• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
126fo6o.png

Thought it was about time somebody created our annual PL thread. How does everyone think we are going to get on this year?

PL Table as it stands:

2mhej9i.png

Next 5 PL fixtures:

Stoke (H)
Chelsea (A)
Leicester (A)
United (H)
Watford (A)

If we start to look like title contenders then we can change the title, but think it's fair to keep expectations realistic for now.

Last edited:

fabo

6.51 / 10
3rd/4th realistically.

Lot of potential for slips in the next 5 imo, factoring in cup games aswell.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Man City are the clear favourites to win the league, they obviously won't finish on 114 points but I wouldn't be surprised if they wrapped it up sometime in April. All the other potential contenders are a long way from showing title-winning form. I'd expect Chelsea, ourselves and possibly Man Utd to get there eventually but it'll be too late. Not too worried about losing our Top 4 spot, think we can get 3rd ahead of the Mancs.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Can't see us finishing higher than third.

Despite Chelsea's average start they still have a better XI than us and also have a better injury record than us so you'd expect them to hit back at some point.

Despite City being clear favourites they always seem to give you a sniff - both their titles were very tight affairs, far tighter than they should have been given the quality of their squads vs. the rest.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I had tipped us for the title but after the transfer window closed and no new striker, I'd say 2nd. The nucleus of a very goood team is still there and hopefully, we'll strengthen if possible in January. Although, the biggest hindrance to us achieving 1st or 2nd is going to be injuries. If we can keep our squad fit then we're in with shout but based on what we've seen from City I'd plump for 2nd.

onetowatch

City have the best first XI.

Chelsea have the best manager.

We have the best squad.

City have started like a freight train but they have a weak mentality like us and I expect them to drop their guard more than once this season.

Chelsea on the other hand have started poorly but you expect them to pick up, unless Mourinho is in one of his breakdown years when it all gets ugly and goes to ****.

If we can find some fluency in attack and someone picks up the goal scoring slack, then I expect us to do well. Gone for 2nd, probably behind City.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I'd be shocked if we finished higher than 3rd. Chelsea and City have better first teams, better mentality, much less injury problems, arguably better managers etc. They're superior teams to us so if we managed to finish higher than either of them this year that would be a pretty successful season.

3rd is the expectation taking all things into account. Can't see any changes to the top 4 from last year either.

But i still feel if we don't at least challenge the top 2 this season. after the transfer window we've just witnessed, then the season will be a failure and big questions will be asked come May.

law90026

Established Member
Think it will be the annual 3/4th fight and will slip up near the end to let Man Utd pip us to 3rd. Injuries/suspensions will be our inevitable bugbear and we will end up dropping points as a result.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Going for third place this season. Don't think the injuries will stop which is our biggest potential hinderance for super top quality silverware.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
If things go well, we will finish 2nd. If key players don't find top form and/or endure lengthy injuries, it will be 3rd or 4th. Hard to look past City for the title this year.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
1st. **** it. Even when City have won the league, they've done their best to throw it away. I'm not worried by their quick start. Mourinho's in meltdown mode which will tear Chelsea asunder before he gets the boot midway through the season. United aren't doing anything under Van Gaal. We've got every shot of winning it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Said 2nd because I think that City are the only team looking better than us currently. United and Liverpool don't come into it. So I leave it with City, Arsenal and Chelsea as the definite top 3, I think Mourinho's meltdown really gives us an opportunity to overtake them.

Still have faith we can win the title but I've decided not to predict that we will. :p

Who knows in the next few weeks City could have a blip and all of a sudden they're in a panic. I mean take Toure out of their midfield or even if he has similar poor form at some stages to last season and they lose a lot. Not to mention if Aguero gets injured, it's not like they have Negredo and Dzeko to both play and subsidise for his absence, it's only Bony.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Chelsea have got Everton away next and we've got Stoke at home. We could be going into the Stamford Bridge game in a lot better shape and with a lot more confidence than them. If we comfortably put Stoke aside, this could be our best chance ever to beat Mourinho at the Bridge. Do this and maybe i'll start to believe ;)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The thing is - we don't even have to win away from home vs. our rivals - what kills us is our failure to beat them at OUR ground.

2-2 draw vs City (should have won this after being 2-1 up);
2-1 loss vs Man U (Dominated game yet lost - naieve display as usual);
0-0 draw vs Chelsea (toothless in attack except for one late chance)

That's where we shoot ourselves in the foot IMO - not getting victories at home vs our rivals - aleady we've drawn 0-0 vs Liverpool who aren't title contenders at all.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

City had a poor-ish record vs the rest of the top four when they won the league. Lost home and away to Chelsea, drew with Arsenal away and lost to Liverpool away. I'd happily get mostly draws in those types of games with the odd win or two. Draws in those games are decent results, they're mostly must not lose games. We've definitely shown an improvement in those games since the hammerings we received back in 2014.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom