• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Birmingham City vs Arsenal | 04/02/06

IBL

Established Member
suprised there isnt already a thread on this considering we won an away game with plenty of impressive performances throughout.

Lehman 7.5: Mad Jens made some cracking saves, flapped once but made up for it with a great block

Flamini 7: Coped well in an unfamiliar position
Djourou 8: Big, solid, strong, impressive play from the youngster
Senderos 7.5: Improvement from previous games
Larsson 6.5: struggled with Penants trickery, better going forward

Cesc 7.5: battling performance, plenty of heart, great assist
Diaby 8.5: MotM, strong, trickery, fast, great effort
Gilberto 6: did a good invisible man impression in the second half, defended ok
Reyes 6: Quiet game

Henry 7: Well taken goal otherwise quiet, but the legend gets his 200th goal
Adebayor 7.5: well bundled in goal, lazy at times but showed great pace and desire too. Good debut

SUBS:
Hleb 6: held the ball well

bank8

Jens - 8 : Great deal in the air, crack saved in early(maybe yarosik 's shot).

Larrson - 5 : Faced a big ploblem to deal with pennant.
Flamini - 6.5 : He was really fighter .
Djourou - 7 : I was impressed with him.
Senderos - 6 : ok , made some mistake that it's his traditional style.

Cesc - 6.5 : struggled with a Brum big guy but
good passed to Henry for scored.
Diaby - 8 : Short defination " Vieira number 2 "
Gilberto - 6 : He really proved himself a invisible wall.
reyes - 6 : He will be a mediocre boy in away games.

Henry - 7 : Look quited but his goal was class.
Adebayor - 7 : New dimension for arsenal .

Sub:
Hleb - 6 : I scared him will be another failed player
who came from german. Please not!

Lukazan

Established Member
The stream I was watching a little dodgy so I ain't going to rate everyone because it'd be unfair.

Lehmann 6 - Woeful throw straight in the back of one of our players at the end but other than that looked pretty solid.

Senderos - 6

Djourou - 6

Larsson - 6

Reyes - 5 Worked hard, but, as I seem to find myself saying whenever he hasn't had a good game, nothing was really working for him.

Gilberto - 4 Poor again.

Diaby - 7 Beast. BEAST.

Fabregas - 6.5 Lovely ball for Henry and did decent out on the right.

Henry - 6 Quiet. but the goal was nice.

Adebayor - 6.5 Got a goal on his debut after being away in the African Nations. 'Nuff said.

nazo

Established Member
lehmannnnnn: 9 :D MOTM
flamini: 7
jd: 7.5
senderos: 7
larrson: 6.9
cesc: 7.5
gilberto: 6.5
diaby:8.9999 (really close to lehmann for MOTM)
reyes: 6.5
ade:7
henry:7
hleb: 6 (10 mintutes, enough said)

wenger:7 (for only making one substitution when there was so much talent on the bench)

AFCG7

Established Member
Lehmann- 8 - man of the mathc inspite of that little **** up near the end.
Diaby - 8 - looking better and better.

The rest.. 6 to everyone..we looked shaky some players didnt have great games but at least there was some level of commitment shown.

Still.. all Wenger had to do was buy a quality CB and a decent CM at the start of the season.

JML

Crazy Jens - 9.5
Flamini - 7
Djourou - 7.5
Senderos - 6.5
Larsson - 7
Fabregas - 6.5
Gilberto - 6.5
Diaby - 8.5
Reyes - 7
Henry - 7.5
Adebayor - 7.5

Sammer

Established Member
Loved it, when Heskey argued with Riley after getting sent off - and Jens telling him "Shut up.....Shut up !".

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 8 - Very good, apart from one stupid kick. He really is an excellent goalkeeper these days.

Flamini 6 - Hurled it long to Adebayor every time, didn't do much wrong at an unfamiliar position. Wanted to strangle Heskey at the end, good lad.

Djourou 8 - Excellent. Didn't make one wrong decision. Passes when he needs to pass, whacks it away when he needs to whack it away.

Senderos 7 - Solid throughout, didn't get into much trouble.

Larsson 6 - Isn't a defender so I'll cut him some slack. Good on the ball, bad off it.

Cesc 7 - Worked very hard and passed well.

Gilberto 6 - Invisible, didn't do much wrong for once.

Diaby 8 - Very good display. Great surging runs, though his defending needs to be improved.

Reyes 7 - See Cesc. Wish Henry had bothered to make a run on that break.

Henry 7 - Did nothing apart from being involved in both goals, but that makes him decisive once again.

Adebayor 7 - Good debut. Scored a goal and looked quick and lively in the first half. Unfortunately he changed back into the Monaco Adebayor in the second.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Jens Lehmann 8.9

Philippe Senderos 7

Johan Djourou 8

Mathieu Flamini 7.7

Sebastian Larsson 6

Francesc Fabregas 8.4

Gilberto 5

Vassiriki Diaby 8.9

Jose Reyes 7

Thierry Henry 7

Emmanuel Adebayor 7.4

Alexander Hleb 6.9

nazo

Established Member
Sammer said:
Loved it, when Heskey argued with Riley after getting sent off - and Jens telling him "Shut up.....Shut up !".

ya i noticed that too. i loved it.
btw riley is one stupid ref. the worst ref ive seen in years.

RammiXP

Lehmann- 8 Was brilliant today and it was us who had the super keeper for a change.

Flamini- 7.5 Did great as a make shift right back. Hardly any of Birmingham attacks came from the right hand side that testament to his work.

Larsson- 6.0 Struggled on the left but did a good job considering he was played out of position.

Djourou- 7.5 Solid and assured and did all you could hope for.

Senderos- 7.0 Played a lot better alongside Djourou and let’s hope he can stop making individual errors.

Diaby- 8.5, MOTM. My Main man he was great today and if he can slightly develop his defensive ability he will be brilliant for us.

Gilberto- 5.5, WPOM. My worst player, he was invisible, did very little and the guy cannot pass the ball with out making it bounce all over the place so its about 100 times harder for our players to control

Fabregas- 6.5 Played alright but nothing amazing to talk about did lots of running and kept it simple when he could.

Reyes- 6.5 Pretty much the same as Fab

Henry- 7.0 Scored a great goal but if he had not scored it would have been a 6, i just felt he lacked desire/belief at times.

Adebayor- 7.5 good debut goal, A POACHERS GOAL, something i have not seen at arsenal in some time. Good control and held the ball up well. Impressive first game!!

Subs

Helb – 6

Nothing much to talk about.

chachacallis

overall i like that fact the team showed some fight, except for henry of course, doing his usual, all the other players were trying to help each other, and that what i call a team performance

Sammer

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Jens 8 - Very good, apart from one stupid kick. He really is an excellent goalkeeper these days.

Flamini 6 - Hurled it long to Adebayor every time, didn't do much wrong at an unfamiliar position. Wanted to strangle Heskey at the end, good lad.

Djourou 8 - Excellent. Didn't make one wrong decision. Passes when he needs to pass, whacks it away when he needs to whack it away.

Larsson 6 - Isn't a defender so I'll cut him some slack. Good on the ball, bad off it.

Diaby 8 - Very good display. Great surging runs, though his defending needs to be improved.

Henry 7 - Did nothing apart from being involved in both goal, but that makes him decisive once again.

Adebayor 7 - Good debut. Scored a goal and looked quick and lively in the first half. Unfortunately he changed back into the Monaco Adebayor in the second.

Those ratings are spot on, Gurgen.

adjie

Jens - 8
Kahn is really on trouble now. Klinsi's headache.

Flamini - 7
Caught up few times, but more than sufficient hard-fought quality.
In fact, this game shows us that this kid is a dedicated team-player.

Djorou - 7.5
From now, Sol can go to dressing-room shower anytime he likes.

Senderos - 7
Somebody gotta tell him to watch Drogba's goal reply.
I saw him last night got same potential problem with Heskey.

Larsson - 6.5
Of course this is not his best position. But just like Flamini, he's
a solid and reliable team-player. Very useful to be kept by AW.

Fabregas - 7.5
Great passing and vision. Started to have wild passion. I like it.

Gilberto - 7
Descent performance especially in breaking-up Brum's midfield.

Diaby - 7.5
Dominant forces. Made Izzet looks like a trainee in midfield area.

Reyes - 7
Well running. Will AW ever send him to "how-to-score training course" ?

Adebayor - 7
Aerial presence. I think we're gonna see a lot of set-piece goals.
Very lucky with the goal. Hopefully he's going to bring a lot of it.

Henry - 7.5
Effective display. Not so much running (injury?) and initiatives.
But his goal clearly shows his class.

Hleb - 6.5
No time, but I wonder when AW will try him in the center of midfield.

Wenger - 7.5
Brilliant line-up selection, especially with Flamini as RB. He's the master.

One thing I recognize since last few games is "MK5 effect"
start to be noticed when the kids had to put their kick in games.
Last night I clearly saw it in Flamini, Djorou and Cesc.
Did you all see this ?

mjkgooner

Sammer said:
Gurgen said:

Henry 7 - Did nothing apart from being involved in both goal, but that makes him decisive once again.

Those ratings are spot on, Gurgen.

As Ray Houghton would say DEF-IN-ET-LEE

Top Bottom