• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Oil money is no longer unlimited.
Unlimited money isn't required. They just need an initial push to take them up a level and they'll be competing with us. Look at City's spending for the past couple of years, its been very reasonable for a big club. Thats my frustration with Kroenke, we don't need too much money, just a small injection of funds every second year and we'll be competing at the highest level.

NZgunner

who knows how this will go but ever since Chelsea, then reinforced by City, I've said to my dad that there are other clubs that are far more attractive investment/ownership options than Arsenal. In fact I've used Newcastle as an example of another club that a vanity owner might like the look of - a bit of history, a passionate local fan base, but more importantly - cheap

the irony is that the prudent financial management of Arsenal through the Wenger years has made them a very expensive option - to buy Arsenal you would have to stump up at least 1.7 billion pounds, this Newcastle deal looks to be 350 million

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Not sure how reliable but there's already a few reports saying that this could be scuppered by them not having proof of funds.

Ashley supposedly wants whatever he sells for in one lump. I get these dudes are crazy rich but if it's all wealth based in companies then it's beyond by knowledge if they just have £350 mil lying around.

Ashley's worth 3 billion + alone but it's all in Sports Direct, House of Fraser, Debenhams stock etc. He's worth more than Liverpool's owners.

Granted this guy's family who is buying Newcastle is said be worth around £150 billion.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The first thing Newcastle need after their new Sugar Daddy takes over is an established big name signing to set a marker.

Perhaps an established German international superstar with Premiership experience and a colossal global fanbase? But where could they find such a player??

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

The first thing Newcastle need after their new Sugar Daddy takes over is an established big name signing to set a marker.

Perhaps an established German international superstar with Premiership experience and a colossal global fanbase? But where could they find such a player??

No chance they get Mustafi off us

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not sure how reliable but there's already a few reports saying that this could be scuppered by them not having proof of funds.
Sky said they had the same issue when they tried to buy Liverpool.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Sky said they had the same issue when they tried to buy Liverpool.

Not trying to trivialise £350 mil but stumping up proof of near £2 billion for Liverpool is one thing. Probably presumptuous but I'd have thought with their background that they'd be able to push through this takeover pretty smoothly.

Reactions: A_G

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not trying to trivialise £350 mil but stumping up proof of near £2 billion for Liverpool is one thing. Probably presumptuous but I'd have thought with their background that they'd be able to push through this takeover pretty smoothly.

This takeover and the attempted Liverpool one is just weird. How can you be in talks to buy a football club and not have proof of funds?

I know its a completely different level but if I can provide proof of funds for a house purchase surely these rich businessmen with legal teams in place can provide theres :lol:, they must have known this would be coming and surely its not that hard for them to do.

Just seems a bit strange how this is even a stumbling block :confused:, getting a bit of 'fake sheikh' red top vibes from them.. or they just don't want people to see where the money is actually coming from. If this was Arsenal I would be pretty worried as to who they really are, as its Newcastle this could be pretty funny if they turn out to be worse than Ashley and have no money as well :rofl:

Reactions: A_G

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Some reports and the Financial Times now saying that they've submitted proof of funds . Seriously nothing's ever straightforward about that club :lol:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

If he is rejecting PSG then he sure as **** isn't going to go to Tyneside now, is he?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This takeover and the attempted Liverpool one is just weird. How can you be in talks to buy a football club and not have proof of funds?

I know its a completely different level but if I can provide proof of funds for a house purchase surely these rich businessmen with legal teams in place can provide theres :lol:, they must have known this would be coming and surely its not that hard for them to do.

Just seems a bit strange how this is even a stumbling block :confused:, getting a bit of 'fake sheikh' red top vibes from them.. or they just don't want people to see where the money is actually coming from. If this was Arsenal I would be pretty worried as to who they really are, as its Newcastle this could be pretty funny if they turn out to be worse than Ashley and have no money as well :rofl:
they probably don't know themselves. especially for inherited wealth, you never know exactly.

they might still be auditing their revenue streams themselves, and this suddenly came up.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
4ACNBuD.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom