• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

And what is that Chelsea prediction?!

Chelsea are all over the place.

One instance they're butchering Everton, the next they're holding on to dear life against Burnley.

They give Jekyll & Hyde a run for their money.

amigo

I think they will, if we can navigate the next 2 with wins that puts them in this position -

Arsenal - 83 (2 to play)
City - 82 - (3 to play)

So going into the final week with Fulham and Sp**s away knowing they probably need to win both is huge. If they get through that with max points and we’ve done the most we can then you can only say fair enough.

No matter what happens it’ll go down to the final week, horrifically exciting.
If we lose another game or two it may not go down to the final week. So not quite right to say "no matter what happens". But let's hope for the best and that City are the ones to drop points..

amigo

I don’t get the reaction to that result. Didn’t even bother watching as I knew Brighton have been pants this season + they haven’t had Mitoma for a while. No Mitoma, no Brighton 😅

Everything is on Sunday for me. We win the NLD then I can’t see us dropping points until the end of the season. At the minimum City will draw a game imo between now and the end of the season.
It was the ease with which City swept them aside which was the killer. We all knew they probably would win but secretly hoped for a gruelling, confidence and energy sapping encounter, with Brighton causing some kind of problems. Alas it was not to be. And to be honest my belief has taken a huge dip after this result.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It was the ease with which City swept them aside which was the killer. We all knew they probably would win but secretly hoped for a gruelling, confidence and energy sapping encounter, with Brighton causing some kind of problems. Alas it was not to be. And to be honest my belief has taken a huge dip after this result.

Have you watched Brighton over the course of the season? If you have then you would have known the side that was out on Thursday stood no chance against City. Look at the names below and you will realise it’s like half of their squad:

Solly March
Kaoru Mitoma
Tariq Lamptey
Pervis Estupinan
Billy Gilmour
Evan Ferguson
Julio Enciso
Adingra (bench)

Should have been more than 0-4.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Apart from the 1st goal, the rest were such bullsh*t. Deflected freekick from a dive, an absolute gift from Brighton faffing about at the back, a foul by Walker in the build up. If you'd listened to De Zerbi's pre match press conference, you can tell that he has already given up on the season.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Of course
I do think it's important to separate fans and players here. Yes the fans will absolutely want them to throw the game against City if it means we don't win the league and the players should be extra motivated for a big derby game. But proffesional football player aren't going to throw a game to screw their rivals, a player with that mentality would never make it to the top level in the first place.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Apart from the 1st goal, the rest were such bullsh*t. Deflected freekick from a dive, an absolute gift from Brighton faffing about at the back, a foul by Walker in the build up. If you'd listened to De Zerbi's pre match press conference, you can tell that he has already given up on the season.
I'd argue even the first goal was kind of BS. How can you let KDB of all people score a diving header from that distance? :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I do think it's important to separate fans and players here. Yes the fans will absolutely want them to throw the game against City if it means we don't win the league and the players should be extra motivated for a big derby game. But proffesional football player aren't going to throw a game to screw their rivals, a player with that mentality would never make it to the top level in the first place.
Players would never throw a game but they’ll take their foot off the gas a little. That’s all it takes. There is nothing wrong with that too, if it means it hurts your bitter rivals.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Players would never throw a game but they’ll take their foot off the gas a little. That’s all it takes. There is nothing wrong with that too, if it means it hurts your bitter rivals.
Not many players actually care about how successful rivals are, unless they were brought up from the Academy then maybe. They only care about their own success and that means winning games. If Sp**s still has a chance of top 4 come the City game their players won't take their foot off the gas just to spite us even if their fans want it, they'd want that CL spot.

HattoriHanzo

City isn’t dropping anymore, but we need to win the rest if our games at most they might have one slip. Unfortunately,i think it is more likely we will drop points then they will. Crazy we going to lose league because of Fulham, West Ham and villa. The Gabriel dropping early in season and the points lost there will probably be what decides it. What a dumb and costly power trip by Arteta
You were hiding under the rock almost 3 months, waiting patiently for your moment to come back here.
And your moment has arrived (loss to Villa), so you can again post your usual claptrap (bottler, Peps dumbest coffe boy, etc,).
You never posted something constructive, something worth reading.
So sad, so deplorable.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

If we lose another game or two it may not go down to the final week. So not quite right to say "no matter what happens". But let's hope for the best and that City are the ones to drop points..

It’ll go down to the final week even if we lose at Sp**s and beat Bournemouth.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Liverpool completely choking btw. If they lose today and Villa grab another win they’re just 4 ahead of Villa and still need to play them and Sp**s…

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Knowing Emirates Era Arsenal, it'd be classic of us to trounce Sp**s at their hovel and suffer a Southampton-like sucker punch by Bournemouth.

Tets & the lads had best be on a war footing & treat every match as a final.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Exactly. Qualifying for CL is worth tens of millions to the club. No way the owners or manager would risk that

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom