• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sp**s draw against Leicester and win against Palace takes them to 59 points.

Our two games will be tough, Villa and Watford will die for every ball.
They have a better goal difference, so we would have to score 4 more goals then them in that scenario. Going to be tough.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think Sheffield Utd will draw one and win one winding up on 58 points.

Also think Sp**s will draw one and win one winding up on 59 points.

Wolves I think will win against Palace but lose against Chelsea and end up on 59 points.

Basically if we win both our games we'll get 6th or 7th depending on GD. But we should overtake Wolves GD with two wins.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So now we know roughly what’s required. Six points and +5 GD between us and Wolves means we’ll need to win our next two games by a combined 4 goal margin and hope Chelsea beat Wolves. Wolves have only lost by more than 1 goal twice this season. Once to us and once against Chelsea, so it’s fair to assume that if they do lose it won’t be by a lot.

tcahill

I think we're in a decent position to get 6th/7th.
Assuming that we win our last two games;

Everton have done us a massive favour by beating Sheffield, we'll overtake them.

Sp**s look like favourites for 6th, true they have to go to Palace away which isn't easy but they should be getting the points.

Wolves have to lose to Chelsea, which looks likely but not guaranteed. As others pointed out, we'll need to make up a -4 goal difference too.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we're in a decent position to get 6th/7th.
Assuming that we win our last two games;

Everton have done us a massive favour by beating Sheffield, we'll overtake them.

Sp**s look like favourites for 6th, true they have to go to Palace away which isn't easy but they should be getting the points.

Wolves have to lose to Chelsea, which looks likely but not guaranteed. As others pointed out, we'll need to make up a -4 goal difference too.

Chelsea need to beat Wolves to get Champions League, we need to win our last two games and score goals in the process as the max we can get is 59 and Wolves will end up on 59. If chelsea win by goal at the least we will have to match a goal difference total of 4 in our next two games.
If we end up on the same as wolves we would finish above them based on scoring more.

So basically win our next two games with a total goal difference of 4 when you combine the results and we have a strong chance of getting 7th.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd also add that we really need to secure Europe before the final. This team do not do well under too much pressure, take Baku as an example.

It could have a knock on effect. The only thing stopping Auba from signing is Europe.

Europe= Money which leads to spend which makes the team stronger. It is also an additional pathway to the champions league, and you would expect us to reach the semis with investment next season.

Imagine we secure Europe, auba signs before the final, no pressure of qualifying. The feeling in the team will be so determined and positive to finish the season on a high, rather than fighting to prevent the season ending on a low. That extra bit of tension could hamper the wrong players.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sp*rs have Palace, so you've got to assume they'll finish on 61 points and finish 6th. So we'd need Wolves to lose to Chelsea, preferably by a good few goals, and we pick up 6 points from Villa and Watford, preferably with a big victory in one of them.

And if all that happens we'd finish on 59 points and in 7th. Which means if we didn't win the FA Cup we'd go into the qualifying rounds of the Europa League?

roz

Fake News Merchant
Those lost points against Leicester and Sp**s look so costly now..
The numerous ref/var decisions will be more costly. Palace springs to mind.

gotta feel for Sheffield utd also. Imagine them missing out on Europe after not being given that goal v Villa

GunnerShy

The numerous ref/var decisions will be more costly. Palace springs to mind.

gotta feel for Sheffield utd also. Imagine them missing out on Europe after not being given that goal v Villa
I don't feel for Sheffield UTD at all. Feel like they got the rub of the green when they got the result against us up there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Those lost points against Leicester and Sp**s look so costly now..

Considering the fixtures I thought we would draw and lose one of the remaining games. One of them coming against wolves and the other against Sp**s or Liverpool.

I think we have done remarkably well since the brighton shambles.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

^ its mostly Brighton that I rue myself.

We've had bad decisions that cost us a lot of points of course but we just simply wasn't good enough for most of the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
^ its mostly Brighton that I rue myself.

We've had bad decisions that cost us a lot of points of course but we just simply wasn't good enough for most of the season.

There's so many games you can look back on tbf.

Drawing 2-2 at Watford conceding the 81st minute penalty.
Drawing 2-2 at home to Palace after scoring two early goals.
Drawing 2-2 at home to Southampton although we salvaged a point there.
Drawing 2-2 away to bloody Norwich.
The 2-1 loss at home to Brighton with Maupay scoring the winner again.
The 2-1 loss at home to Chelsea, that one actually made me so angry because we should have won.
Drawing 1-1 at home to Sheff Utd after being in the lead, another 80th+ minute goal conceded.
And then obviously the 2-1 loss against Brighton AGAIN.
Throw the 1-1 against Leicester into that as well.

There was a run where we drew 4 games in a row which killed us.

We were poor for swathes of the season, but theres so many games above that we should've won. Looking towards the Palace home game, Sheff Utd home game and both Brighton games. Honestly shocking.

You'd like to think with a couple of solid defensive additions we can turn the draws and some of the losses into wins.

Saying that we also lacked creativity in most of these games which meant we couldn't win by a small margin despite conceding a lot.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sadly again we putting pressure on ourselves by beating Chelsea to be in europa league just like last season.

Well in ny opinion when you finish 10-8 you don't deserve to be in europa but when you have the chance you should taking it.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Sadly again we putting pressure on ourselves by beating Chelsea to be in europa league just like last season.

Well in ny opinion when you finish 10-8 you don't deserve to be in europa but when you have the chance you should taking it.
and it's possible we would be getting into Europe at Sp**s expense - and wouldn't that be sweet

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
and it's possible we would be getting into Europe at Sp**s expense - and wouldn't that be sweet
Think Sp**s are finishing 6th they definitely getting result at palace and Chelsea will need CL football they need to beat wolves

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom