• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

People who think we can't or are too big to get relegated need a reality check.

Where are the points coming from? I certainly can't see where they'll come from at this moment in time with this bunch of milksops representing the club (bar a few exceptions).

40 points might seem easy but it isn't & lest we forget, West Ham got relegated back in 2003 with a record 42 points, which remains the record points haul for a relegated team to this day.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well, we better start winning some games soon otherwise we will be close to the relegation zone. We are only 5 points off Everton in 18th place. We are the only PL team without a win in the last 5 games. We aren't in a relegation fight yet, but we need to start picking up some wins
I agree but until the team get thier s**t together and board do the right thing and appoint strong manager your fears could become true

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The last few weeks we have playing like the worst side in the league.

But the danger isn't relegation, it's the final few nails in the coffin of our reputation as a top club - the best players will leave, good ones won't want to come, and the fan base will steadily corrode.
The Arsenal we all know and love will never return under this ownership and management team.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Has any other club had such a sharp decline since April? We were nailed on for third and now we’re relegation fodder.

I recall Chelsea a few years back but even then they sorted it out.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Has any other club had such a sharp decline since April? We were nailed on for third and now we’re relegation fodder.

I recall Chelsea a few years back but even then they sorted it out.
Leicester went from champions to a relegation fight.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I always want us to win but this season may actually show Kroenke how easy it is to fall. He may or may not be interested in the sport but surely he cares if the club value drops. I know we had a good summer window so I'm not blaming the BoD for all of this mess but ultimately they are responsible for Raul & Co and the hiring of managers, including how much we pay them. They have to sort this mess out by bringing in the right manager at whatever cost, if not their asset will diminish.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s so weird. We seem to be playing to our weaknesses. We have Auba, Pepe and Martinelli who are very quick, and yet we play very slowly. I remember the Henry days where we could be in on goal after 3 passes.

GunnerUK

we've never been relegated right? .
Ahhh

well there was a little incident decades ago if widely believed reports are to be taken into account Herbert Chapmen pretty much paid for us to allocated back to top flight after we we’re relegated.

I read he got somebody pissed out of there skull in a pub and made it happen lol

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It’s so weird. We seem to be playing to our weaknesses. We have Auba, Pepe and Martinelli who are very quick, and yet we play very slowly. I remember the Henry days where we could be in on goal after 3 passes.
Nailed it. This stupid idea that we must start every move from the back has cost us several points this season and blunted our attack.

As for can we be relegated, I'm afraid that this is no longer a joke. I cannot with any certainty say where our next win comes from. Hopefully it will be Monday night but the level of football has been so average and the confidence so poor that we have been at times outplayed in our last three games (two of them at home) by teams who've spent most of their time this season in the last five or six positions. If we can no longer beat that kind of team at home easily we will struggle to beat anyone.

Polar Bear

This relegation zone talk is NOT over reaction or hyperbole.. not at all.

its not inconceivable that with the hard run we have in december we could slip into the relegation zone, we are close to it now as it is. Its deeply concerning.

We are getting worse and worse and slipping lower and lower each week, IF this collapse does not end ASAP then yes we will be in the relegation very soon, I'm sorry but we need to face the reality of what is happening.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Road to 40 points, just 21 points left. I believe we can do it!
:lol::lol::lol: but still the reality we are facing.

I hope this reality check is kicked hard into the players' hearts. They should man up and fight their way out if there is any spirit left in them.

No more beautiful Wenger-ball, no more "we play like Brasil". Just fight on and win the next coming games on the road till the season ends.

DasBootist

Ahhh

well there was a little incident decades ago if widely believed reports are to be taken into account Herbert Chapmen pretty much paid for us to allocated back to top flight after we we’re relegated.

I read he got somebody pissed out of there skull in a pub and made it happen lol
I was told by a Gooner that our relegation coincided with the second world war and I have forgotten the rest of what was said. Still impressive IMO

Top Bottom