
Lehmann - 6
Eboue - 7
Toure - 8
Djourou - 7
Clichy - 7
Theo - 7
Cesc - 7
Gilberto - 8
Hleb - 6
Robin - 5
Ali - 5
Ade - 8
Flamini - 6

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Lehmann: 6 - Very happy man today, not his usual self (strange). Ok, you can probably blame him for the first goal but nothing he could do with the second. Other than that, he didn't had much to do.
Eboue: 6 - I've seen him put better performances. But he was ok
Toure: 7 - Well focused, that is until we conceded both goals. Then, looked focused again. Very threatening going froward too.
Djorou: 7 - Calm and composed. But needs to be more agressive
Clichy: 8 - Very energetic. Ran non-stop for the full 90 minutes. Stayed with his man very tight. But his speed was sensational.
Ljunberg: n/a - meh
Gilberto: 8 - Credit for scoring the equaliser. Saved our arses yet again. Captain magnifico
Cesc: 5 - Very quiet match for him. Looked very rusty, probably needs a rest.
Hleb: 7 - Should have scored a few today, needs to work on his finishing.
RVP: 7 - Seriously, he should have scored but opted to score the perfect goal and what happens, wasted that chance.
Ali: 5 - didn't do much mistakes biut didn't gave much impact either. Needs to play more games, not looking sharp at the moment.

Theo: 8 - Superb! credit to him for the two assists but when he came on, we looked a very different team. Has good pace, but still needs to work on his finishing, decision makings and composure.
Ade: 8 - Gave hope to the team and the fans. Again, a briliant performance from Ade.
Flamini: 4 - didnt had much to do.

Soler

Established Member
Lehmann: 6
Eboue: 6
Toure: 7
Djourou: 6
Clichy: 7
Ljungberg: N/A
Fabregas: 5
Gilberto: 7.5
Hleb: 6
van Persie: 6
Aliadiere: 4

Walcott: 8
Adebayor: 9 (man of the match)
Flamini: 6

Gryphon

I'm going to ignore the first half (everyone a 5) and put the second half ratings.

getting to be a routine isn't it :(
off the top of my head -
clichy - 7- good game
toure-6.5- what a strike
walcott - 7.5-in and out in the first half burst into life again in the second tremendous prospect
adebayor -8- is ti fair to rate a sub so high ?? made a big impact now i am afraid that he'll burn himselfout :wink: atleast he made up for his misses against them last season
van persie, hleb etc-OK - 6

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gs's ratings are about right for me .

Positives - the way we played in the 2nd half , just about the most quickest most potent half of football we have played at the emirates.

Sublime and wasteful - RVP did some wonderful things and wasted some absolute sitters that .

qs

Established Member
celestis said:
Sublime and wasteful - RVP did some wonderful things and wasted some absolute sitters that .

robin had a very poor first half. in the second he showed his skill but it had no end product, his decision making was poor and he played well below his ability. Id say it was his worst game in months.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lehmann 5
Eboue 6
Toure 6
Djourou 6
Clichy 6
Gilberto 7
Fabregas 6
Hleb 5
Walcott 6
van Persie 5
Aliadiere 5

Adebayor 7

sabret00the

Established Member
qs said:
celestis said:

robin had a very poor first half. in the second he showed his skill but it had no end product, his decision making was poor and he played well below his ability. Id say it was his worst game in months.
no end product? he started the move for one of the goals and another move he started almost resulted in a goal. he tested the keeper a couple times and in short i disagree. seriously i'm not ecstatic about the performance, but for someone who's been made to play against his instincts and is often forced to drop deep to link up play in the absense of midfield presence high up the pitch. he had a good game. not an 8 but definitely not a 5 or 6.

sabret00the

Established Member
bazza_afc said:
And he missed 3 chances he should have scored
indeed but that's a training issue and hopefully it will be rectified. i'm certain that the boy can be clinical but at the moment the balance is messed up. too much emphasis on his link-up/team play and not enough on his goal scoring/getting.

basically we NEED some of last years Robin back.

G0D

Almighty
sabret00the said:
bazza_afc said:
indeed but that's a training issue and hopefully it will be rectified. i'm certain that the boy can be clinical but at the moment the balance is messed up. too much emphasis on his link-up/team play and not enough on his goal scoring/getting.

:lol: The fact that he missed those chances is because of the training? You don't just lose the ability to put the ball into the net.

sabret00the

Established Member
G0D said:
sabret00the said:
bazza_afc said:

:lol: The fact that he missed those chances is because of the training? You don't just lose the ability to put the ball into the net.
The ability? no. The mentality that guides that ability? yes. If you're not scoring in training then how are you to be expected to score in real matches?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom