• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre Season Friendly: SC Colombia 17:30, 21/7/09

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I'm back from that game and preseason in Bad Walteersdorf.
It was awsome as one could expect, that game was very disorganized though, waiting in line for beer so long I missed 5 goals. from 0-0 to 1-4. People that saw Nasri's injury said he tried to block Diaby's shot, that Diaby didn't touch him and that it all looked clumsy and stupid.
Vermaelen looks really good, Ramsey has grown a lot since last season, Robin was in EXTREMLY good mood, more cheerful that Eboue was last season, it was joy to see. Phil seems to be going. More with pics tomorrow.
I can't go to Szombathely, but Croatian Gooners flag will be there :)

ricky1985

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
I'm back from that game and preseason in Bad Walteersdorf.
It was awsome as one could expect, that game was very disorganized though, waiting in line for beer so long I missed 5 goals. from 0-0 to 1-4. People that saw Nasri's injury said he tried to block Diaby's shot, that Diaby didn't touch him and that it all looked clumsy and stupid.
Vermaelen looks really good, Ramsey has grown a lot since last season, Robin was in EXTREMLY good mood, more cheerful that Eboue was last season, it was joy to see. Phil seems to be going. More with pics tomorrow.
I can't go to Szombathely, but Croatian Gooners flag will be there :)

Thanks for the info mate. Really glad to hear about Robin, he didn't seem himself all of last season, hopefully a weight has been lifted, by signing the new contract and deciding his future.

Is Vermaelen bigger/taller than Gallas? :)

Thommybhoy

Established Member
He is much taller than me, at least 10cm/4in (I'm about 176cm/5ft9)so IMO he is 185cm/6ft1. I didn't have a chance to compare him to Gallas cause Gallas would just storm into a bus.

Proof

Established Member
Vermaelen is definitely taller than both Gallas and Toure. Like Thommybhoy said he is about 1.84/1.85cm, when I waited for the players at the bus, from what I could approximate Vermaelen wasn't shorter than me, and I'm definitely 1.84cm. Van Persie was very cheerful during the game and the pre-match warm-up. About Nasri's terrible injury, did the players had an open training session with a day before the game? Because from 16:00 p.m. until the beginning of the match, nothing nasty happened.

ThaSaltCracka

finally have a chance to watch this game.... am I seeing things right, our MF for the second half is:

Denilson----Song------Eboue
----------Senderos---------

????????????????????

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom