• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Easily. Makes it a bit more unfair for the smaller team though and those with (richer) deeper squads can flex their strength even more to change things/see things out. With that said there are levels to it though as I felt it was full on unfair watching Fernandinho, Aguero, Bernardo Silva and Sane warming up while Arsenal was down and down a man. :lol:

:lol:

I get what you're saying but the bigger squads are usually due to more matches so allowing rotation for those teams could reduce injuries.

There is some benift if your squad is stacked for sure

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Utd and Leicester won and Chelsea are 2-0 up. We need others to drop points but I'm happy to get top 4 on thd last day :)

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Easily. Makes it a bit more unfair for the smaller team though and those with (richer) deeper squads can flex their strength even more to change things/see things out. With that said there are levels to it though as I felt it was full on unfair watching Fernandinho, Aguero, Bernardo Silva and Sane warming up while Arsenal was down and down a man. :lol:

Would benefit us a lot going forward though, like we've a crop of youngsters coming through that may not all make it in the first 11 or might develop more down the line. Like today we were able to kill Wolves with fresh legs.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

FKSoy5lDL_WczTpADbeni_zDYLijAH5hycwfGGIqARA.png

We'd have to be perfect imo. I honestly don't see United losing another game.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Let‘s fight for that 5th spot at the very least. We could get a nice CL bonus if City are banned from the competition.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We won’t get top 5, not with our fixtures.

Could get top 6 if things go for us.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Leicester will drop a lot of points. United will finish top 4.

Wolves will finish behind all the team listed there

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, they look really good - Ole's finally got their midfield and forwards clicking and they've cottoned on that Greenwood is WC talent. I think we just have to take it one step at a time and win every game available to us.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I think we'll win vs Leicester, Villa and Watford, draw to Sp**s and lose to Liverpool

10 points finishing on 59. EL would be great (even though I hate it) but looks unlikely

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Pretty decent. 8th is likely to be a EL slot assuming the City ban sticks. As long as we keep our current form going we should slot in easily. Likely at the expense of Sp**s too.
I'd take that all day tbh

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Pretty decent. 8th is likely to be a EL slot assuming the City ban sticks. As long as we keep our current form going we should slot in easily. Likely at the expense of Sp**s too.

How does it work? It should be 5th place so if City are banned it'll be 6th that qualifies for EL. Then City won the EFL cup so 8th will get that usual route (second round qualifying) and if a CL qualifying team win FA cup, 7th will get that route?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
According to Wikipedia, 8th will get Europa League football.

How come the runner up in the FA Cup (if the winner is already in Europe) gets the European spot, but the League Cup one goes to the next highest league position?

How does it work? It should be 5th place so if City are banned it'll be 6th that qualifies for EL. Then City won the EFL cup so 8th will get that usual route (second round qualifying) and if a CL qualifying team win FA cup, 7th will get that route?
It's usually 5th and 6th who get EL spots, 7th too if a CL qualified team wins the FA cup.
Since City is banned from Europe entirely, we drop it down by 1. Unless we win the FA cup or United/Chelsea do while missing out on CL, 8th should be getting EL football.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

According to Wikipedia, 8th will get Europa League football.

How come the runner up in the FA Cup (if the winner is already in Europe) gets the European spot, but the League Cup one goes to the next highest league position?

UEFA Europa League (UEL) qualification
In normal circumstances, three UEL places are given to English clubs who fulfil the following criteria:

• The fifth-placed team in the Premier League qualify for the group stage proper.
  • The winners of the FA Cup qualify for the group stage proper.
  • The EFL Cup winners qualify for the second qualifying round.
Where these qualifications changes
a) If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League, their UEL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

b) If the EFL Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League (or top six if (a) happens), their UEL second qualifying round place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We'll get Europe easily, all of our next opponents are beatable, Liverpool are on holiday already.

Won't get top four though, ****ed that up some time ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom