• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Prediction - FA: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | 19/02/05

gooner#1

After Mondays result against Crystal Palalce, Arsenal play Sheffield utd in the FA cup,(our most realistic chance of Silver wear this season) after they beat West Ham on Penalties.

Arsène looks likely to field some of our big guns on Saturday .Henry, Vieira, Ljunberg all look likely to start and Manuel Almunia will probably start aswell.Robin Van Persie may get a start, as will Reyes aswell.

The last time we had played Sheffield United, was in the FA.Cup as well.We had won one-nil from a contraversial Freddie Ljunberg Goal.The ball was played intyo the referee but yhe didnt blow the whistle.As a result Neil Warnock got a fine from the Fa about the incident .

That match also produced one of the best saves ever from David seaman, who clawed back the ball from the other site of the net to show great flexibilty at thirty eight years of age.

It looked like this:

feFirvJgP.jpg

My prediction another 1-0 win for the gunners.An Henry special.

depesh_afc

I think this match will be much tighter than the other 2 cup games.

3-1 to AFC or thereabouts...fewer opportunities than against Palace!

D

AfC_li4nGht

I afraid the player will distracted by the fact that they are going to play bayern coming fixture...

2-0 RVP & ljungberg
Henry should take a rest, Bergkamp to start since he cannot travel to bayern...
Senderos shld start ahead of Cygan or Cygan Senderos partnership...
Flamini + Fabregas for the centre midfield :angel

koivu

Much tighter than Monday's rout...As long as we win I'll be happy.

As for our last meeting, it was my fellow countryman Paul Peschisolido who forced Seaman into that memorable save. Will never forget that one.

Mark

Established Member
It will be tough, but we're playing so well at the moment it could actually be quite easy. I'll go for 3-0. No idea who will play so I won't predict scorers.

Asterix

Established Member
This will be tight. We'll have one eye on Bayern. I hope Jens stays in goal to get some consistency going again.

I'd like to see this line up:

Jens
Eboue Toure Cygan Clichy
Freddie Cesc Flamini Reyes
Dennis RvP

Prediction: 1-0 goal from Dennis.

gooner#1

I am going to this match everyone! My first football match ever let alone at highbury...I cant wait . I am going with my 74 year old grandad.

My predicted team sheet:

almunia

eboue senderos toure clichy
Pires Flamini Vieira Reyes
Henry Van Persie

KoLo28

With the league gone, the players will be up for this one. Sure Sheffield United will fight hard, but they're along way off premiership standards and we'll comfortably beat them 4-0.

Well done gooner#1, enjoy it mate.

kanuuu

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Spanky spanky time. We're going to send their odious fans back home with a 5-1 defeat.

Lol how many times have we lost after you've said that?!

awooga83

Established Member
10-0 to the arsenal , well maybe thats a tad extreme but i'll go for 3-1 to arsenal RvP x2 and cesc.

Ryanzinhhio

2-0 Will be a very physical game. Watch out for Sheff Utd right back Geary if he plays dirty little b*stard :evil:

Players should be up for the battle though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom