• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Prediction - FA: Arsenal vs Stoke City | 09/01/05

The outcome of Arsenal vs Stoke City will be a .....

• Win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw(replay)

• Loss

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gooner#1

After a rather disappointing draw against Manchester City, Arsenal aim to get back to business, against Stoke City in the FA cup.

It looks as if Arsène will field a young team again and probably leave out some of the big names, like Henry, Pires etc.Jose Antonio Reyes should be back and Lehmann should be re-called for this macth.Or because of the amount of injuries we have he has no choice but to field a full strength side!
I think the line up will be similar to the Man City game .

The last time the two teams played(I think) was in 96 in the coca cola cup where this happened:
Arsenal (1) 5 Stoke City (1) 2
Scorers: Wright 41p,63, Platt 46, Sheron 35,88
Bergkamp 68, Merson 73

I predict a 3-1 win here.Van Persie scoring two goals while Ljunberg scoring the other(If he plays). Our Inexperience will show and be held at 1-1 until about the 60th minute where we wrap the game up .

Mark

Established Member
If at all possible, recall Stuart Taylor and play him in this match. If not...

Lehmann

Hoyte Eboue Senderos Clichy

Pennant Flamini Fabregas Reyes

RvP Quincy

I reckon that would be fun. Reyes and Quincy can swap places if it doesn't work out. Same with Eboue and Hoyte as well perhaps, although if Hoyte has been playing RB regularly recently he should stay there. I reckon we'll win 3-0. Reyes, RvP and Fabregas with the goals.

Ridge

Mark said:
Lehmann

Pennant Flamini Fabregas Reyes

RvP Quincy
yeah i'll go with the same team. its stoke city, so playing a carling-cup-starting-team wont be a problem. just pity cesc, he's been playing so many games! how about edu?

Mark

Established Member
I reckon Edu will be gone by then, I don't want him playing for the club anyway if he's not comitted.

AfC_li4nGht

Lehmann

Pennant Flamini Larsson Reyes

(Bergkamp)RvP Quincy

Give Fabregas a break... Now i realise our squad indeed quite thin... :|

Ratinho

Established Member
A young team, with the likes of RvP, Pennant and Clichy to show the gulf between the two sides.

3-1, RvP to bag 2, and a late one for Lupoli.

TT

i think wenger will field at least two experienced players in kolo and reyes...it would be naive to think that an all young team will dominate an Fa cup game...we should know by now that absolutely anything is possible in the Fa Cup, the reason why we have done so well in the Fa Cup is simply because against the smaller teams we have always fielded two to three experienced players...so even if we were to go a goal down we would have the right players to encourage the young guns as they have been in the same position in TOP FLIGHT football! and nothing encourages young players more in a match than having experienced players to rely on and bail you out!

arnoldi

Lehmann

Hoyte Kolo Senderos Clichy

Bergkamp RVP

subs: Taylor, Djorou, Qunicy ,Lupoli,Smith

3-0(RVP, RVP,RVP)

job

Lehmann

Hoyte Senderos Toure Clichy

Pennant Fabregas Vieira Pires

Van Persie Reyes

gooner#1

arnoldi said:
Lehmann

Hoyte Kolo Senderos Clichy

Bergkamp RVP

subs: Taylor, Djorou, Qunicy ,Lupoli,Smith

3-0(RVP, RVP,RVP)
Taylor is still on loan at leicester the last I heard.

Chips&CurrySauce

I agree with Sean Convey, in that it will be a tough match. Stoke don't score many goals but they also don't concede many either. They are a very strong physical side, so I expect a lot of long balls and I expect them to be threatening at set pieces... I'll be very happy with a 2-0 win, hopefully Reyes will score!

Spike

Established Member
Lehmann

Hoyte Toure Senderos Clichy
Pennant Fabregas Vieira Pires
Persie Reyes

Subs: Almunia, Eboue, Larsson, Smith, Quincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom