• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Bucephalus

The thing that bothers me going into the run in, is how undercooked our rotation players are. I think Arteta has not done enough to get them combining well with our first team, and being able to do a job in the absence of players like Ødegaard, Saka, Rice, Saliba, Gabriel.

The players Im looking at specifically are Vieira, Nelson, TP5, Smith Rowe, Zinchenko, Jesus, Tomiyasu, Trossard. We need to get all these players in tune with our first team quickly, to allow us to rotate out our core players earlier in games.

Ideally, Ødegaard, Saka, even Rice, Saliba and Gabriel can be substituted when the game is made safe and we can drop off into a controlling game mode to conserve energy.
It's the chicken and the egg problem, though, isn't it? Does Arteta not rotate because he's not good at rotating? Or does he not rotate because the drop-off to the rotational options is just too big in a game that's still competitive? And why would someone better than Nelson come to Arsenal if he fears he'll just be stuck behind Saka playing every minute of every game?

The only solution I see is to smash teams early like peak-City did, so it's safe for the rotational options to come on at 60 minutes and get real game time.

Bucephalus

What a sh1tshow, i hope playing every 3 days keeps us hungry!
Oh, they'll stay hungry. I have no doubt they'll fight it out to the bitter end.

But spare a thought for Southgate. After all of this is done, there's no way Saka or Rice will be able to play 120 minutes. And two players with the balls and responsibility to take one won't be available. England will crash out on penalties once again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They will do anything to stop us!! Fvck City and the Pep love in. Its embarressing from the media/pundits.

In my opinion the only title wins that means anything in Prem history, are our 3.

Man United...FA in bed with Fergie.
Blackburn...bought it.
Chelsea...super bought it .
Man City... SUPER, super bought it.
Liverpool...COVID, so doesn't count.

... Leicester was ok too, but quality in that season was awful from everyone els...plus refs bent over for them every week, swear half their Prem goals were pens ffs!

Only one team has done it in a world class style, with the refs/FA not begging for us to do it, without an sugar daddy and with tans in the ground to applaud them.

And that team is the same one to have the only Gold Prem title too 👍

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

In my opinion the only title wins that means anything in Prem history, are our 3.

Man United...FA in bed with Fergie.
Blackburn...bought it.
Chelsea...super bought it .
Man City... SUPER, super bought it.
Liverpool...COVID, so doesn't count.

... Leicester was ok too, but quality in that season was awful from everyone els...plus refs bent over for them every week, swear half their Prem goals were pens ffs!

Only one team has done it in style, with the refs/FA not begging for us to do it, without an sugar daddy and with tans in the ground to applaud them.

And that team is the same one to have the only Gold Prem title too 👍
Truly hope we win on Sunday then go for it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Where did this "Arteta luck" thing originate from? Ive only ever seen it on here 😂
Whenever something bad happened to Wenger, @Makingtrax would say it’s Wenger luck as if the universe was conspiring against us. For example, we drew CSKA Moscow in the EL when two Russian spies were poisoned in the UK and Trax said it was Wenger luck that we drew a team whose country was spreading nerve agents in the UK.

He’s done a 180 with Arteta and now whenever something that benefits him happens, it’s Arteta luck.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whenever something bad happened to Wenger, @Makingtrax would say it’s Wenger luck as if the universe was conspiring against us. For example, we drew CSKA Moscow in the EL when two Russian spies were poisoned in the UK and Trax said it was Wenger luck that we drew a team whose country was spreading nerve agents in the UK.

He’s done a 180 with Arteta and now whenever something that benefits him happens, it’s Arteta luck.
Explaining a joke is a bit like dissecting a frog. It may improve understanding, but something dies in the process. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The only way we stand a chance in both, is if we do the job against non top 6 teams by 60 minutes. So Luton, Brighton, Wolves, we should be in a position to sub off Saka, Rice, Ødegaard, possibly even Saliba as well.

In the other games, bar City and Bayern, I think the game needs to be set by 60 minutes, and we conserve our energy by holding the ball and rotating position and choosing moments as they come.

Its a big test for us these next weeks, and I dont think we'll have enough this time if Im honest. But next season this time, I think we'll be complete and ready for such schedules.

fute

The thing that bothers me going into the run in, is how undercooked our rotation players are. I think Arteta has not done enough to get them combining well with our first team, and being able to do a job in the absence of players like Ødegaard, Saka, Rice, Saliba, Gabriel.

The players Im looking at specifically are Vieira, Nelson, TP5, Smith Rowe, Zinchenko, Jesus, Tomiyasu, Trossard. We need to get all these players in tune with our first team quickly, to allow us to rotate out our core players earlier in games.

Ideally, Ødegaard, Saka, even Rice, Saliba and Gabriel can be substituted when the game is made safe and we can drop off into a controlling game mode to conserve energy.

Of all those players named, Nelson is on the only one who has been healthy and Trossard available most of the time.

Hard to get in tune when those guys are injured or not fit due to injury.

You look at someone like Kiwior has done well with consistent work, although due to necessity. Then there is Eddie who has plenty of opportunity but hasn't produced a lot.

This is the dilemma Arteta faces. Not just Arteta, but every manager.

Think it has helped Arteta somewhat. He manages better when his hand is forced and/or his options are narrower. Prevents him from galaxy braining when he has all of his toys. If we had the money to spend in January on transfers, I don't think we'd be in a better position than we are now.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We’ve been a good team for 2 years, but we’re still not a champion team. We need to win something this year. After a point you need to convert it all into trophies, otherwise it disintegrates.

“We’re still not a champion team”
“We need to win something this year”

We “need” to win the title off of Pep/Klopp? We •need” to beat Bayern, Madrid/City and Barca/PSG to win a CL.

Whilst I agree we need to win a major trophy soon. I’ve seen enough to realise we have an elite coach and an incredible football team. Furthermore the players are extremely invested for at least the next 3 years.

We don’t “need” to win something this year because of the context of the situation.

outlawz

The only way we stand a chance in both, is if we do the job against non top 6 teams by 60 minutes. So Luton, Brighton, Wolves, we should be in a position to sub off Saka, Rice, Ødegaard, possibly even Saliba as well.

In the other games, bar City and Bayern, I think the game needs to be set by 60 minutes, and we conserve our energy by holding the ball and rotating position and choosing moments as they come.

Its a big test for us these next weeks, and I dont think we'll have enough this time if Im honest. But next season this time, I think we'll be complete and ready for such schedules.
I agree, I think next season we will win it. You can see we are maturing every year but still feels a little too soon.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I agree, I think next season we will win it. You can see we are maturing every year but still feels a little too soon.
This! And hey if we don’t win it next year that’s on Arteta. But I firmly believe we will do it next year.

Once again context, Klopps leaving and I don’t believe City do a FIVEpeat. Logically we do go and win it next year in my opinion.

I HOPE we win it this year, same with last year my gut feeling says we won’t.

My gut feeling also says we get to the semi of the CL and fall short. I hope my club surprise me.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This! And hey if we don’t win it next year that’s on Arteta. But I firmly believe we will do it next year.

Once again context, Klopps leaving and I don’t believe City do a FIVEpeat. Logically we do go and win it next year in my opinion.

I HOPE we win it this year, same with last year my gut feeling says we won’t.

My gut feeling also says we get to the semi of the CL and fall short. I hope my club surprise me.
Don Mike will probably be our manager this decade. Can't see us sacking him, and I don't think he'll be going anywhere either.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom