• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 02/12/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6. ok. dropped the ball once, but was never really put to the test.

eboue - 6. decent.

toure - 7. solid.

djourou - 6. decent.

clichy - 7. handled lennon quite well, but his passing was a bit sloppy at times.

freddie - 6,5. made a few good runs, got stuck in and wasn't too bad on the ball either. ok.

gilberto - 7,5. strong performance and scored two goals.

cesc - 8,5. very good performance. dominated the midfield. won countless challenges with zokora, great passing and movement off the ball.

rosicky - 6,5. good movement off the ball and a couple of sweet touches. still a bit rusty after just recently returning from injury.

van persie - 6,5. a few good touches, but held on to the ball a bit too long at times and played too deep. worked hard and got us a penalty. ok performance.

adebayor - 8,5. very strong performance. scored a good goal, held on to the ball well and linked up well with others. i liked his movement off the ball as well.

hleb - 6,5. played fairly well, but didn't really impose himself on the match that much.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann 6.5 - had nothing to do. almost gift them a goal by dropping the ball. gotta stop influenced by others in corners.

eboue 7.5 - very good today.

Toure 8.5 - king kolo as usual

Djourou 8 - what a game

Clichy 8 - another having a wonderful game as well.

Gilberto 7.5 - scored 2 penalties, commanding as captain

Cesc 8 - very good performance in CM

Ljungberg 6.5 - 2 different halfs

Rosicky 7 - won us a penalty

Rvp 7.5 - won us a penalty otherwise good performance

Adebayor 9 - tireless performance. really a big match player for us. what a game!

Subs
Hleb 7
Baptista 6
Walcott 5

JMT

when you rate the subs do you rate them for the time you saw them...or rate them compared to the rest of the team? because what i saw of baptista in his short spell was good. should be a 7

lagos

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
lehmann 6.5 - had nothing to do. almost gift them a goal by dropping the ball. gotta stop influenced by others in corners.

eboue 7.5 - very good today.

Toure 8.5 - king kolo as usual

Djourou 8 - what a game

Clichy 8 - another having a wonderful game as well.

Gilberto 7.5 - scored 2 penalties, commanding as captain

Cesc 8 - very good performance in CM

Ljungberg 6.5 - 2 different halfs

Rosicky 7 - won us a penalty

Rvp 7.5 - won us a penalty otherwise good performance

Adebayor 9 - tireless performance. really a big match player for us. what a game!

Subs
Hleb 7
Baptista 6
Walcott 5

Agree except i'd give Ljunberg 7.5

ken_75

Mad Jens 6.5
Eboue 7
Clichy 6.5
Toure 8.5
Djourou 8
Fabregas 8.5
Gilberto 9
Rosicky 7
Ljungberg 7
Robin 7.5
Adebayor 8.5

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens - 6 - Not much to do but looked shaky on two occassions.

Eboue - 7 - Be a man for ****s sake, the rolling and moaning is too ****ing much.

Kolo - 8 - Very solid, loved it how he snapped at Jens.

Djourou - 7 - Solid performamce

Clichy - 7 - Much better from Gael. definately an improvement from recent weeks.

Rosicky - 7 - Played well especially in getting us a penalty.

Gilberto - 8 - Took the penalties well and once again was strong in defense. A good captains performance

Cesc - 8 - Controlled the midfield, made it look easy at times.

Freddie - 7 - Strong work rate as usual, moans a bit too much.

RVP - 7 - Well played from RVP, looks like a real team player than ever. Well done on winning us the penalty.

Ade - 9 - ****ing hell, what was Ade on today? He was everywhere doing everything, The finish for the goal was top class and the way he moved around and got involved was impressive. The reaction from the fans when he got subbed says it all.

Dennis10

KingReyes said:
Ade - 9 - f****g hell, what was Ade on today? He was everywhere doing everything, The finish for the goal was top class and the way he moved around and got involved was impressive. The reaction from the fans when he got subbed says it all.

The fans' reaction was touching. Must have felt so good for him, and he really deserved it.

It was almost surreal watching Arsenal with two hard working strikers...

liridon

lehmann - 6. ok. didnt have too much job to do

eboue - 7. did well.

toure - 7.5 solid.

djourou - 7. did well

clichy - 7.5 he really tried today

freddie- 8 i think he gave his maximum today

gilberto - 8. strong performance and scored two goals, and very good in tackles

cesc - 8,5. very good performance. dominated the midfield. won countless challenges with zokora, great passing and movement off the ball.

rosicky - 6,5.

van persie - 7.5

adebayor - 8,5 he really suprised me today.
hleb - 6,5. played fairly well, but didn't really impose himself on the match that much.

otfgoon

Established Member
Lehmann - 6. Nothing to do really, could have done better with the Jenas shot.

Eboue - 6. Really sloppy start, but got into the game as it went on. Loved the Carlos Alberto type shot :D

Toure - 7. Was solid today, put pressure on the ball and fully focused throughout, lets hope those two performances against Bolton and Fulham were one offs.

Djourou - 7. Again he was solid, comfartable on the ball as ever, looking like a real good player.

Clichy - 7. Best performance this season from the lad. No silly fouls, strong, and good coming forward.

Freddie - 6.5. As good as we can expect from Freddie, maybe. But he worked really hard, made a few good runs. Just needs to get that instinct back.

Gilberto - 7.5. Not for the brilliant penalties but he was always putting the Sp**s players under pressure. Also was a proper captain I thought.

Cesc Fab - 7.5. Was absolutely brillaint, again not really for the passing but for the work rate and closing down, won the ball a countless amount of times.

Rosicky - 6. Not really done anything bad, just quiet.

Robin - 7. Nothing particularly brilliant from the lad today apart from the freekick, but was solid on the ball and worked his socks off.

Ade - 9 (MOTM). Absolutely brilliant, worked hard as always but seemed so assured of himself for once. Easily his best performance in an Arsenal shirt for me.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 5 Not tested much but made a right mess of a few things.

Clichy - 7 Really good performance. Impressed me today, and despite my thread, I want him to continue to prove me wrong.

Djourou - 7.5 Great game, very solid.

Toure - 7 See above, although one or two misjudged headers.

Eboue - 6.5 Has to cut out the crap, diving and moaning, but had a decent game.

Freddie - 6.5 Worked hard, as always, and made things happen in the first half. Not as good on the left.

Gilberto - 8 Two perfect penalties and a monster performance. Seems to be the way when he's made captain.

Fabregas - 7.5 Much better performance. Controlled the midfield and won the ball back countless times.

Rosicky - 6 Looks slightly unfit and abit rusty but showed some nice touches and popped a few nice passes around.

RVP - 6.5 Not as involved as I or he would have liked but apart from releasing the ball late for Ade, did well when he had the ball. Also worked hard off it.

Adebayor - 7.5 Wonderful finish for his goal and worked incredibly hard. Also showed nice touches on the ball and also moved well off it. More of the same please, Ade..

Soler

Established Member
Lehmann: 6
Eboue: 6
Toure: 8.5
Djourou: 7
Clichy: 7
Ljungberg: 7
Gilberto: 8
Fabregas: 8
Rosicky: 6.5
van Persie: 6.5
Adebayor: 9

Hleb: 6.5
Baptista: 6.5
Walcott: 7

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Mad Jens 6.5 did have some flip-flops..
Eboue 7 - should be calmer
Clichy 7.5 - had some great runs
Toure 8 - very stable
Djourou 7 - some mistimed tackles
Fabregas 8.5 - had a great command over the midfield
Gilberto 9 - my MOTM, kept Berbatov in a complete shadow..
Rosicky 6.5 - still not fully recovered
Ljungberg 7.5 a better first half
Robin 8 - great although the second penalty wasn't fair.(handball:)
Adebayor 9 - made spuds defence feel uncomfortable

Hleb 8 - good ball control
Beast - 7.5 still needs time
Theo - 7 not enough time..

jester

Established Member
Freddie's best performance of the season. Ade worked really hard again (why not like this every game?!), and clichy kept lennon in his pocket.
The defence soaked up everything they had to offer.

sesquioxide

jester said:
Freddie's best performance of the season. Ade worked really hard again (why not like this every game?!), and clichy kept lennon in his pocket.
The defence soaked up everything they had to offer.

Now, I'm a fan of Adebayor, as can easily be seen in my posts.

But the inner cynic in me can't help but feel that the answer to your question, Jester, could possibly be "it's nice out in London today" ....

