• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 03/12/05

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
Bolton scored on a mistake by Gilberto and Faye outjumping Fabregas. Oustide that, Lehmann and the defense handled all their attacks. The defense was not poor. The problem was that there was no link between defense and attack. That is, our midfield was pathetic.

Ratings:

Lehmann: 9-- He did nothing wrong and pulled off three stunning saves

Lauren: 7-- Was untroubled defensively, and made to look worse by a subdued performance from Ljunberg

Toure: 6-- meh

Campbel: 6-- meh

Cygan: 4-- Very poor. Needs to understand he has no offensive skills whatsoever, and therefore the support he attempts to provide on the left is silly. He should stay home

Ljunberg: 4 ---- Still trying to convince myself he we was there

Cesc: 6--- Some neat touches, but this kid must bulk the f**k up and stay away from our defensive box; he is a liability there

Gilberto: 3--- HA HA HA. The 'invisible shield' no more? Our 'most important' player no more? Yea, thought so, he is at Juve.

Pires: 6--- Our best attacking midfielder, which should be indicative of how bad we were. Acted like a little ***** on the rebound from Henry's shot. Little f****g bastard. I'm giving him a 4

RvP: 6: Did nothing because he was denied space and the ball

Henry: 6: Two neat shots, and a priceless look of disgust directed at Pires for being a sissy. Speaking of which, Pires now gets a
0.5 rating for being a *****.

The subs were no better than the starters they replaced. People like Eboue and Reyes got more space and time on the ball because Bolton defended with 10 in the 2nd half. The subs were useless.

This guy should be a journalist or some guy that has to do something in the media industry. He cracks people up with his cutting edge truthness

KingReyes

Established Member
Henry - Created two fantastic chances for himself and hit the post twice. Looked vaguely dangerous, although could hardly get himself into the game as our midfield was so poor. Still, he didn't look like he was 100% committed today, which is not something you want to see from your captain.

Pretty good summary Asa just one thing. What does Henry need to do to look committed? Because there are games when we are winning 3-0 and he still has the same attitude.

asajoseph

Established Member
What does he need to do look more committed? Well, chase a little more, and be a little more positive. He did at times today, but at others he drifted. His attitude wasn't awful, but it was just another niggle on a bad, bad day.

KingReyes

Established Member
I thought Henry was our best outfield player by far, he was the only one that created something and the only to get a shot on goal hitting the post twice. Apart from him noone in the attack did much.

What does he need to do look more committed? Well, chase a little more, and be a little more positive. He did at times today, but at others he drifted. His attitude wasn't awful, but it was just another niggle on a bad, bad day.

Fair enough, but the team as whole lacked committment not just Henry and I am not saying you are but to single him out because he's captain is unfair.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't think it's particularly unfair - as captain, he's got a responsibility to be a player who drives the team forward when things aren't going well. Outside of about 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half, he didn't really do that at all.

For a regular player to fail to show any drive is just plain poor, but for a captain it's an abdication of duty.

Either way, I don't really think anyone other than Sol and Jens showed any real stomach for the fight today. Henry wasn't the most guilty, but I'd expect more from him as captain.

A

Anonymous

Highly Fabregas said:
Wenger- 3

We knew what he was going to do, stuck in his ways

thank you, at last someone is not blaming th eplayers

the coach has to be accountable.

has lost his edge IMO

asajoseph

Established Member
How can you not blame the players (whether in entirety or not), for such a shambolic performance? Whatever failings Wenger may have exhibited today, Wenger can't physically run onto the pitch and do it for them!

nazo

Established Member
lehmann- MOTM (for us :roll: explains it all, loved the kick he tried to make on diof i think :p )
lauren- 6: tried to play as he usually does but ljungberg was bringing him down all the time
toure- 6: tried his best to get us back in the game but couldnt, he even tried to score a goal at the end (and boy oh boy was he mad after it :| )
sol- 6 couldve played better if he wasnt outnumbered after what the idiot gilberto was doing in the middle
cygan-3 NOT A LB, but i was laughing at how he tried to attack, it was hilarious. looked like a chicken running around the pitch and confusing all (including gilberto) our players, the second goal can be his fault too for not returning to his position and allowing gilberto to do what he did
ljungberg 3- worst game for him this season. couldnt attack or defend right and was just wasting space in our team
cesc 6.5- he was playing really well until AW subbed him. i liked his passes and how he actually tried competing with the big guys (i mean DA BIG guys- savages and scums :? )
pires 4- 1st for his ugly haricut, 2nd for wasting the best chance we couldve had the whole game and 3rd for making cygan look an idiot even more by not defending, sometimes i wondered if he was still on the pitch
rvp 5- didnt get much of the ball, but when he did he would actually attack and try to help us out(why oh why does wenger sub this guy, he didnt do anything wrong unlike CYGAN)
henry 6.5- two shots off the post which couldve gave us at least a point in this game, and because we literally didnt have a midfield he HAD to go back and get the ball himself then pull the team up. wenger better buy some players for him to stay

bergy 5- passed a bit but werent the best passes. didnt actually get alot of time on the ball but he shouldnt even have got any time at all in this game
reyes 5- same as bergy except for the last part
eboue 5- for a second i thought wenger was trying the 3-5-2 tactic but then again i realized he didnt. eboue tried defending and passing around, did good but lost the ball sometimes and didnt get enough time

NOW its a good thing that we have a training game next (literally) against ajax, we could try some LB's while we are at it and try hleb on the wing (YESSS finally hes back), also we should try reyes on the right, flamini in the middle with cesc while upfront anyone else.

oh ya... wenger 5- for putting cygan as LB, making the worst subs ever and at the worst time ever. the only good thing is that he came to the game and looked like he told the guys something during the break to cheer them up.

James

Established Member
Lehmann 7: Even Jens had a couple of dodgy moments, but with the entire Bolton fans on his back, the guy still remained solid and gave us a hope with a terrific save from Nolan

Lauren 7: Got absolutely no help from Ljungberg, and was easily our best player in the first half
Campbell 5: Didn't win one header i don't think. Looks really unfit again
Toure 6: You can tell where the guys heart is. Plenty of passion, just seemed very shakey.
Cygan 3: Wenger persisted with Almunia last season...how long is it going to before we drop this numpty?

Ljungberg 1: I don't think he got forward or help cover Lauren...so where was he?
Fabregas 7: Ran the entire midfield by himself. How much can an 18 year old do?
Gilberto 1: One of his worst performances in an Arsenal shirt. Usually a fan of the guy, but what on earth was he doing when playing Davies through for the second. Don't think he found an Arsenal shirt once
Pires 3: The man doesn't like to sprint. Does he know any direction apart from backwards these days?

RVP 5: Very quiet, but got no support or any of the ball from our midfield. Why sub your most threatening striker, but leave Cygan on?
Henry 4: Barcelona on the brain. Was unlucky with the two strikes against the post, but his heart didnt seem in it

Wenger 2: Lost the plot today. Seemed like he'd conceded defeat with the substitutions by bringing our best 3 players off. When will he actually drop Cygan? Before it's too late i'm guessing. Didn't understand any of his substitutions what so ever.

Lukazan

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
Pires: 6--- Our best attacking midfielder, which should be indicative of how bad we were. Acted like a little ***** on the rebound from Henry's shot. Little f****g bastard. I'm giving him a 4.

LMFAO. I just spat water everywhere. :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jens 8- I am totally comfortable with him in goal nowadays solid as .
Lauren7.5- a bloody good right back
Kolo 5- looked timid against aerial attacks - should have challenged Faye for the first goal instead of blocking Lehmans view. Had a bad day.
SOl 6 - not himself but an acceptable performance.
Pires 6- not aggresive enough did not take players on . However did much better when he was in the middle.
Ljungberg 4- Should not play unless we are able to get forward thrust from the rest of our midfield, a man who makes impeccable runs into the box . Is average in build up play.
Henry 7 did well with the service he got ,someone else need to be captain though. He finds hard enough to control his emotions let alond pick anyone else up .
Gilberto 4 - needs to recognise he is the defensive mid and get stuck in . Culpable at Wigan and again culpable here . I am sure the team and Arsène would have noticed. Will be called to Wengers office during the week.
RVP 5 -Did what he could, which was not much . Shoudl have stayed on as he just need one shot to score.
Reyes 6 - was not given much ball , whatever he did , did well . Seems to provide a bit more pace. showed bottle and harried the right back
Cygan 4- not his fault he is at left back.
Dennis - 5 not his fault he has to come in with 15 minutes to go actually looked out of sorts .

Verdict -bring Reyes, hleb and Flamini.
Not as bad as people make out , even when we were unbeatable we struggled against Bolton. Lacking composure and balls when under pressure is the only criticism .

sabret00the

Established Member
what actually made me laugh was when ljungberg tried to beat his man on the edge of the box and tried to dink it over his knee but went straight into his belly. (yup that's the only explaination for it) but let's just say that unless ljungberg is given alot of options to pass too, he shouldn't be starting. he'll never bee that player with the ability to do it on his own.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Ice Berg legend said:
I'm annoyed so dont take my ratings at face value:

Lehman: 9.5
Kolo: 5
Sol:4
Lauren: 5
Cygan: 1
Fabregas: 6
Gilberto: 1
Ljungberg: 1
Pires: 4
Henry: 6
RvP: 6

Subs
Reyes: 4
Bergkamp: 4
Eboue: 5

Guess who my MotM is :roll:
Cygan :lol:

Chips&CurrySauce

What was particulalry disappoining was the fact that the worse players were the senior players.. Pires, Freddie, Cygan and Gilberto were an absolute shambles... Some one once said that Freddie is only half the player when Dennis isn't in the side and I agree 100%.. He has no creativity whatsoever, his work rate has dropped off and without Bergkamp to pick out his runs he adds nothing to the side...

I'm sorry Gilberto is just a joke.. His first touch is embarrasing, his passing is even worse, and his defending is so over rated... We will never dominate the midfield with him in the side, he must be the only midfielder in the world that never goes to ground, maybe he doesn't like to get his shorts muddy.. He has been **** all season and we're not gonna move forward as a side until Wenger replaces him... This is by far Wengers biggest mistake, selling Patrick and leaving this half hearted average player as our main midfielder.. I don't beleive he would get in most premiership sides.. Lacks talent but whats worse, he lacks passion, determination and fighting spirit...

I'm not jumping on the band wagon here, myself and a couple of other (Kwame) have been consistent in our views on Gilberto and never bought the invisible crap we've had to put up with... Patrick made him look good, end of!!!

Gurgen

Established Member
What makes this all worse is Patrick's performance for Juve this weekend.

I was watching that game and thinking, why oh why...

A

Anonymous

Gurgen said:

I know Toni didnt have his best game vs Juve but he is a quality player and well worth a look at. Frey has also improved, I dont think he flapped at one cross.

IBL

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Ice Berg legend said:
I'm annoyed so dont take my ratings at face value:

Lehman: 9.5
Kolo: 5
Sol:4
Lauren: 5
Cygan: 1
Fabregas: 6
Gilberto: 1
Ljungberg: 1
Pires: 4
Henry: 6
RvP: 6

Subs
Reyes: 4
Bergkamp: 4
Eboue: 5

Guess who my MotM is :roll:
Cygan :lol:

Yeh I know. Now that I've had time to think about it I should have given Cygan -1. ;)

BannedKwame

Gurgen said:

Vieira wasn't really that great against Florentina-- relative to his other performances for Juve. He seemed subdued, and disinterested. Still, Emerson and him owned the middle of the park. By his presence alone Juve were a better team. Everytime he got the ball, Florentina's entire midfield geared up for him-- he's now a target for opposing teams.

In any case, he's gone. And although I respect his game and think he's one of the best players of the past 10 years, **** him.

Top Bottom