• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you truly insinuating that the measure of a defender is in the amount of goals he scores or assists he makes?

I'm so happy that you are not a coach, clueless.

Do you even watch the overall play of each player. Cole was in a league of his own as a defender and he contributed to his teams offensive output as well. I am aware that the modern game utilizes fullbacks in a more attacking role, this does not diminish the contributions of past fullbacks. You young clueless supporters need to stop stat worshiping and use the eye test.

If you want to play Mourinho-ball, sure go for Cole.

If you want to play modern, attacking football, TAA all the way.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Yeah...not like Cashley was apart of some of the most famous attacking Arsenal teams of all time, or how he was a key part of our ridiculous left hand side attack of Cole-Pires-Henry that just destroyed numerous teams.

I have never seen a better complete fullback than Cole...there have been better attacking ones and defensive ones, but no one matches him all round.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Strange post. Cole was brilliant going forward. If you'd compared Arnold to say Ferreira I could see your point.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cmon TAA is better at going forward than Cole. Cole was better defensively of course.
At Chelsea he became an even better defender but at us he was a massive part of our attacking play. As I've said before I can't stand him but he's bar none the best full back in Britain the last 20 years

Shalmaneser V

At Chelsea he became an even better defender but at us he was a massive part of our attacking play. As I've said before I can't stand him but he's bar none the best full back in Britain the last 20 years

Cole was a great fullback with few weaknesses. But TAA is technically a better footballer for me. He bombs up and down like Cole used to. But he has a better touch, is a far better passer, set-piece taker and consistently one of the best crossers of the ball in Europe. From an attacking point of view this puts him ahead of Cole.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Cole was a great fullback with few weaknesses. But TAA is technically a better footballer for me. He bombs up and down like Cole used to. But he has a better touch, is a far better passer, set-piece taker and consistently one of the best crossers of the ball in Europe. From an attacking point of view this puts him ahead of Cole.
By Christmas, a 22 year old TAA will have more goals + assists than Cole did in his entire career. Cole was a great player, but as an attacking force, TAA is on another plane of existence.

Kav

Established Member

Cole was a complete defender, good going forward and amazing defender.

TAA is great going forward and mediocre as a defender. I've seen josh king, grealish, redmond, put him on toast, he does not impress me defensively.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I want to see TAA in a normal team like England. I have a feeling he will get exposed defensively.

At Liverpool the 3 midfielders cover the full backs and allow them to essentially play like wingers. England dont play such a system, and I feel like TAA could get done 1on1 or positionally.

The ideal but unrealistic scenario is TAA becomes a midfielder for England and AWB takes the right back spot, as he is one of the best 1on1 fullbacks on the planet.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

You must have not seen Cole play or maybe forgot what kind of player he was if you think he can only excel at Mourinho-ball. TAA is better at going forward but is miles behind Cole in defending or any other part of his game that doesn't involve crossing the ball or taking set pieces (reading of the game, physical attributes, decision making etc)

In simple terms TAA is 9/10 going forward but only 6/10 defending. Cole is 8/10 attacking and 9/10 at defending. TAA has a long, long way to go before he can be compared to Cole, who was a beast of a fullback with hardly any weaknesses that attackers could exploit.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I need to see TAA in a system outside of Liverpool’s before I see him in the same sentences as Cole tbh.

Cole was a beast. Fullback position being unglamorous and having no accent in his surname meant he got overlooked a lot. He was the blueprint.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
It is what it is, CL or no CL I don't feel like the fans genuinely benefit from it because of our owners. Unless you're able to go to them live of course. Even then, imagine travelling to watch us get spanked 5-1 on aggregate and be reminded that we shouldn't really be in there anyways.

Its a weird one. Good question though.
Isn't that the whole point of following a football team? To go and support them live on their travels?
Doesn't matter what the score is, it's the travelling there, discovering a new city and the friends ( and enemies ) made there, new culinary wonders, and of course a game of football in a new Stadium to enjoy.
I hope we get Europa League, as we'll still be going.
I travel with a group of ex-pats here ( 2 CFC, 1 THFC are regulars, then a Gooner, and a few 'undecided' who come when time/wife/money allows ), and it's always a brilliant buzz.
Beats Premier League and the Emirates hands down. ( although I know this only from hearsay - proud (?) to say never been to a PL game and never will, and Emirates? Well, in the away end maybe one day )

Latest posts+

Top Bottom