• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Charlton Athletic vs Arsenal | 26/12/05

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 7,5
lauren - 6
sol - 6,5
toure - 6
cygan - 2
reyes - 7,5
cesc - 6
gilberto - 4
hleb - 4,5
ljungberg - 5
henry - 6

comments later...

A

Anonymous

Re: Charlton v Arsenal, Player ratings

lehmann - 6
lauren - 5
sol - 7
toure - 8
cygan - 4
reyes - 9 MOM
cesc - 9
gilberto - 4
hleb - 6
ljungberg - 7
henry - 7

A

Anonymous

Leeeeeeeman. 7.
Lauren. 7.6.
Toure. 8.
Campbell 7.5.
Cygan. 5.
Flamini. 5.
Reyes 8.2.
Henry. 5.5.
Hleb. 5.
Fabregas. 7.
Freddie. 6.
Pires. 6.

imbak

lehmann - 7
lauren - 6
sol - 6
toure - 7
cygan - 3
reyes - 8
cesc - 7
gilberto - 5
hleb - 5
ljungberg - 6
henry - 7

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
lehmann - 8 (did nothing wrong really)
lauren - 6.5 (nothing spectacular, but solid overall
toure - 7 (same as Lauren really, a couple miscues with Lehmann)
Campbell - 8 (played well overall, a couple good tackles)
Cygan - 4 (horrendous in the first half, a little better in the 2md, but OMG he is not a LB)
Hleb - 6.5 (gave the ball away a few times, but did OK.. not great, but not terrible)
Gilberto - 5 (a couple decent plays, but gave the ball away a LOT)
Fabregas - 7 (anonymous for much of the first half, played much better in the second)
Freddie - 6.5 (made some decent runs, but no one should miss that one on one)
Reyes - 8.5 (created a lot, scored our goal, one of his better games)
Henry - 8 (thought he actually looked interested today.. that's a good sign)

Gurgen

Established Member
Lehmann 7 - Solid. Did nothing wrong.

Lauren 7 - Got forward well and never got in trouble defensively.

Toure 7 - Some good interceptions, looked very good again next to a rejuvenated Sol.

Campbell 8 - Excellent performance, great tackling, finally pulled his finger out and I'm glad to see his pace isn't gone.

Cygan 3 - The master of disaster. Gave the ball away every single time. He even handballed in the box and it would have been 1-1 had the linesman not been blind.

Hleb 6 - Still adjusting to the pace and lacks a bit of fitness, resulting in him giving the ball away too much. Got stuck in though and was much better in the second half.

Cesc 6 - Some poor passing at the end of the second half but apart from that he was composed and kept the ball well.

Gilberto 5 - Passing was better, but still gets caught in possesion too much. First touch of an elephant today.

Reyes 8 MOTM - Was excellent apart from some silly long passes. Went past his man a lot and created loads of chances, in particular the brilliant interplay in the first half. Deservedly scored the winner.

Freddie 6 - Good off the ball, clueless on it. Should have buried his huge chance in the first half.

Henry 7 - Absolute garbage in the first half, pulled his finger out in the second and played some great passing football. Probably wasn't fully fit but since we have no squad depth whatsoever...

Subs:

Pires 6 - Not bad, not great. Wasn't envolved much.

Flamini 6 - Same as Pires.

bank8

TITI HENRY WHO DID EVERYTHING FOR THE TEAM.
I LOVE THE WAY HE PLAY FOR.

JOSE REYES ENTERTAINED WITH SOME BRILLIANT
TECHNIC AND ONE GOAL OF THE GAME WAS
MADED FROM HIM.

BOTH DEFENDER TOURE AND SOL PLAY QUITE
WELL . LOOK SOLID AND TOUGH.

my rating look below .

Lehman - 6 Nothing to do for him.

Lauren - 6 Average.

Sol - 8 Solid and saved Bent's chance.

Toure - 8 Superb.

Cygan - 6.5 A bit nervous.

Reyes - 7.5 Look confidence , Goal Scorer.

Cesc - 7 Average.

Gilberto - 6 Maybe he tired from Caring cup game
that why he make some errors.

Hleb - 6 Look tired as well.

Ljungberg - 7 Hard-working but couldn't did
anything . had a great chance to 1-1 with
GK but he wasted .

Titi Henry - 8.5 Everything of the team . Every
attack ball was set up from him. Origin of the
goal. Show some magnificent technic .Definately MOM for me.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Reyes?

You're all delusional, he was crap again today just like at the beginning of the season when he did nothing. Our best attacking player today like he was at the beginning of the season, hahaha yeah sure.

(sarcasm)

Jkreffer

Established Member
Well apart from a few misplaced passes, Reyes looked pretty good in all departments, tracking back and working tirelessly. Campbell and Toure played well, but it was Reyes who won us the match, and set up another couple of chances. The play seemed to be going throught Reyes even more than Henry today.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
My god Gilberto was awful today. Whats wrong with him? His passing are getting more and more ridiculous and his challenges hits nothing but air. For this match I give him a 4.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
bank8 said:
Lauren - 6 Average.

Cygan - 6.5 A bit nervous.

mate, were you actually WATCHING the match? you rated Cygan higher than Lauren?? wow, not even close... Between Cygan and Gilberto, I cannot decide which one was our worst player.. I would have to say Cygan just because at least Gilberto's giveaways were in an attempt to DO something with the ball.. Cygan's were just down to sheer incompetence... no pressure, no one around, just passing it directly into the other team in the middle of the pitch

nazo

Established Member
lehmann - 7: good on the ball, didnt make any mistakes

lauren - 7: moved forward alot and defended good too

toure - 8: some misunderstandings with lehmann, but was good with his headers and tackling

sol - 8: one of his best matches this season, great tackling and great headers

cygan - 5: he isnt a LB, lost the ball alot and was out of position alot. He also couldve ruined our day with a penalty

ljungberg - 6.5: ok he missed the one on one with the GK but played some football. wouldve been given an 8 if he actually scored the 1o1 goal and used the chances he got rightfully

cesc - 7: in the first half he was average but in the second half he contributed in the team passes

hleb - 7: gave the ball away a couple of times in the FH but contributed in the game still

gilberto - 6.5: well he wasnt that bad but gave away the ball alot and couldve scored a goal

reyes - 8: in the first half he lost the ball alot but came back in the second half and played really good while scoring the winner.

henry - 8: in my opinion he is the MOTM, he actually assisted reyes with the goal, couldve scored a couple himself if it wasnt for the GK and passed the ball around with precision. he was playing around with the defenders in the last 10 minutes and looked like he was back to his original form.

pires - 6: made some passes and shouldve scored a goal after a pass from henry

flamini - 6: i actually thought this guy was going to score a goal when he got it in the penalty area but took his time for some reason and lost the ball, other than that he was OK

overall: good result but we shouldve scored alot more goals. in fact the game wouldve ended 4-0 or 5-0 for us if it wasnt for the bad finishing

IBL

Established Member
Watched most of the match until the 80th minute when my SKY box broke :x

Lehman 7: Nothing much to do really, dealt with everything fine

Lauren 6: not his usual assured self
Kolo: 7: Good to have him back there, some good tackles early on
Sol: 8: Best performance from the big guy in quite a while, great tackle on Bent
Cygan 5: I give up

Freddy 6.5: Looked much more livelier today, should have scored
Cesc 7: Solid performance
Gilberto 6: Better but still looks shaky
Hleb 6.5: Is getting sharper with every game but needs play more cautiously at times especially when passing deep in Arsenals half

Henry 6.5: Clearly not fit but tried and put in some neat passes
Reyes 8: MOM - looked sharp and lively, deserved his goal and was confident when running with the ball

SUBS: can't rate as I didnt watch the last 10 mins thank you very little Mr Murdoch!

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann: 6 - Barely done anything

Lauren: 6 - Average
Toure: 8 - Brilliant performance.
Campbell: 8 - Same as Toure. Was very solid at the back.
Zinadine Cygan: 0 - Crap. Charlton even chsoe to attack down the right to exploit his crapness. Horrendus passing. [sarcasm]Man of the match![/sarcasm]

Ljungberg: 6 - Was ok. Should've scored. Played better than I expected
Gilberto: 5.5 - Gave the ball away quite a bit. He looked a bit tired
Fabregas: 6 - Ok performance. Made some nice passes later in the game.
Hleb: 5.5 - Needs more games but he looked a bit tired like Gilberto.

Reyes: 8 - Well taken goal and looked sharp.
Henry: 7 - Put some neat passes and could've scored but wasn't match fit.

Flamini: 6
Pires: 6

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann - 7: he had ought to do and didn't even make his usual kick for a throw in
Lauren - 5: he was terrible today, but i think in light of the tooth thing we all knew it'd happen.
Campbell - 7: an improvement but still not showing enough presence.
Toure - 7: he ran alot but almost cost us a penner, he's a working man.
Cygan - 5: he was ****e but no ****ter than lauren
Reyes - 7: as with what everyone else has said, moments of glory and others where he was suspect, loved the 10 minutes after his goal though.
Cesc - 7: needs another rest, his passing is getting a little bit sloppy, worked hard none the less.
Gilberto - 5: another weak link on our chain, really we need to keep underperforming 'world class' players to a minimum, excuse? he was tired, don't expect him to start next match.
Hleb - 7: i think everyones being a little harsh on the bellerussian, granted he gave away the ball a few times (like everyone else) but he's actually been our go-to-man for a few games and the extra possession highlights his faults, his positives which are the holding up and the picking out of players are have been pretty decent. in short more positives than negatives but he wasn't as good as in the last game.
Ljungberg - 5: it hurts me to think about this dude, always outta position looking to be put in, even when he's offside, no ****ing discipline, just hurry and go already.
Henry - 5: i'm not quite sure why he's getting rated, he was injured and thus didn't run and two touches do not make a great game. hope van Persie's back next game so he can be rested.

James

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Gilberto - 5: another weak link on our chain, really we need to keep underperforming 'world class' players to a minimum, excuse? he was tired, don't expect him to start next match.
Hleb - 7: i think everyones being a little harsh on the bellerussian, granted he gave away the ball a few times (like everyone else) but he's actually been our go-to-man for a few games and the extra possession highlights his faults, his positives which are the holding up and the picking out of players are have been pretty decent. in short more positives than negatives but he wasn't as good as in the last game.
BOTH were as bad as each other, so how Hleb got a 7 i don't know. 5 for Gilberto is probably being generous too.

sabret00the

Established Member
James said:
sabret00the said:
BOTH were as bad as each other, so how Hleb got a 7 i don't know. 5 for Gilberto is probably being generous too.
as i said, he's getting twice as much of the ball and so ofcourse mistakes are gonna be highlighted but he worked hard, got involved and the majority of his passes came off.

Guillermo

Lehmann - Little to do, looked composed. (7)

Lauren - Solid. (6.5)

Toure - Solid. (7)

Campbell - Commanded defense. (8 )

Cygan - Looked like a sluggish centre-back playing at left-back. (5)

Gilberto - Clumsy and uncomposed in possession. (5)

Hleb - Unusually poor disitribution. Poor defensively. (5)

Fabregas - Looked good going forward. (6)

Ljungberg - Got into some good positions, though lacking in confidence. (6)

Reyes - Showed potential. Looked exiting and pacy at times, however, lost the ball on numerous occassions. (6.5)

Henry - Non-existant in the first-half, better in the second. (6)

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann 6
Sol - 7
Toure - 7
Lauren - 6
Cygan - 4.5
Gilberto - 5
Fabregas - 6
Hleb - 6
Freddie 5.5
Reyes 7.5