• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players who smoke

Harding

Ricardo La Volpe at the world cup was brilliant lol i know he not a player but you could just see how much a fag relieved the tension for him...then he got them confiscated, he must of been livid

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Revolution said:
Gurgen said:
Johan Cruijff used to smoke. Then his heart stopped a couple of times...

Yeah, apparently he was a chain smoker, and smoke a couple before big games and after.

3 packs a day is what I have heard. MAny Swedish plaeyrs use snuff.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
flaunt said:
Well, pot and cigarettes are different.

Pot is medicinal :D

I think nowadays it's rare for the top footballers to smoke regularly - especially at Arsenal - simply because of all the running the modern game needs. You can't afford to be short of breath.

Is pot/weed on the banned substances list? I remember in the winter olympics when a Snowboarder got tested positive for cannabis, and I was like D'uuuh, he is a snowboarder ffs

Army of Me

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Is pot/weed on the banned substances list? I remember in the winter olympics when a Snowboarder got tested positive for cannabis, and I was like D'uuuh, he is a snowboarder ffs
Cannabis is only illegal in certain circumstances.

In this country I'm sure the FA would deem it illegal in sport because it is illegal anyway!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
OTT...

saddam hussein used to smoke 60 ciggies a day for 20 years...

back to the topic...

fowler

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
pha2er said:
YeahBee said:
Cannabis is only illegal in certain circumstances.

In this country I'm sure the FA would deem it illegal in sport because it is illegal anyway!

Ywah but I don't think any country acctually have it as being illegal to USE, possesion,growing and distribution is what is illegal. So could the FA sentence him to anything?

phenn

The thought of Zizou with a cigarette in his mouth facing off against Lehmann with a cigar in his mouth is amusing.

fabtastic

suppose they cant think of anything else to spend there money on!
but come on if you was a footballer would you smoke?!? it would make you short of breath and probably effect your game! in the wc final we all know why zidane did the headbutt, it was extra time and he was dying for a ciggie so he thought oh well and head butted him, end off story!

Mr Wolf

In the summer of 1998 I went to the Lazio training camp in Vigo di Fassa, a small village in the beautiful region of Alto Adige-Sudtirol. During the training camp the fans use to meet the players, the manager, etc. and the whole team becomes a big family living in the same village. Well, I remember that one day, after meal, about 14 o'clock, when the other players were having a rest, Alen Boksic came out stealthily of the hotel trying non to be spotted by anyone, got near me and asked me to take him with my car to Moena, a greater village near Vigo, because in Vigo there were not his favourite cigarettes. So I made the road with him and he got his cigarettes, I don't want to think what could happen in case of accident.....

I think it should be forbidden for players to smoke cigarettes. Nowadays professional footballplayers are rolmodels, especially for childeren. So if the players smoke, childeren will copy that and begin to smoke to.

I play football on amateurbase, and there a plenty enough players in my team who are smoking when they are sitting on the bench.
I think it's wrong to smoke when you are a footballplayer, amateur or professional it doesn't matter.
As a footballer you have to live very healthy. No alcoholic drinks, no smoking, healthy food in stead off fast-food.

famous no 10

Established Member
Maurice Gooner said:
I think it should be forbidden for players to smoke cigarettes. Nowadays professional footballplayers are rolmodels, especially for childeren. So if the players smoke, childeren will copy that and begin to smoke to.

I play football on amateurbase, and there a plenty enough players in my team who are smoking when they are sitting on the bench.
I think it's wrong to smoke when you are a footballplayer, amateur or professional it doesn't matter.
As a footballer you have to live very healthy. No alcoholic drinks, no smoking, healthy food in stead off fast-food.

Well, it's not as if they are puffing away walking out of the tunnel, is it?

If they want to f**k their health up in their own time, it's up to them.

Mostarac

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
In the summer of 1998 I went to the Lazio training camp in Vigo di Fassa, a small village in the beautiful region of Alto Adige-Sudtirol. During the training camp the fans use to meet the players, the manager, etc. and the whole team becomes a big family living in the same village. Well, I remember that one day, after meal, about 14 o'clock, when the other players were having a rest, Alen Boksic came out stealthily of the hotel trying non to be spotted by anyone, got near me and asked me to take him with my car to Moena, a greater village near Vigo, because in Vigo there were not his favourite cigarettes. So I made the road with him and he got his cigarettes, I don't want to think what could happen in case of accident.....

That is a great story, Mr.Wolf. :)

famous no 10

Established Member
Viali used to smoke, so did Tony Adams...probably half of the first team at Arsenal did in the 80's, probably nearly all of them in the 60's.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom