• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs West Brom. Albion | 15/04/06

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 No chance with goal, not alot else to do.

Eboue - 6.5 Glides past players so effortlessly.
Toure - 7 Solid
Senderos - 7 Solid
Flamini - 6 Steady. Really establishing himself.

Hleb - 6 Awesome goal but still looks tired to me.
Diaby - 4 Didn't appear to have a very good game. I'm not entirely sure.. didn't really see him much, and that for a CM, unless your name is Gilberto, is a very bad thing.
Gilberto - 6.5 Another good game.
Reyes - 6.5 Thought he was much better today than recently. Stayed on his feet more and didn't run down as many blind alleys. Long range passing is special at times.

Henry - 3.5 Thought he had a shocker tbh. Balls were bouncing off him all over the place and his passing was incredibly poor. Should have scored. Guilty of alot of things today, that would see him pulling faces and throwing his arms around if his team mates were guilty of the same. The .5 is for the part he played in the goal.. :D
RVP - 4 Poor. The battle to be Henry's first choice partner continues..

Adebayor - 5 No real impact.
Dennis - 7 Composure to pick out Pires and rolled back the years with a wonderful finish.
Pires - 6.5 Got the all important goal. Can't ask for more really..

Our passing was strangely crap today. Our through balls just wouldn't come off. There were many times when a good ball would have put someone through on goal but time and time again they were intercepted. We weren't great today and I think if we had been playing a decent side we wouldn't have gotten a result. We need to play much better than this against Sp**s.

James

Established Member
Despite the result, it wasn't the greatest of performances. We're going to have to pick it up against Villarreal and Sp**s. I was very disappointed in Diaby, but he picked up his performance in the second half. I didn't think Eboue had the greatest of games either.

Lehmann 6
Eboue 6
Toure 7
Senderos 6
Flamini 6
Hleb 7
Diaby 5
Gilberto 6
Reyes 6
Henry 5
RVP 5

Subs:
Adebayor 6
Pires 7
Bergkamp 7

After AW has come under a bit of stick recently, the substitutions really changed the game today. Dennis' touch and vision for Pires' goal was quality. Also a finish of old. He won us the game today.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I thought Diaby was pretty decent today, some good touches and runs.

Lehman-6
Phil-7
Toure-6
Eboue-6
Flamini-6
Diaby-6/7
Gilberto-5
Reyes-5.5
Hleb-6
Henry-5
RVP-4
Pires-7
Bennis-7

dublingunner

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 Did what was required.
Eboue 6 - Started well but some bad defensive errors, most notably leading to their goal.
Toure 7 - Generally sound, 1 or 2 errors also though. Needs a rest quick, one feels.
Senderos 7 - Also sound, but sloppy ball in first half could've been costly.
Flamini 7.5 - The usual energetic and reliable performance, would've been great to see him bury that shot.
Hleb 8 - Ball control excellent, his passing let him down a couple of times though. The goal makes up for it. My MOTM.
Diaby 7 - Thought he seemed solid if not outstanding.
Gilberto 7.5 - I thought he had a good game. Rock-like.
Reyes 7 - Moments of quality, and moments of disappointment. IOW the usual. Should have scored.
van Persie 6 - Disappointing.
Henry 6 - Off day. Should have scored.

Pires 7.5 - Goal well taken.
Adebayor 7 - Did well to help set up the Pires goal.
Bergkamp 8 - Set up a goal and scored one. Not bad for 20 minutes of play.

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann: 6
Eboue: 6
Toure: 7
Senderos: 7
Flamini: 6

Hleb: 7
Diaby: 6
Gilberto: 6
Reyes: 5

Henry: 5
Rvp: 5

Pires: 6
Bergy: 7
Ade: 6

Canadian Gooner

Lehmann - 6 - Didn't have much to do, and couldn't do much about the goal.

Eboue - 6.5 - I thought he played decent. A few good runs, and one that lead to the 3rd goal.
Toure - 7 - Was generally solid.
Senderos - 7 - Thought he played quite well today. He seemed composed in the back.
Flamini - 6.5 - Didn't play too badly. Set up the 2nd goal with his long ball.

Hleb - 7 - Well taken goal. At the beginning his touch seemed a tad off, but as the game went on he got better.
Gilberto - 7.5 - Great performance by him.
Diaby - 6 - He seemed very clumsy in the first half, and I hardly noticed him in the 2nd.
Reyes - 6.5 - Difficult performance for him. He tried hard, but nothing seemed to come off.

Henry - 6 - Wasn't overly involved. Had one glorious opportunity to score.
RvP - 6 - Not the best performance. He seemed like he wanted to do too much on his own. I hope he gets back into form soon.

Subs:
Adebayor - 7 - A few good touches, and did well to start the Pires goal.
Pires - 6.5 - Other than the goal I didn't notice him too much.
Bergkamp - 7.5 - For the time he was given, he did execllent. Scored one and set up another. He grabbed us the 3 points that we needed...and it all came on his day!

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6,5
solid throughout.

eboue - 5,5
excellent going forward, but has to take the blame for the conceded goal. very sloppy defending.

toure - 6,5
good to see toure back to his best again.

senderos - 6
solid, although did give the ball away a few times.

flamini - 6,5
good game. solid defending and willing to go forward.

hleb - 7
played very well. quick, took on defenders with ease and scored a beautiful goal. his passing was a bit inconsistant, but all in all a very good game.

gilberto - 6
solid

diaby - 4,5
is obviously a very talented player and pulls of a few superb moves and goes then completely awol for several minutes at a time...

reyes - 5,5
varies from superb to lousy within just a few minutes. glimpses of magic though.

van persie - 6
rusty, but his passing was pretty good. set up gilberto with a lovely curled pass in the first half. still needs match practice though.

henry - 5,5
a bit disappointing. missed a sitter and didn't look like his usual self. although, he still henry and was far from poor.

adebayor - 5,5
worked hard and set up pires nicely for what ultimately led to the goal.

pires - 6,5
played well and scored a good goal.

bergkamp - 6,5
sharp and scored a great goal.

Lehmann1

Lehmann - 6

Eboue - 5

Toure - 7

Senderos - 7

Flamini - 7.5

Hleb - 7

Diaby - 6

Gilberto - 6

Reyes - 7

Henry - 4.5

RVP - 5

Pires - 7

Bergkamp - 8

Adebayor - 7

Ricky_AFC

Lehmann- 6
Eboue-5.5
Toure-7
Senderos-7
Flamini-7
Reyes-6
Gilberto- 6.5
Diaby-5
Hleb-6.5
RvP-5.5
Henry5

Bergkamp and Pires, brilliant when they came on. F**k it Bergy stole the show on his special day, hes my man of the match.

IBL

Established Member
Being at the match I'll be as blunt as possible.

Lehman 7: Reliable as always, no chance with goal.

Eboue 6.5: A bit sloppy but overall a decent performance.
Kolo 7: Looked a little jaded but gave it his all
Senderos 7: One very poor pass first half but looked good overall, won plenty of headers.
Flamini 6.5: Really looks the part at LB, very willing and hardworking.

Reyes 5.5: A few good balls otherwise wimpy and lifeless
Gilberto 7.5: Very good game, anchored and defended well, pushed the team when we went 1-1
Diaby 6: A little dissapointing, careless at times, showed flashes of skills
Hleb 7: took his goal well and worked hard, some nice touches

RvP 6: Looks off the pace, couldnt get into the game
Henry 5: Woeful, uninterested performance. Missed a golden chance first half. Hope he's saving himself

SUBS
Adebayor 6: put himself about and contributed to the first goal
Pires 7: Well taken goal and added class and maturity to our attack
Bergkamp 7: The legend made one and scored an Iceman Special, what an Arsenal Legend!!

Lehmann: 7
Eboue: 6
Toure: 7
Senderos: 7
Flamini: 7
Hleb: 8
Diaby: 6
Gilberto: 8
Reyes: 7
Henry: 5
van Persie: 5

Legend#1

Established Member
Jens - 6

Eboue - 6
Kolo - 7
Phil - 7
Flamini - 7

Hleb - 7.5
Gilberto - 8
Diaby - 6
Reyes - 6.5

RvP - 5
Henry - 4

Subs:

Bergkamp - 7
Pires - 7
Ade - 6

gunnerGH

Established Member
Lehmann-6
Send-7
Toure-7
Eboue-7
Flamini-7
Diaby- 7
Gilberto-7
Reyes- 6
Hleb- 8
Henry- 6
RVP- 6
Pires- 7
Bergy- 7

MOM: Hleb -- well done, good to see his improvement lately!

Viper

Established Member
Jens - 6
Eboue - 6
Kolo - 7
Phil - 7
Flamini - 7
Hleb - 7
Gilberto - 8
Diaby - 6
Reyes - 6
RvP - 5
Henry - 4

Subs:

Bergkamp - 7
Pires - 7
Ade - 6

Meatwad

Gunnergregharrison said:
Lehmann1 said:
Henry - 4.5

that bad? ...i really didnt think so
what did you expect on this board? when he has good games these guys rate him a 5 (he's always holding us back with his mediocrity :)), so a relatively mediocre game will definitely be sub 5.

Latest posts

Top Bottom