• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 16/12/06

bazza_afc

sabret00the said:
G0D said:
sabret00the said:
bazza_afc said:
And he missed 3 chances he should have scored
indeed but that's a training issue and hopefully it will be rectified. i'm certain that the boy can be clinical but at the moment the balance is messed up. too much emphasis on his link-up/team play and not enough on his goal scoring/getting.

basically we NEED some of last years Robin back.
:lol: The fact that he missed those chances is because of the training? You don't just lose the ability to put the ball into the net.
The ability? no. The mentality that guides that ability? yes. If you're not scoring in training then how are you to be expected to score in real matches?

How do you know what they do in training?

sabret00the

Established Member
bazza_afc said:
sabret00the said:
G0D said:
sabret00the said:
bazza_afc said:
And he missed 3 chances he should have scored
indeed but that's a training issue and hopefully it will be rectified. i'm certain that the boy can be clinical but at the moment the balance is messed up. too much emphasis on his link-up/team play and not enough on his goal scoring/getting.

basically we NEED some of last years Robin back.
:lol: The fact that he missed those chances is because of the training? You don't just lose the ability to put the ball into the net.
The ability? no. The mentality that guides that ability? yes. If you're not scoring in training then how are you to be expected to score in real matches?

because you don't go from being clinical to the point you're described by the manager as "the most clinical striker at the club" to being a sheer link up player unless you're trained to that point

Biggus

Established Member
Lehmann 6
Eboue 6
Toure 7....Sort those set-pieces Kolo
Djourou 6
Clichy 6
Gilberto 9...Captain fantastic
Fabregas 6
Hleb 5
Walcott 8....Keep it up Theo
van Persie 6
Aliadiere.....Was he playing?
Adebayor 9....Brilliant

kamikaze80

Established Member
well, robin's linking up much better this season than last. if this season is a consolidation season and the next (hopefully as soon as the new year) is when he puts the team play and his scoring skills together, then i'm ok with it.

personally, i think wenger's doing the right thing long-term in making robin strengthen his weaknesses. he'll be a 20 goal, 10 assist guy for us soon, i have little doubt of that.

as for the game, clichy owned the left flank in the 2nd half. he understandably ran out of steam at the end. really hope he can stay healthy.

G0D

Almighty
sabret00the said:
bazza_afc said:
sabret00the said:
G0D said:
The fact that he missed those chances is because of the training? You don't just lose the ability to put the ball into the net.

because you don't go from being clinical to the point you're described by the manager as "the most clinical striker at the club" to being a sheer link up player unless you're trained to that point
That's just speculation on your part, if he's being trained to link-up play better that doesn't mean that he wont do any training on putting the ball into the net, it's stupid to think that. Basically you can clutch at as many straws as you like but it is the player who missed the chances and it's his fault that he missed them. Playing on the wing will do him good in the long term, i'd think most people would be able to see it (well those without tinted specs anyway).

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann 5
Eboue 6
Toure 7
Djourou 6
Clichy 7
Hleb 7
Fabregas 7
Gilberto 8
Ljungberg ...
Aliadiere 5
Van Persie 6

Adebayor 8
Walcott 8

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann 6
eboue 7
toure 8
djourou 6.5
clichy 7.5
gilberto 8
cesc 6.5
hleb 6
freddie 0
rvp 6
ali 6

subs
walcott 7
ade 8
flamini 5.5

Mr Wolf

I think that most of the ratings that I red are too generous. We have played an average game, like many others this season, with an awful first half; we have suffered two silly goals: only Clichy has played over mediocrity; Walcott didn'y play bad even if he has showed a certain lack of consistence near the goal, maybe he still must mature a little bit..... Anyhow, it's quite clear that this is a season of transition before starting a new winning cycle.....

Jameel46

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 (no chance with both goals)
Toure - 7
Djourou - 6
Eboue - 6
Clichy - 7
Ljungberg - 5.5 (wasn't on long enough)
Gilberto - 8
Fabregas - 6.5
Hleb - 7
VP - 7.5 (everything but the end product)
Aliadiere - 6.5 (was okay, too similar to VP to partner him)

Walcott - 7.5
Adebayor - 8.5
Flamini - 7

Top Bottom