It would make for interesting reading to create a scatter plot of our average ratings (of each individual player) and the temperature during match day.

qs

Established Member
Jens 6 needs to quit winging at forwards
Eboue 7
Clichy 8 best game of the season for him.Had lennon in his pocket.
Toure 8 good solid game.
Djourou 7 solid didnt have much to do though
Fabregas 7 did alright worked hard
Gilberto 8 solid again and 2 good penos
Rosicky 7 we'll miss him midweek
Ljungberg 7 better than last week
Robin 8 linked up well. Looked good creatively. I liked the position he took up between midfield and Ade
Adebayor 8 very good performance and a well taken goal. Showed composure i didnt think he had

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lehmann 5.5
Eboue 6
Toure 7
Djourou 6.5
Clichy 6.5
Gilberto 7
Fabregas 6.5
Ljungberg 6.5
Rosicky 6
van Persie 7
Adebayor 8

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 6 - Dropped a cross and shot, can do better.

Eboue 7 - Good game from him, nothing special.

Toure 8 - All over Berbatov and apart from some mistimed aerial challenges a very good display.

Djourou 7 - Didn't notice him much and in his case that's good.

Clichy 8 - Much, much better from him. Got stuck in, used his pace and showed strength I didn't think he had. Keep it up!

Freddie 7 - His best game of the season, worked his arse off, made good runs and used the width of the pitch very well.

Cesc 8 - Excellent performance both offensively and defensively. Anyone who thinks he needs 'protection' in a 4-5-1 needs to see a doctor pronto.

Gilberto 8 - Good display from him, took his penalties very well too.

Rosicky 7 - Started badly but redeemed himself with some good runs and a dive that was very well executed :wink:

RvP 7 - Played for the team today and showed he can do that as well. Great work for the second penalty.

Ade 9 MOTM - A monster today. Scored a very good goal, worked incredibly hard and raped their defenders over and over again.

regele

Established Member
KingReyes said:
*shortened quote*
Jens - 6 Eboue - 7 Kolo - 8 Djourou - 7 Clichy - 7 Rosicky - 7 Gilberto - 8 Cesc - 8 Freddie - 7 RVP - 7 Ade - 9
Agree with that, except for Eboue and Rosicky who both deserved IMO a 6.5

RC8

Established Member
Lehmann - 7.5. Nothing to do, but was solid and intimidated Malbranque and Keane on corners.

Eboue - 7.5. Good game, it is nice to see he adds some fire to the team, as Lauren would probably react in a similar fashion to the challenges that were made on him.

Toure - 9. Great performance, amazing assist for Ade's first goal, and was defensively solid all game through.

Djourou - 8.5. Very solid, added on the attack, and made a couple great tackles. He defended well with his head as well on a couple occasions. This guy has exceptional talent.

Clichy - 7.5. His best performance so far. His passing was a bit off, but was solid in defense.

Ljungberg - 7.5. He worked hard and lead the team with his experience. Normally he falls easily, but this time he really got battered by the dirty Tottnumb players.

Gilberto - 8.5. Great captain, he was our invisible wall today, and his penalties were as good as any Henry has taken. Also when he grabbed the Tottenham player by the leg in order to prevent him from going on a one on one against Djorou he showed the passion I like to see in a player.

Fabregas - 8. Very good defensively and offensively. The high rating is not for what he did near the box, but rather about how he worked very well with Gilberto and ruled in midfield. His pass to Rosicky for the penalty was quality as well.

Rosicky - 7. Rusty, but he kept possession well and created a couple chances. He also reminded of Pires on an occasion or two.

Van Persie - 7. Worked hard, got us a penalty, and gave a couple of great passes for Ade. Excellent link up.

Adebayor - 9 (MOtM). Amazing, simply amazing. Magnificent finish for his goal, was always on dangerous positions, and showed the rest of the team how to shield the ball properly, as well as recovering at least 4 great balls.

Wenger- 9. He played 4-4-2 and made the team play more in their own half, creating spaces upfront for Ade to exploit. He created a great team spirit as well, and let the players know how much this game meant for us.

andyswafc

Lehmann 7
Eboue 7
Toure 7
Djourou 7
Clichy 7
Gilberto 8
Fabregas 7.5
Ljungberg 7.5
Rosicky 7
van Persie 7
Adebayor 8
Henry 7

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom